Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modern Minuteman - a "theoretical" discussion Grevlin General Discussion 3581 09-06-2019 12:35 PM
A Day Late and a Dollar Short 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 698 02-23-2019 01:34 PM
Good Guys With Guns Pitbull_Dallas General Discussion 2 07-13-2018 10:02 PM
The skein of your life was woven long ago. Chapter 1 MayDay Books, Movies & Stories 231 04-14-2017 01:04 PM

Old 09-11-2018, 04:17 AM
Survivor

Thanked 24,549 Times in 8,150 Posts
Default The bad guys practice too.

Advertise Here

A reminder that the bad guys practice too. If you don't believe me, watch this video, especially the third one from the backup officer's bodycam.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uAvlx_1536593947
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2018, 04:22 AM
Survivor

Thanked 24,549 Times in 8,150 Posts

In my opinion, the backup officer's reaction was spot on.

And while you're at it, some of them don't:

https//www.liveleak.com/view?t=kVc9o_1536536013

Great ending.
The Following User Says Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2018, 01:02 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,458 Times in 7,846 Posts

Hell yes they practice. I saw a rather chilling video once of gang members being taught how to counter retention holster measures. Of course we were taught if they tried to get your gun once, they would try again and it was time to shoot them.

As an aside, also all these MMA guys I was seeing before I retired. Not all of the ones doing that training are good guys and going hands-on with them can be an issue sometimes. Sometimes they are quite the thugs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,365 Times in 2,371 Posts

First off I want to say I don't know how LEO do it day in and day out in these hell hole cities. LEO should be the heroes that NIKE put in their Ads. Nothing is more noble than risking your lives for others. I watch LIVE PD and there is no way I could do that job now or even when younger.

At first I thought great job when I saw this early this AM. Then after going through the whole video and body cams on youtube I had questions and thoughts on how this will be studied in review.

I will not get into Monday quarterbacking, but I understand why so many LEO act the way they do when they have everyone KEEP their HANDS UP and in FULL view while in their presence.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heartlander For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,008 Times in 633 Posts

He was unknowingly communicating that he had a gun from the second they made contact. We need to get better at teaching officers the clues that something is about to go down.

With that said, there may have been some training on the bad guys part, but more subconscious instinctive behavior. Behavior that can be identified early in the engagement. However I think it was a mix of both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,534 Times in 1,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfScout View Post
Hell yes they practice. I saw a rather chilling video once of gang members being taught how to counter retention holster measures. Of course we were taught if they tried to get your gun once, they would try again and it was time to shoot them.

As an aside, also all these MMA guys I was seeing before I retired. Not all of the ones doing that training are good guys and going hands-on with them can be an issue sometimes. Sometimes they are quite the thugs.
For many of the MMA guys I don't think it's the sport or competition that gets them into it. It's the pure joy of the violence that they feel and the ability to unlease that aggression without consequence. If that reasoning is right then there are probably many that are thugs on the outside of the ring.

Heck even boxers although many heavyweights are pansies that dance around hugging each other they used to fight and try to beat the other guy down. All it takes is someone to be a bit off and they are out doing it in the real world. Tyson was still running with some of the old gang members when he was champion of the world. He was even still beating people asses in elevators and robbing them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Potawami II For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 06:59 AM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 27,985 Times in 7,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ_Grappler View Post
A reminder that the bad guys practice too. If you don't believe me, watch this video, especially the third one from the backup officer's bodycam.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uAvlx_1536593947
Yeah, this was an example of a time when a kill shot is appropriate. The extra round established that he wasn't just going to pop back up and shoot them again. There was no way he was going to be able to safely approach, nor could he take cover and wait for more units while his partner was down right there next to the guy. Best course of action was to make sure the threat was gone so that he could call for assistance, keep his partner from bleeding out, and get the guy properly secured.

I agree he was making it very obvious he had a weapon. There's a reason she was questioning him on it and why they were both watching him very closely. Honestly, I don't know that there was a reliable way to avoid this other than to fall back and treat it as a felony traffic stop. Unfortunately, these days pulling your gun on someone who's got his hands up and converting a normal traffic stop to a felony stop based on a hunch is likely to get you put on leave and investigated putting you in that really crappy damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 09:52 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

Partner definitely had her back. Was she in training? She made a couple mistakes from the get-go. I'm glad she made it out with a minor gunshot wound... and a whole lot of experience.

Love the fact that the partner followed Rule #2

Edit - Looks like he would have gut shot her, but she saw the firearm and was quick enough to push it away at the last second.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:09 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,015 Times in 390 Posts

Watching that I can only think DAMN that was fast, I didn't see it coming but haven't had any LEO training. I will say that had LEO #2 been me I would've put another round into him after coming around the car without even thinking about it.