Guidelines for the Wilderness survival, hiking and camping section - Page 7 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hiking, Camping and Wilderness Survival Items shawn Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 727 11-18-2019 09:04 AM
camping,hiking survival tips AAPEXX Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 2 07-01-2016 09:39 AM
Wilderness Survival Vs. Going Camping plantguy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 52 03-29-2016 11:43 AM
Wilderness Camping/Hiking with a disability Medic73 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 12 02-26-2015 04:59 PM
The Wilderness Survival/Camping/Hiking Gear-Swap Thread! twyggy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 131 01-19-2014 12:25 AM
Wilderness Survival/Hiking/Camping Rules Reminder Potantsuem Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 1 12-27-2012 02:35 PM
Hiking, Camping and Wilderness Winter Survival Items ?? ehg3322 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 12 08-12-2011 01:25 PM
hiking and wilderness survival BSAScouter Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 01-07-2011 12:11 AM

Old 02-10-2016, 12:08 PM

Default I agree

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatebugs View Post
No offense, kev, but when someone plans to bug out to the woods, hiking and camping is exactly what that entails. And maybe the reason you have to keep moving threads is because you're the only one who doesn't understand that.

I realize you don't think bugging out to the woods is feasible for a family. Maybe it's not. But not all of us have a family. Some of us are lonewolfs, and we think we can pull it off. And whether you think we can or not, that's still our plan and that's what we want to discuss.

You keep moving our threads to the urban section, of all places. We're sure as hell not talking about bugging out to the city. So why would you move these threads to there?
I'm a total nut job, partly because I read through these forums just to see a couple
of good nuggets of good input. Then a few who agree and a bunch who argue. My plan is to bug out to a remote location and hide while civilization destroys itself. Follow up on a ham radio and someday crawl down closer to evaluate the situation, and plan from there. I'm not clear of Kevin's intentions in the post. The term "Wilderness Survival" sounds to me like surviving the "Wilderness". Unless he's talking about wondering off aimlessly into the sticks and surviving...something..? Heck IDK
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Woodsman

Thanked 1,659 Times in 642 Posts
Default Guidelines for the Wilderness survival, hiking and camping section

I dunno about all this stuff in this topic but if wilderness survival doesn't include a backpack or hiking or camping id damm sure like to see a section made just for that purpose cuz I been doing it all wrong all these years. Lol. I am a woods dweller. I like "bushcraft" type things but on an old school level. I came here for wilderness type things. Bug out? WTF is that? From what I read I did that years ago. Perhaps the section in question should be renamed "wilderness survival WHILE camping and hiking recreationally"? Just to eliminate confusion because I honestly thought that was the right place to post for woods creatures such as myself. Thanks kev for a decent forum. Some other "bushcrafting" places are so anal,unless of course you make a monetary donation for full access.
The Following User Says Thank You to WestTennWoodsman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2016, 03:37 PM

Default Reply to any of my prior posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
In the past couple of days I have moved around a dozen threads out of this section.

Lets get a few things straight:

Hiking and camping does not include "Bugging Out" or "backpack survival."

Firearms, unless its self defense against a bear attack or wild animal attack.

AK-47s and AR-15s are not recommended for stopping a bear, so please do not post anything about those firearms here.

Hiking, camping and wilderness survival means just that - hiking, camping and wilderness survival.

I am getting tired of moving threads. If this keeps up, when I move a thread, an infraction will be given out.
I now understand what you were trying to avoid. I am trying to learn more about bushcraft, though it's not what you want to hear. I wish to learn more in the way of bushcraft, in order to sustain myself in a bug out scenario. Thanks for hosting a fine forum.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:46 PM

Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTennWoodsman View Post
I dunno about all this stuff in this topic but if wilderness survival doesn't include a backpack or hiking or camping id damm sure like to see a section made just for that purpose cuz I been doing it all wrong all these years. Lol. I am a woods dweller. I like "bushcraft" type things but on an old school level. I came here for wilderness type things. Bug out? WTF is that? From what I read I did that years ago. Perhaps the section in question should be renamed "wilderness survival WHILE camping and hiking recreationally"? Just to eliminate confusion because I honestly thought that was the right place to post for woods creatures such as myself. Thanks kev for a decent forum. Some other "bushcrafting" places are so anal,unless of course you make a monetary donation for full access.
I am here myself to learn more in the way of the bushcraft of our forefathers for the reason of detachment from dependence of our current government. Not that I don't want to support our government, I just want to become more self reliant and break free from the government teet.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:57 AM

Probably the best prepping for a SHTF escape are 7-10 day, off (popular) trail hikes. You have only what you can carry on your back, cover a lot of ground, and must survive a variety of situations.

The loops around Mt Rainier, the Olympic National Forest, the Appalachia Trail, and such can be full of suprises.

I went off-trail deep in Yellowstone back before you could legally carry in National Parks. I should have had a gun; a few situations would have been easier with a gun available.

I always have a gun now everywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Griz326 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 AM
This is a great survival forum

categorization is good. one should be careful.