Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
black bears, pepper spray...? nmdesert Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 36 06-29-2016 04:16 PM
Mace, pepper spray, bear spray, tazers and a pregnant women ounceofprevention Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 2 06-21-2016 03:59 PM
Pepper Enforcement (Pack of 4) Self Defense Pepper Spray $27.96 shipped apps47inc For Sale 0 04-27-2015 09:04 AM
Mace pepper spray black mini 80366 Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 02-17-2015 09:48 AM
MACE Hard Key Case Pepper Spray Black (80391) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 02-12-2015 10:19 AM
Pepper Spray for INDOORS - Foam Pepper Enforcement Test jwb711 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 10-18-2014 11:25 PM
Shootings, pepper-spray attack mar Wal-Mart Black Friday sales madcritter General Discussion 23 11-26-2011 01:00 AM
Wasp spray instead of pepper spray for defence arguz General Discussion 16 07-10-2010 09:04 PM

Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Default DPS Black Label (Pepper Spray)

Advertise Here

Does anyone have experience with this oc/cs formula? I currently carry the Sabre Red Crossfire. Its really hot but I'm looking for something stronger. After lots of research I'm leaning towards the DPS oc/cs but would like some reviews first. Anyone?
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Default DPS Black Label

I talked to DPS Brand who gave me the formula content on the Black Label oc/cs. DPS Black Label: the capsonoids are 1.06 At 160,000 ONH AND 2% CS. After all my research this is the highest oc/cs mix on the market. Plus they use a chemical called Perk that helps the heat penetrate. Sabre Advanced only has 0.33% capsaicinoids and 1% CS. Freeze+ P was real close to the Sabre. When I called them they sent me a free sample. After I test it I'll be trading in my Sabre Red Crossfire. Except on windy days because of Crossfire's advanced stream 20 feet.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathisryansean View Post
I talked to DPS Brand who gave me the formula content on the Black Label oc/cs. DPS Black Label: the capsonoids are 1.06 At 160,000 ONH AND 2% CS. After all my research this is the highest oc/cs mix on the market. Plus they use a chemical called Perk that helps the heat penetrate. Sabre Advanced only has 0.33% capsaicinoids and 1% CS. Freeze+ P was real close to the Sabre. When I called them they sent me a free sample. After I test it I'll be trading in my Sabre Red Crossfire. Except on windy days because of Crossfire's advanced stream 20 feet.
The makers of DPS have upgraded their formulas. The new DPS Black Label now has, 1.33 major capsaicinoids and 2% CS. You can even request to get it in a stream.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:20 PM

Just ordered 4 cans, tactical fogger pattern. Hope its more of a cone. Has anyone first hand account of being sprayed with it?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:46 PM

Default Mr. Tactical

Hey buddy did you get a chance to test out that new DPS BL? What was your take?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:09 PM

I would just make my own ya know most of your pepper sprays are made up of 100% capsaicin oil vinegar and water just use a super soaker to squirt it they might laugh at first as you point a measly squirt gun at them but when you actually squirt it in there face they turn from laughing goons too crying babies
Old 04-01-2015, 11:22 PM

I received my new DPS OC/CS units. This new upgraded formula is insane! I can honestly say, after all of my live testing of multiple brands this stuff is seriously superior to anything I have ever seen! Fox, Sabre, Vexor, Def-Tech are all great effective defense sprays but this stuff is like no other. I can't believe it didn't do any real damage. The stats are, 1.3% major capsaicinoids and 2%CS with an oil stripping agent called Perc. It's like having the heat of Vexor, the instant reaction of Fox, and the serious CS pain of the Defense Technology's oc/cs Gray Band. I call it hell in a can! It is the best pepper spray available hands down.
http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/D...p-1-c-270.html

Last edited by mathisryansean; 04-01-2015 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: update
Old 12-31-2015, 02:54 PM

I will update my DPS Black Label review when they come out with their new formula. I still think it's an excellent product, but there appear to be some inconsistencies. Stand by....

Last edited by mathisryansean; 02-28-2016 at 02:15 PM..
Old 01-26-2017, 01:41 PM

After years of research and testing, the following is my list of best defense sprays. I hope it will save you time in deciding which spray to go with. Stay safe!

Streams:
1. Vexor Full Axis- 1.45mc & Devils ****
2. Defense Technology oc/cs- 1.3%mc & 2%cs
3. Wildfire 18% stream- 1.52%mc & solvent carrier
4. Fox Labs 5.3- .70%mc & solvent carrier

Cone/ Fogger
1. Sabre Red Phantom- 1.33%mc & evaporating carrier
2. Fox Labs 5.3
3. Sabre Red DPS- 1.33%mc
4. DPS Black Label oc/cs- Who knows!!!! (I question whether there is actually cs in this. But, HOT none the less.)

Last edited by mathisryansean; 02-04-2017 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 09-16-2017, 11:17 PM

Default DPS Black Label update

As you know I like to update on all my pepper spray tests when I feel something worthwhile is to report. DPS Black Label just came out with yet another updated formula. This company is great because they are always looking to improve. Anyways, WOW!!!! This new stuff is even hotter than the last! It appears cleaner and seems to have way more pressure. I still wish they would up the CS although Nonetheless, It will definitely be my edc unit. Bravo Mr. Miller!
Old 02-16-2019, 04:37 PM

Hi i use black label dps and wildfire 18 and fox labs new 4% 5.3 cone . Which do u find the best ?
Old 02-16-2019, 04:42 PM

Irv miller is great . Fox labs just came out with a 4% 5.3 spray with the old solvent carrier from the old days that they changed its called one point four its the nunber of mcs it doubled its 4% and 1.4 caps. Have u tried it ? Do u like black label ? I think its the best out . Not sure if fox reclaimed the best .