DDCCBBourone "The Sssoldier/s Son" CONTINUING THREAD: - Page 35 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What rifle is this? AMC's new program "The Son"... OverUnder27 Firearms General Discussion 12 01-05-2017 08:03 AM
What rifle is this? AMC's new program "The Son"... OverUnder27 Firearms General Discussion 4 01-05-2017 07:58 AM

Old 08-20-2019, 12:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,968 Times in 2,921 Posts
Talking

Advertise Here

He's baaaack!

tort -----
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,416 Times in 363 Posts

Good to see you back DC. Hope that you are recovering from your losses, you will be in my prayers.

Ken
w3kmp
Oath Keeper

[
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w3kmp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 09:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,426 Times in 2,025 Posts

Missed You DC! Hate the major suckage happening, sorry for the loss.

“you need to move out here. I work much cheaper”, tedlovesjeeps71 ; 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so spelling is probably horrible.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to htfiremedic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 02:25 AM
MAGA

Thanked 15,141 Times in 4,399 Posts

Sorry for the losses DC.
Good to hear you you though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harbinger1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 10:53 AM

My condolences on your loss and subsequent situation - as much as it's been anticipated the book can wait...

be safe

blake
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blake g49 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Hail to the King, Baby

Thanked 3,547 Times in 959 Posts

I am sorry doesn't begin to cut it, I have parents that are not well, and the thought of what you are going through keeps me up some nights.

It is awful what some people will do for "things".

If there is ANY way I can be of assistance, even as just a friendly ear, I Have sent you my number via PM and will help if I can.

Forgive the purely selfish note, but I am so glad to see you back. I had begun to fear the worst, glad I was wrong.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Bazinga!

Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,087 Posts

Good to see your ok - sorry about your parents.

Keep your chin up, you'll get thru this...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad-max For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 9,996 Times in 468 Posts
Default General notes

Going back a page or two:

--mtnair, anger--see below

--InternalC please check IM/s--some useful data there.

--Lonereb, understood, and hopefully some useful explanations below--on hiding
DCBourone etc.--yes the changed TOS actually gave full legal authority to anyone who owns/OR BUYS IN THE FUTURE any data of any kind posted here, hypothetically including my PUBLISHING NAME/TITLES/and etc. Distorting name/title seems an obvious hide/ploy/device. Actual chance of mischief? Vanishingly small. Actual chance I will be accosted in public by a murdering thug? Vanishingly small. But I am everywhere exceedingly well armed. As a matter of principle.

--tort--yes you understood long ago and no end of thanks. See IM.

--InternalC understood and continued--

--Disgruntled, good to see you and I hope to resume past habits. It will be difficult. But I am not "dead" or gone--just....never was a writer, and hardly one now.

--harbinger understood and continuing--

--tort we are full squared and likewise and thank you and, you know...continuing!!!

--anger--The Big River is in so deep, and ---------- us/you/me/the world so hard my nose bleeds thinking about it. Yes, did not "help" this process. At all. I will...um....just endeavor to persevere. That ----------bag.

--bringer/htfire--and that gets to my post--
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 02:45 PM
Target Shooter

Default Continuing--

--tort/W3/all:

PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCE:

--there are some
lessons for all, however tawdry, cliched, and corrosive--I will just say here that extremely
talented people can also be self-absorbed, mismanage estate, will, and other considerations,
and incorporate at a late age, extremely unpleasant people on the periphery of otherwise
stable arrangements.

--this too shall pass, and in fact is very much a first world problem. No native
woman, let's say, has had her pelvis crushed, and is propped with an ancient Evian bottle
full of muddy water on a straw mat on the side of a gravel track marked with surveyor's flags,
on the distant hope that some family relation, or Christian ethicist with a spare minute, or two, (there are none within 200
kilometres) will come to her assistance. Usually, she dies. Badly.

--family/tribe/social: one of the most horrible, and morbidly charming, aspects of real
collapse (if one is inclined to study such things) is the spasm of vindictiveness unleashed in feuds, vendettas, and outright combat founded
in generations of suppressed outrage. See Bloody Kansas. I think lawyers might find themselves first
on the list for tossed torches, etc. Rightly, or not.

--my immediate family is, in the aggregate, sane and well-intentioned. The problems, profound,
are all on the periphery, but have legal status. I suspect there will be no contact whatsoever if/when this is
all resolved.

--this will not go on forever. I tend to get a little chilly in these circumstances,
other family members not so much. They are the ones who are "suffering." Very unpleasant to experience.

THE BOOK: if there is any real poisonous enduring sensation here it is my feeling of non-performance. I know
my reasons, and they are "sound" but also in a way, not relevant. I have one friend and my SO with copies of the last iteration--the last three pages, perhaps 1500 words? Marked by dots/dashes/notes/arcana.
Not publishable. There is one advantage to this present circumstance, it actually forces me to stay immobile
and looking at a screen. I'm physical, remember? So I am going to try something new. I can usually only
compose/edit etc. in complete isolation--by that I mean any loved person, and I have one here, must be absent--
business trip, family, etc.--no phone, no internet, no old friends nagging me about foreign affairs or a pressing
visit. That is probably no longer ever possible. So I am going to keep the file open, and chip away at those
last three pages. I have never done that before. My SO is a computer whiz, actual job description is "software
integration engineer and design" and has created a website which is, in fact, a product in and of itself. When I say
"done" she can launch in a day or so, and I can publish. I will try to arrange with someone we all know well and trust here a kind of fail-safe: they will receive the file before I publish, and account for it is an actual fact. No one is more disgusted by this than I am. And Oh poor me? Ew.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 06:59 AM
exitus acta probat

Thanked 1,311 Times in 293 Posts

Dang, DC. Sounds like we’re getting the band back together. Outstanding, sir.

Now if Den Mother would just chime in, life would be reasonably tolerable again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to InternalCombustion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,968 Times in 2,921 Posts
Thumbs up The game is afoot Watson!

I spent a little over 90 minutes with D.C. on the phone this afternoon and he has said I could share with the group.

I know that hopes have been dashed more than once regarding the Soldier's Son and many, (myself included), questioned if it would ever be published.

I have in my possession a .pdf file of the story sent by D.C. It is 98% complete, (there are currently two chapters in rough outline/note form). D.C. has been struggling with this, by his own account, for the past two years. He has asked me to read through the manuscript and make notes. He has asked me to call him on a regular basis and keep pressuring him to finish. He has requested that I put together footnotes on the story based on my comments in the original thread, (I have much of that original thread archived).

The thinking behind this is that he needs some motivational pressure to complete this project since he is not, by nature, a writer. I guess I have been designated as the official pain in the ass to get him moving again.

There are two others who also have copies of the manuscript to insure that the project does not die.

I suspect, based on our conversation, that D.C. will pop in from time to time but not often until the project goes to publication. It would be foolish to project a publication date but the thinking is before the end of 2019.

NOTE: 2MW, if you read this, D.C. would like to hear from you.

Keep the faith. There IS a book.

---tort--
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 12:28 AM
Hail to the King, Baby

I left 2Med a message a couple of days ago, will try to reach her again in the morning.

By the way.........

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

I ****IN KNEW IT!!!

Alright, back to being in my 40's again (dammit).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 12:36 AM
exitus acta probat

Thanked 1,311 Times in 293 Posts

I was also able to ascertain that DC is alive, well, and most definitely focused on publishing. Friday afternoon I had a connecting flight into DC’s city of current residence, and delayed my return home to have a visit. I met his lovely (another word would be “stunning”) and quite charming SO.

Many thoughts shared but foremost was “I. Will. Publish.” No timeline promised but Tort’s estimate is I think accurate and safe.

Peace and Courage, all.

PS: Den Mother, please write a quick note, call one of us, pop a flare, anything to let us know you are ok. Your Den misses you something awful.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InternalCombustion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 08:49 AM
Target Shooter

Default General notes:

--Tort much thanks and GENERAL NOTE: to one and all I will disagree with tort on some details .re timing insofar as: if there is/would ever be time for me to process/incorporate anyone's notes I would, once again, be very tardy in publishing--I spend months moving comma/s about, changing fonts, manipulating margins, etc., for effects/affects that likely only have meaning...to me. Enough already.

--I will have a note, or will have published, within one week: concerning a dead man's trigger for my SO who is a magician in all things digital: to the continuing point that as the pressure mounts I could hack together the last 1500 words, give her permission to publish, publish, and then "correct" document on The Big River as I assessed the horror of actually "printing" an inferior/damaged product. My guess is the correction/s would take...oh, 24 hours. (The Big River includes a mechanism for e-books whereby corrections of a text result in notification of same to buyer/owners)--any/everyone would receive notice of corrected text promptly....Now THAT would be pressure.

--DisgruntledP much thanks and yes 2Med must/will be found. Tort has been on this for some time, and reassured me that she is well, and communication impairment might be a matter of logistics/geography.

--ICombustion, total blast to see you and yes. The L. is pretty awesome. And...I have about oh 100 lbs of ancient pulled wc852 to burn....30-06 to .375 Weatherby....I believe you said something about jillions of square miles of BLM land nearby....?

GENERAL NOTE: as far as I know I have cleared the deck today--many hours to sweat the last few yards of this marathon.

DCB
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 09:16 PM
Homesteader

Thanked 6,025 Times in 2,680 Posts

Well I'll be darned, he's back. Great to hear you say IT will be published.

DC, I'm sorry to hear of your current troubles and offer both my condolences and help. Seriously, I'm the world's best proof reader if that would help in any way but I know you already have some available.

Good to see you back (and please stay).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtnairkin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 10:04 PM

DC, so sorry to hear of the heartbreak you are enduring whilst dealing with vultures.
You have my deepest condolences and empathy. I am glad to hear that you are well, and the story is not lost. at your service if needed...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angerhater For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 01:26 AM
Hail to the King, Baby

Actually talking to 2Med right now, she is doing well, watching the Duke on grit TV. Been having trouble with the internet. Had a helluva storm, apples all over the ground, but she said for everyone not to worry, she is doing ok, says HI to everyone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 12:37 PM
Mitakuye Oyasin!

Thanked 2,263 Times in 598 Posts

Grrr. I detest making replies with phones. Press one thing wrong, go to correct it and poof you're dropped of this site. Anyway I am well. They have found I have heart A-fib.It is not advanced & pretty easy to treat. The man I am engaged to had some very serious health issues. Consequently he has physical & psychological injuries. He requires my time for his care.

I am honored that many of you care about my well being. It is humbling.

So great to see DC is back. I will being talking to him soon. Thank you all for your ability to be concerned for DC and me.

Blessings to all.
2medicinewoman
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2medicine woman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 01:24 PM
Hail to the King, Baby

We luv ya, 2Med. As well we should.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 09:16 PM
Bazinga!

Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,087 Posts

So good to hear from you 2MW!!!!

Be safe and take care of yourself (and Mr 2MW)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad-max For This Useful Post: