DDCCBBourone "The Sssoldier/s Son" CONTINUING THREAD: - Page 34 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What rifle is this? AMC's new program "The Son"... OverUnder27 Firearms General Discussion 12 01-05-2017 08:03 AM
What rifle is this? AMC's new program "The Son"... OverUnder27 Firearms General Discussion 4 01-05-2017 07:58 AM

Old 06-16-2019, 09:16 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,968 Times in 2,921 Posts

Advertise Here

Maybe he's been busy, (bein' "Q" and all...)
---tort--
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Survivor

Exclamation Preface to the novel in progress

Preface
Bioterrorism dates back to 1340 or so, when diseased horse corpses were catapulted over castle walls in France. Human bodies infected with plague were also used as ammunition in central Europe during the 14th and 15th century.

In 1763, a British army general ordered the blankets used on smallpox patients to be sent to American Indian tribes. British Revolutionary war troops would also infect themselves with traces of smallpox, rendering themselves immune, in hopes of passing the disease along to the enemy. During World War I, Germans infected livestock headed for the Allies with anthrax. Even though the attack proved unsuccessful, it led to the creation of the Geneva protocol in 1925. This prohibited the use of biological and chemical agents during wartime, while allowing research and development of these agents to continue.

During World War II British and German armies had small biological warfare programs, but the Japanese had a full and robust program in the years that preceded World War II. Hundreds of thousands of Chinese civilians were killed by biological means at the hands of the Japanese army. One of these attacks included dropping paper bags containing plague infested fleas from low flying airplanes.
Smallpox has been used for millennia to wipe out whole continents. People don’t know the history of smallpox anymore, but it is THE most lethal of all bioterror’s used throughout history. It is effective in decimating and exterminating entire countries and peoples, and entire continents.

But you might ask, hasn’t smallpox been eradicated?
Routine vaccination of the American public against smallpox stopped in 1972 after the disease was declared eradicated in the United States. There is no herd immunity anymore.
"Variola Major" unleashed in the general community would lead to a great culling of the population for which only massive quarantines, around the clock curfews and massive inoculation around disease clusters could stop the spread. Just a reminder the spores are spread airborne from coughing.
Smallpox is the deadliest disease in history, that’s not hyperbole but FACT.
And remember the Dryvax smallpox vaccine in US Center for Disease Control stockpiles has been destroyed. Taking its place is ACAM 2000-an untested synthesized version of one of the cell lines used in the original Dryvax vaccine.

This might sound like a bad apocalyptic “made-for-TV” movie… A plot to destroy our country, and it seems that the deep state politicians are all in on that plot.

The following story is fiction, but fiction based on fact. Our government, or any other number of sovereign state players could unleash anything they wanted on the earth’s population. Our political leaders, institutions of higher learning and multinational corporations have created an environment that is totally conducive to such an action… Heads-up folks, it’s coming. The question is not if, but when.

---tort--
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2019, 08:40 AM
Homesteader

Thanked 6,025 Times in 2,680 Posts

Another 'bump' to keep the thread visible.

C'mon DC. You're letting us down.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtnairkin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 09:39 PM

what will it take to get a copy of this for my father before he is gone...I have been waiting years, sadly he may not have a year left...…

Please DC???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angerhater For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 12:39 AM
exitus acta probat

Thanked 1,311 Times in 293 Posts

Maybe a year ago someone told me he surfaced in an arfcom thread, can’t remember the thread. I went over and yep he was there. I think he got seriously annoyed about the change in IP policy here at SB (as were many). Still, he left a bucket load of good people hanging here.

Bad karma.

I’ve come to an opinion that DC is two things: a Genius storyteller, and something else. The Something Else is starting to look ugly to me, and it saddens me to say that.

DC doesn’t owe his friends here anything. We just fell in love with his story and gave him countless encouragement and feedback. What are friends for, right?

So, short of an early Christmas miracle, here we are. The upside is that some good seeds got planted with that story, IMHO. Maybe they can be watered, the plants pruned judiciously where appropriate, and the fruit harvested when ready.

Until then, Peace and Courage, all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InternalCombustion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 10:17 AM
just surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalCombustion View Post
I think he got seriously annoyed about the change in IP policy here at SB (as were many). Still, he left a bucket load of good people hanging here.

Bad karma.
By IP I'm guessing you mean Internet Publishing? Anyway, there was no need for that to affect letting us know here when the book is available on Amazon. Creating this thread and not following up was indeed bad behavior. I might have bought it when the story was still fresh in my mind. Now, I don't care.

Quote:
The Something Else is starting to look ugly to me, and it saddens me to say that.
Yea, I always got the impression something was a little bit off. No need to misspell the author and title in a discussion thread unless you're trying to hide it.

