Home defence with an airgun? Countries with no fire arms - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,712 Times in 716 Posts

Advertise Here

I put one of these on my wishlist....seriously considering one just for the he77 of it...maybe some deer hunting, but would definitely need to buy the electric pump (not into a hand pump).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T9S3OBQ...v_ov_lig_dp_it

expensive for a pellet gun, but .357 @ 800fps might be better than nothing.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2019, 03:10 AM

Thanks! I`m a big fan of Jorg, but the slingshot is very slow. And if you don't hit the first time... what then?
Old 06-24-2019, 04:12 PM
Trapper

Location: The original Birmingham, Engand, or as we call it the BLACK COUNTRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by svremeto View Post
hahahah You made my day! I`m happy that you understand me.

You gave me great ideas. Maybe one giant high power torch attached to the weapon will be great for stopping the intruders and arrest them.
try the co2 its a great weapon in defense use,

aan old favorite of mine in close house use is a simple water pistol shooter but filled with tabasco sauce and water or chillies and water. if you wear a full face sheild from a DIY shop and that protects you from blow back, works brilliantly, even if you dont get a good clear face shot a mist in the air will affect them.

I know someone that has a pump up garden sprayer filled with chillies and water liquidised and uses it through his front door, makes a great time giver for you to legit away to safety.

everyone raves about guns but other options make for better uses and more usable in situations faced in europe
The Following User Says Thank You to hedgerowpete For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 06:30 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 84,358 Times in 24,360 Posts

Cage full of skunks and a fire cracker.

Bag full of yellow jackets and a fire cracker.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:39 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,696 Times in 965 Posts

When in some less-than-safe places abroad... a few items that never cause comment

door wedges (just in case they have a hotel / apartment door key...)
bikelock (for doors with handles)
bottle of olive oil (destabilize the intruder's stance)
rubber mallet (light, easy to carry, clearly non-lethal but still effective option)
WD40 (blinding, not permanent)
etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Madoc For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 11:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,462 Times in 3,621 Posts

You know they make .375,.45 and .50 airguns. Even a .25 airgun is better than the .22. What about spearguns ?
Old 03-28-2020, 04:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,364 Posts

Old 03-28-2020, 06:47 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarmyguy View Post
You know they make .375,.45 and .50 airguns. Even a .25 airgun is better than the .22. What about spearguns ?
Yes, there are videos of them shooting large hogs with big bore airguns.

But the problem in these other countries is they limit the ft lbs of energy the airgun can have.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 1,514 Times in 458 Posts

I have real guns for home protection BUT...... I have this super cheap Daisy Powerline 415 Pistol and I often think about how it would probably be supper effective if you mag dumped all 20 bb's into someones face from this thing.

It holds 20 bb's and is really powerful as far as co2 powered bb pistols go....... It has a smooth bore so its not exactly accurate at any longer ranges but at typical indoor distances you could probably put 15 out of 20 bb's into someones face in a few seconds...... and it would mess them up badly.

Another great co2 pistol I have that IS accurate ad pretty nasty is the sig sauer p226 .177 cal pellet gun. you would have 10 rounds to put in someones face at pretty high velocity.

But that cheap 30 dollar daisy 415 would be worse I swear, that thing is NASTY.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klbsa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 09:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,096 Times in 4,100 Posts

I'd bet one of these 20 gun shops Bulgaria could help show you the way to acquire a legal firearm instead of playing with toys.

https://tinyurl.com/rnx444x
Old 03-30-2020, 04:13 AM
Freedom isn't free.

Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Thanked 12,449 Times in 3,977 Posts

My feral cats treed a roof rat in a fan palm leaf just after sunrise yesterday. I shot the rat with a Daisy 840 pellet rifle. .177 cal @ just 340 fps. The rat rolled off the palm leaf, dropped to the ground and one of the cats finished the rat off. That cat was so happy and proud of it's kill. She was all lit up. She ate it right down to the tail.
Daisy 840 single pump defending the homestead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrypticCRICKET For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 01:06 PM
Flintlock Shooter

Thanked 6,604 Times in 3,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by svremeto View Post
Hello, folks!

