I Got a Stupid Prepaid Debit Card as My Stimulus Payment - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 05-29-2020, 07:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,611 Times in 1,294 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
. Actually, NO! We need to support a third party that will balance the budget and work to bring the national debt down.
There is no third party that can bring the debt down without getting rid of Congress and the Senate.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rriley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:29 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,608 Times in 623 Posts

You got $2400 free money. Quit complaining, If all I had to do was go to Walmart to get money and take it to my bank to get a free $2400 I dont think I would mine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sanderhawk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:59 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,825 Times in 4,151 Posts

Better than nothing.
If me and Mrs Goodwrench had made another 1000 last year..... we would have been out of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 09:15 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,825 Times in 4,151 Posts

Itís 2400 dollars..... I donít see the problem. You got it right
The Following User Says Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 09:36 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,033 Times in 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoka-hey View Post
Still embarrassed about getting my check....feel like a Democrat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoLimaDelta View Post
Yes, you are right. I think the national debt is out of control and as a nation we do not have the self discipline or the will that it will take to correct the problem so we might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.
I agree about the national debt, most politicians have not really cared about the debt since the Clinton years. It used to be one of my biggest issues along with the 2nd. It use to be that Republicans were somewhat fiscally responsible but that ship sailed during the Bush years. I hate to admit it but I have given up on politicians being responsible. In my perfect world they would have been responsible over the last 20 years and had a surplus for emergencies instead of borrowing money. Instead we started off the corana virus 20 trillion in debt which is honestly a number I can’t really even comprehend.

On the whole I do not feel guilty or embarrassed though, I look at it as getting a little bit of the hundreds of thousands I have paid in various forms of taxes over the last 30 years. It’s basically getting a little of my money back instead of it going to others. That is not something I will apologize for.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:42 AM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Thanked 4,191 Times in 2,208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick Industries View Post
Just returned from the post office and the bank, and I'm still ****ing ****ed Off. Been waiting for the US Treasury to cough up my $2400 stimulus check, so I could pay bills. The biggest bill is right back to the IRS for last yrs taxes.

So I get this letter from the Money Network Cardholders aka The US Treasury Dept, with a stupid prepayed Visa debit card in it, marked Economic Impact Payment Card. Call the number, enter a PIN of my choice, and yes its my $2400.

But there is a catch. My bank is not set up to handle a EIPCard. So I can not transfer the ballance into my checking account. Small town and the only place that will accept a EIPCard is the Walmart Financial Center.

This makes a lot of ****ing sense, I ended up pulling $2400 in cash (minus the $12 of fees), just so I could drive back to the bank and deposit the cash, then write another ****ing check back to the IRS.

Thanks a lot you dirty, rotten, sheepherding, bastards.
My Mom passed away this year. She lived in another town. I handle her taxes so the IRS uses my address. She also used a different name than the IRS has as her birth name.

So an envelope arrived, nothing on it to let on that it is from IRS. I feel a credit card inside and figure it is just another pre approved credit card. I go to dispose it in the shredder and notice the name. So here is a debit card with probably 1200 bucks on it.

Probably Jared is getting a kickback for this deal.

Do I cut it up? If I do this will the US treasury get the money back or will it slosh around in some Jared - Munuchin slush fund? Do I dare cash it and send a check back to the treasury? Who pays the fee?

I called my accountant she had no idea.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2020, 03:37 AM
Prepared

My dad gets social security retirement and he hasn't received his check either. When he used the get my payment tool it gives him an error message. Since he receives social security retirement the IRS site says that he should get the check automatically since the SSR check is direct deposited.
If you got the check or card or whatever consider yourself lucky.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clingmansdome For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 08:16 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,573 Times in 727 Posts

Step 1. Have no direct deposit account on record with IRS.

Step 2. Live in podunk small town with less services available than 99.99% of the U.S.

Step 3. Complain about the medium that the .gov sends their drop in the bucket, sheep appeasement payment.

Step 4. ???
Old 05-30-2020, 08:21 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,573 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
It used to be one of my biggest issues along with the 2nd. It use to be that Republicans were somewhat fiscally responsible but that ship sailed during the Reagan years.
I think maybe for the first couple years of my life, Republicans were almost fiscally responsible, but if you look at the data, they've talked the talk but haven't walked the walk for the past 40+ years. They've done such a bad job at it that the Democrats can point to having a better track record in regards to deficit spending and people buy it up.

The Republicans of today are more left leaning than the Democrats of the 90s and even early 00s. The GOP is a sham and partisan politics and next to no public virtue/morality are what is wrong with this nation. It's too bad that 3rd parties like the Libertarian party are jokes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilwhitey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 08:22 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,058 Times in 10,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderhawk View Post
You got $2400 free money. Quit complaining, If all I had to do was go to Walmart to get money and take it to my bank to get a free $2400 I dont think it I would mine.
Doesn't Walmart charge to cash a check?
Old 05-30-2020, 08:23 AM
Texas chooses people.

Thanked 2,306 Times in 1,055 Posts

Quote:

You're absolutely right!

You should just send it back to them.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:37 AM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,433 Times in 4,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoka-hey View Post
Still embarrassed about getting my check....feel like a Democrat
The only reason everyone got a check was because it's an election year. The money should have only gone to people out of work specifically due to coronavirus lockdowns.

If you are working, your income didn't change.

If you are on welfare, you income didn't change.

If you are on Social Security, your income didn't change.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 08:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,058 Times in 10,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
The only reason everyone got a check was because it's an election year. The money should have only gone to people out of work specifically due to coronavirus lockdowns.

Absolutely!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 09:29 AM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 24,209 Times in 8,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but you are incorrect about those who are working and their income not changing. Restaurant owners and those who work at them are one example.

"A terrorist is only as strong as the fear he creates."

"Things you own end up owning you"
- Tyler Durden
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawk55732 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 09:31 AM
Prepared

Thanked 1,279 Times in 310 Posts

Quote:
Just returned from the post office and the bank, and I'm still ****ing ****ed Off. Been waiting for the US Treasury to cough up my $2400 stimulus check, so I could pay bills. The biggest bill is right back to the IRS for last yrs taxes.

So I get this letter from the Money Network Cardholders aka The US Treasury Dept, with a stupid prepayed Visa debit card in it, marked Economic Impact Payment Card. Call the number, enter a PIN of my choice, and yes its my $2400.

But there is a catch. My bank is not set up to handle a EIPCard. So I can not transfer the ballance into my checking account. Small town and the only place that will accept a EIPCard is the Walmart Financial Center.

This makes a lot of ****ing sense, I ended up pulling $2400 in cash (minus the $12 of fees), just so I could drive back to the bank and deposit the cash, then write another ****ing check back to the IRS.

How petty.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:16 AM
Survivor

Location: Outside the Moderate Damage Radius, over the mountain and far away.
Thanked 5,778 Times in 1,947 Posts

I got a check, but only $235 because my investments made too much money before the stock market tanked. I spent it on a couple really good bottles of scotch to drink when the world really goes to pot. Added to my preps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Outpost75 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 03:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,871 Times in 1,821 Posts

My concern, aside from printing money with no apparent plan
to pay for it, is lack of finesse in figuring out who should get it.

My cash flow is unchanged but I got a check.

My 20-something daughter, who really was a dependent in 2018
because she was in college, got nothing so far; and no job either.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:32 AM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 22,373 Times in 6,453 Posts

I launder those kind of cards with pay pal.

You add the card to one account, not linked to your bank.

Then you use it as payment for a 'friends and family' payment to the one that is linked to your bank, and then transfer it into the bank from there.

Quote:
Yes....so you wouldn't spend more....so it wouldn't stimulate anything.

The idea was to give people who lost income some money to survive on, and people who didn't extra money to spend, hopefully at the places that lost income.

Thats the idea. It a bad one...but that was the intention.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 08:57 AM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,393 Times in 7,710 Posts

Quote:
I worked for the US Navy for 32 yrs, so now I get my federal pension direct deposited to that same bank.
I had assumed that my bank could transfer the ballance, just like the prior person did.

Time to rope me a bottle of tequila and ride boldly ride.
I'm getting Social Security, direct deposited to my bank. So I thought the IRS would send the w̶e̶l̶f̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ I mean, stimulus payment to my bank account, as well. Nope, I got a check. And digging into it, I see that because of the speed with which this was set up, for security reasons there was no transfer of information between the various agencies. SSA, pension funds, military, nope, they kept the account numbers they had for you secret. So unless the IRS had your bank information on hand, you got a check or card.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 09:13 AM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,393 Times in 7,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready?mom View Post
There is no rhyme or reason for how this is working/not working. Iíve been on social security for a number of years so according to the IRS website I should have had a deposit by the beginning of May. I have friends and family in most income levels and every one of them has received a deposit or a check, except for us. The Get My Payment site does not work for us. It just says that our status is unavailable. Iíve given up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clingmansdome View Post
My dad gets social security retirement and he hasn't received his check either. When he used the get my payment tool it gives him an error message. Since he receives social security retirement the IRS site says that he should get the check automatically since the SSR check is direct deposited.
If you got the check or card or whatever consider yourself lucky.
This is where you call your Congressperson. Congresscritters are worthless for most things, unless it involves taking bribes disguised as campaign contributions; but one thing they WILL do is harass the IRS for you. They'll assign some intern to call the IRS every hour until they get answers. Sic your elected representative on the problem and get some value from them for once.