Quote:
The upside is that some good seeds got planted with that story, IMHO. Maybe they can be watered...
I don't see any evidence that the real moral was taken to heart by the folks here. That was what this thread should have been for, not just jibber jabber.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lonereb For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Survivor

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalCombustion View Post
Maybe a year ago someone told me he surfaced in an arfcom thread, can’t remember the thread. I went over and yep he was there. I think he got seriously annoyed about the change in IP policy here at SB (as were many). Still, he left a bucket load of good people hanging here.

Bad karma.

I’ve come to an opinion that DC is two things: a Genius storyteller, and something else. The Something Else is starting to look ugly to me, and it saddens me to say that.

DC doesn’t owe his friends here anything. We just fell in love with his story and gave him countless encouragement and feedback. What are friends for, right?

So, short of an early Christmas miracle, here we are. The upside is that some good seeds got planted with that story, IMHO. Maybe they can be watered, the plants pruned judiciously where appropriate, and the fruit harvested when ready.

Until then, Peace and Courage, all.
I would suggest a few things;
1) DC never made any secret about the fact that he was writing under an assumed, (false), name. Whatever his reasons, they were HIS reasons.

2) What DC gave us was a gift... actually a couple of gifts. The first gift was the story itself. It was as well written a tale as any I have seen in the genre of Post Apocalyptic Fiction. Based on some conversations I had with him, he has some professional background.

The second gift was this community, which for a period of about three years or so was kept alive by a hard-core of followers. (Anybody that knows folks like us would have to agree that getting that many to continue in the same direction for that long was a feat of great skill and a mastery of NLP by remote control... equivalent to successfully herding cats!)

On a personal note, he motivated me to begin writing and I have three books currently published with a second novel about 2/3 complete, (writing doesn't come naturally to me. I'm more of a researcher). I am thankful to him for that motivation.

It is most likely that we will not see DC on this forum again, and that is a shame and a loss in my opinion. But, whether he comes back or not, we all owe him a hearty "thank you" for bringing us together and keeping us entertained for so long.

I have met a number of fantastic people on this thread and some have kept in touch through my blog, on the phone and by email. I appreciate them most, but I am grateful for meeting all of you here on the interwebs.

---tort--

Wake of Vultures Paperback
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1719529817
Wake of Vultures Kindle
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HPF7MF9

A Republic - Paperback
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1717513069
A Republic - Kindle
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HS2666R
YouTube trailer-A Republic https://youtu.be/oe5_lyZrN_Y

Zen and the Art of Cat Maintenance - Paperback
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1795608153
Zen and the Art of Cat Maintenance - Kindle
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NV3NS3Q
Video trailer - https://youtu.be/ckdR2dvLetY

Amazon authors page
http://amazon.com/author/ozark_author

Blog: https://patsanswersblog.wordpress.com/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2019, 12:44 AM
exitus acta probat

@LoneReb, by IP, I was referring to Intellectual Property. In this case, SB had shifted their policy on IP, and that was the beginning of the end of DC’s publishing here. I have no problem with that, respect it in fact.. I just wish to Berkeley that he would publish it commercially so we could get it. And regarding “seeds”? I would suggest that many here (current and former) took much to heart and head, then and now. My two cents.

@Tort, buddy I think you know me well enough to know I generally respect people more than not. As a Literary Artist, I hold massive respect for DC. At the same time I’ve spent more than a little time thinking through scenarios that might have caused DC to radically shift direction. Some scenarios would be considered extreme by many. To have put that much energy into TSS, then, by all indications, dump it? It would appear to have taken a quite extreme scenario, IMHO. And maybe that extreme scenario happened, who knows. Bottom line for me? To have this many people cheering you on, breathless for the next chapter, then... nothing?!

I’m grateful for his work. But I’m done making excuses for his actions.

Peace.
The Following User Says Thank You to InternalCombustion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2019, 12:54 AM
exitus acta probat

PS

Tort, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention to those here not familiar: your blog is the ONLY blog out there that I regularly read. For those not familiar, it varies between quite good and superb.

Bravo, Sir
The Following User Says Thank You to InternalCombustion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2019, 06:17 PM
Hail to the King, Baby

Thanked 3,547 Times in 959 Posts

If he is still watching, DC, I would love to know that at least you are well. I know that some of us communicate off-board, just letting us know you aren't forgotten.

In the original thread, DC responded to EVERY post.

Every. Single. One.

To think that he has just decided to be a jerk for no reason is shameful.