I live in Bulgaria. A country in easter Europe with a lot of corruption, a country of criminaks. I was brought here by sorrow. I live in a relatively dangerous place where is almost illegal to defend your self or your home. Its extremely hard for most people to get a fire arm for self defence so i've started to think about home defence with an airgun. I found there is a relativly cheap semi automatic airgun called Hatsan Sortie. It has approximately 20-22 jaules of energy and muzzle velosity of 700 fps. I.'ve found also that if i get .22 slugs which are twice heavier than the regilular pellets the stoping power will increase and i suppose they will be enough accurate for 15-20 yards. If i put a red dot and with its big magazin (12 shots) i suppose its enough to defend my home (me or my wife) from 2-3 attackers.

What dou you think about it?
You would be better off with a recurve or a longbow. It doesn't have the range of this air gun, but it would do much more damage to a target. Standard air guns are good for harvesting small game, but I wouldn't trust one as a front line defense weapon.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:20 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

One advantage to air rifles is their accuracy.

If you shoot a target in the eye or hit a jugular vein, I don't care how big the attacking person or beast is, they are all done.

Also, i have a couple airguns that are between 750 and 1000 fps. These things penetrate like crazy.
Shoot one at a conventional pellet trap- target and you will see what I mean.
Pro tip - don't put it in front of any furniture you are fond of.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:45 PM

Considering your limited resources. GO FOR IT. The .25 would be the best if not the 22. Being a PCP airgun youll need an expensive pump for the chamber. Its a semi auto even better for your situation. Order atleast 5 spare magazines and plenty of pellets. H&B makes a nice heavy pointed pellet. Heavy pellet may penetrate better. Order a variety of pellets based on owner reviews and do a penetration test on plywood or magazines, water jugs and see what does the best.

Spear or short bat is LAST option. You dont wont close contact. With this you can keep the bad guys at bay (distance) from cover. I noticed some of these hatson pcps are selling with small folding stock now. Door stops mentioned will help, do what you can make upgrades to secure your home/apt. door stops, board across door in holder, boards in window tracks, but easily removeable in case of fire. good luck.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:19 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,468 Times in 589 Posts

Aim for the face or groin. Pellets tend to not penetrate heavier clothing very well, but a pellet to the face is going to hurt. Three or four should make them stop. But they are going to be mad and you will probably have to deal with the same guy later on even less advantageous ground and terms.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:06 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,462 Times in 3,621 Posts

Some brands make rotary magazine versions. 5/6 shots are much better than 1 shot .
Old 06-29-2020, 02:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,745 Times in 2,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
Your best survival tool is your brain - use it to flee your oppressive nation and move to freedom. We in America would welcome you.
I'm sure he is a great guy but NO WE WOULD'T.

The US has 50m that need to go back where they came from. We showed them (mostly) how things should work now go fix their broke ass cesspool.
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,745 Times in 2,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerowpete View Post
... chinese quality ones ..l
Don't see that in a sentence often. Likely the bar is lower in OnceGreatBritain (as Lucas).

Heard of Streamlight? US
Old 06-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,696 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerowpete View Post
try the co2 its a great weapon in defense use. everyone raves about guns but other options make for better uses and more usable in situations faced in europe
Very sound advice if I may say so. In countries where they don't have a Second Amendment they really hate self-defense with just about anything.

An air pistol or air rifle used for self defence will get us in just about as much trouble as if we'd had a legal or illegal firearm.

Using common household items in fear of our lives is the best way to still have a job, A career, money in the bank and a reputation after a confrontation with a criminal.

I appreciate that's not something that is easy to reconcile with Second Amendment culture but it's what it is.

Over a number of years in a number of different countries nearly all of which had strict provisions against anybody but the government bullies owning firearms (which in practice meant only criminals either inside or outside the government were armed) I had a fair number of amateur-looking but carefully-practised-with improvised assistance devices scattered around the house.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
Your best survival tool is your brain - use it to flee your oppressive nation and move to freedom. We in America would welcome you.
Thank you for your thoughts! I made this post before a lot of time and now the situation is changing. Now "you in America" should think more about the security and existence of your families. The BAD GUYS thinking about you and prepare your coffin...
Be aware!
God bless you!