Also, we miss you, Den Mother.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 02:02 AM
MAGA

Thanked 15,141 Times in 4,399 Posts

He ain't been on since October of last year. Don't think the book panned out. Be nice to know how he is at least.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harbinger1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 04:12 PM
Survivor

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledPatriot View Post
If he is still watching, DC, I would love to know that at least you are well. I know that some of us communicate off-board, just letting us know you aren't forgotten.

In the original thread, DC responded to EVERY post.

Every. Single. One.

To think that he has just decided to be a jerk for no reason is shameful.

Also, we miss you, Den Mother.
I had a phone number for DC when he was living in Texas. He and his significant other moved north, (possibly Colorado or Oregon not sure), and I spoke to him once early this year. He has not responded since then.

Den mother has found love with an Arkansas farmer and, the last time I spoke to her by phone she still did not have internet. She seemed happy when we spoke.

Sometimes life gets in the way, (along with hormones). I found both to be righteous people and wish them the best.

---tort--
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 09:32 PM

such a shame that amazon process ruined it....I would still pay him for a pdf of it and give him all the money.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angerhater For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 12:39 AM
exitus acta probat

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerhater View Post
such a shame that amazon process ruined it....I would still pay him for a pdf of it and give him all the money.
Yep. Same here. Same with most if not all here, my estimate.

“...such a shame...” x2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InternalCombustion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerhater View Post
I'm on board with this as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bringerofgame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2019, 06:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,426 Times in 2,025 Posts

Amen to that

“you need to move out here. I work much cheaper”, tedlovesjeeps71 ; 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so spelling is probably horrible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htfiremedic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 10:18 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 9,996 Times in 468 Posts
Default Ummmm--aggravated???

DC--here obv.--

I am vastly more disgusted/appalled/acid in the eye irritated than anyone here could possibly be--

Watching the most demanding investment of time/energy/thought, and implied promise of performance
to people who would now qualify as authentic friends, dissipate unwind fade...

Massive....suckage.

So, repeating notes, and one new data point:

1. I am not in any way shape or form, a writer. Basically I am physical. Interpret as you will. But this is
a....big big issue.

2. In the course of writing/managing this...phenomena? Both parents have died. Very very badly.
With every possible complication: legal, medical, physical. Other family members have born the
vast majority of this burden--but the hits keep coming. Including one, BLANKETY BLANK you not, that started
three weeks ago. Just....unreal. Unwinding the latest "complication" would reasonably be a full
time job for an estate lawyer, complete with vicious litigation, for oh....a year? Vomitous.

It might interest all to know, in the profile of this non-writer? That the primary object/s of this
contest would not be "money"--but..."artifacts." Yep. Imagine, let's say, the fury of some of the
participants?

So...more later/soon--gonna talk to more legal tomorrow....
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 07:11 AM
exitus acta probat

Truly sorry for your loss. Truly. And for the added vagaries that threaten.

Peace and Courage.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to InternalCombustion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCBourone View Post
DC--here obv.--

I am vastly more disgusted/appalled/acid in the eye irritated than anyone here could possibly be--

Watching the most demanding investment of time/energy/thought, and implied promise of performance

to people who would now qualify as authentic friends, dissipate unwind fade...

Massive....suckage.

So, repeating notes, and one new data point:

1. I am not in any way shape or form, a writer. Basically I am physical. Interpret as you will. But this is

a....big big issue.

2. In the course of writing/managing this...phenomena? Both parents have died. Very very badly.

With every possible complication: legal, medical, physical. Other family members have born the

vast majority of this burden--but the hits keep coming. Including one, BLANKETY BLANK you not, that started

three weeks ago. Just....unreal. Unwinding the latest "complication" would reasonably be a full

time job for an estate lawyer, complete with vicious litigation, for oh....a year? Vomitous.

It might interest all to know, in the profile of this non-writer? That the primary object/s of this

contest would not be "money"--but..."artifacts." Yep. Imagine, let's say, the fury of some of the

participants?

So...more later/soon--gonna talk to more legal tomorrow....
First off, truly sorry for your loss. Gut wrenching time without a doubt.

Second, I have been executor and seen first hand how vicious people become. Do they not realize what's really important? Remembering for the person they made you is vastly more important than artifacts.

Third and final, glad to hear from you. There has obviously been concern about your well being, in the original thread a number grew close. Some closer than others, but alas, a friend is a friend, a close one a rare gem.

Look forward to hearing more from you, whether it pertains to TSS or not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bringerofgame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 11:16 AM
just surviving

Quote:
So...more later/soon--
I hope so because I'm not sure I can decipher "artifacts" and "fury of some participants". Artifacts means preps, big time like in the story I assume, but are these particpants the readers here or the crazy ones making the news or what?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lonereb For This Useful Post: