Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-07-2019, 06:09 AM
59840 - could fix a lot

Thanked 11,414 Times in 3,080 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
I only own one Glock and it isn't a 9 mike mike. Don't care for the round, unless a submachine gun falls into my hands.

Give me a man's caliber.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

9 mike mike?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wtr100 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 06:10 AM

If you don’t like the ergonomics, don’t buy it just because it’s affordable. You’ll probably never shoot it. Set the $375 aside and put it towards the HK you actually want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dread11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 07:52 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread11 View Post
If you donít like the ergonomics, donít buy it just because itís affordable. Youíll probably never shoot it. Set the $375 aside and put it towards the HK you actually want.
I disagree... ergos will grow on you but absence of spare parts and over priced magazines never will.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marlin94 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2019, 08:11 AM
59840 - could fix a lot

Thanked 11,414 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
If you donít like the ergonomics, donít buy it just because itís affordable. Youíll probably never shoot it. Set the $375 aside and put it towards the HK you actually want.
anyone who 'doesn't like the ergonomics' with exceptions for those with really wield physiology - we're talking space alien here - it's because they've decided to not like it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wtr100 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 08:51 AM

I had a Glock 43 for about 2 years. IMO at the time I thought it was the perfect CCW pistol for me. Bought some mag extensions for it and I was happy. Then I held a Sig P365 with a 12 round magazine. I did my research on the P365 and then bought one back in January. I haven't regreted it since.

With the above said I still have 2 G19's. One is a Gen 3 and the other is a Gen 5. For the longest time (years) I had always wished Glock would have made a thinner G19 that was at least 10 round capacity. Now that the G48 is out I have no desire for one. I think I have lost all interest in Glock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mil spec For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Hiker

I have a G43. My wife has a G43 and a P365. She carries the P365 due to relatively the same size and increased mag capacity. I have shot the P365 and I must say I love it. I do work in a gun store and if another P365 comes in used, I will be buying it.

As for the $375 price for the G43 you are asking about, that is a little pricey... at least for my area. $300-350 is what we sell them for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sigma40 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 10:50 AM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,046 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtr100 View Post
9 mike mike?
Just having some fun.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,623 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin94 View Post
I disagree... ergos will grow on you but absence of spare parts and over priced magazines never will.

This is why I'm leaning back more towards glocks in general. There are a few guns I like far more than my glocks, but I'm already invested in them, and the aftermarket support can't be beat.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Belnik For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 04:21 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
If you don’t like the ergonomics, don’t buy it just because it’s affordable. You’ll probably never shoot it. Set the $375 aside and put it towards the HK you actually want.
Remember pocket pistols aren’t that fun to shoot no matter what you buy. I put 100 rounds through my walther pps and I was like “ ok I’m done “.

Yes you should train with it a little. But the odds are if you are using a pocket pistol it’s at arms length distance and the manual of arms on most striker fired semis is the same.

My single stack 9s are to conceal and carry when I might not otherwise carry. For fun I’ll shoot one of my larger handguns or a rifle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 04:22 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belnik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin94 View Post

This is why I'm leaning back more towards glocks in general. There are a few guns I like far more than my glocks, but I'm already invested in them, and the aftermarket support can't be beat.
The new mossberg single stack 9 uses Glock 43 mags and is less money than the shield.

Also it has a flat trigger , forward serrations and a really good take down system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Bear Fighter

Location: North of the 45th Parallel, West of the 115th Meridian
Thanked 1,500 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtr100 View Post
9 mike mike?
That's how you know he's an operator.

Skip the 43. Get the 43X. Mag compatibility be damned.
The Following User Says Thank You to Area Man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Bunker Hill Patriot

Thanked 11,313 Times in 4,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
That's how you know he's an operator.

Skip the 43. Get the 43X. Mag compatibility be damned.
I agree about mag compatibility.
While it's nice to have guns share magazines my 1911's don't share magazines with my Ruger SR9C and the Ruger doesn't share mags with either my Glock .45's or 9mm's nor my Beretta's so...
Right now I'm considering a FNX .40cal which means more mags.
It's just part of the "game" if you want to have variety.

IMO if the OP is willing to think about different models in the "slim line" Glock category and he's going to mainly carry IWB, then the 48 is the winner between the 43X and 48.
OWB then the shorter slide on the 43X might be a little easier to keep from banging into stuff, maybe.

And if the OP doesn't care about having 10/11 rounds but can accept 6/7/8 then the even smaller 43 is the way to go IMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Bear Fighter

Location: North of the 45th Parallel, West of the 115th Meridian
Thanked 1,500 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
I agree about mag compatibility.
While it's nice to have guns share magazines my 1911's don't share magazines with my Ruger SR9C and the Ruger doesn't share mags with either my Glock .45's or 9mm's nor my Beretta's so...
Right now I'm considering a FNX .40cal which means more mags.
It's just part of the "game" if you want to have variety.

IMO if the OP is willing to think about different models in the "slim line" Glock category and he's going to mainly carry IWB, then the 48 is the winner between the 43X and 48.
OWB then the shorter slide on the 43X might be a little easier to keep from banging into stuff, maybe.

And if the OP doesn't care about having 10/11 rounds but can accept 6/7/8 then the even smaller 43 is the way to go IMO.
Variety is the spice of life, right?

grip length was the main factor when it came to choosing the 43X over the 43. (mind you, this was my lady doing the choosing). With the Smithfield hams I have on the ends of my arms that I use for hands, I agreed with her.

Were it for me, I would have gone with the longer slide 48.
The Following User Says Thank You to Area Man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,120 Times in 3,994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Women seem to perfer the G43> Shield.
I've seen the same. I simply picked up the G43 since I had the Blue-Label discount. It's nice, shoots well (for me) and is a good size for CCW (for some). I prefer the Sig P365, but will keep the G43 as I use it as a trainer when introducing others to various handguns. It's a popular CCW, especially for women...

At $375, that's a good deal...not something I would pass up even if not too interested

ROCK6
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
I've seen the same. I simply picked up the G43 since I had the Blue-Label discount. It's nice, shoots well (for me) and is a good size for CCW (for some). I prefer the Sig P365, but will keep the G43 as I use it as a trainer when introducing others to various handguns. It's a popular CCW, especially for women...

At $375, that's a good deal...not something I would pass up even if not too interested

ROCK6
Where do you teach/ train? If you don't mind me asking.

Would be cool to take your course!

Old 07-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Where do you teach/ train? If you don't mind me asking.

Would be cool to take your course!
I just do familiarization training I take others' classes, but my wife has used me several times to introduce teachers to handguns; very rudimentary and I always follow up with taking a class from a qualified professional. I'm just a shooter.

I worked with a couple of CCW instructors and it always amazed me how many new shooters showed up with a handgun they never fired. Many want a pocket .380's until they shoot them and can't hit anything or the size hurts their hand. I just try and expose them to several CCW platforms, proper shooting techniques and basic FTF/FTE drills...most have never ever fired a handgun before. Of course I provide the ammo so my wife doesn't complain when I stock up

ROCK6
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
I just do familiarization training I take others' classes, but my wife has used me several times to introduce teachers to handguns; very rudimentary and I always follow up with taking a class from a qualified professional. I'm just a shooter.

I worked with a couple of CCW instructors and it always amazed me how many new shooters showed up with a handgun they never fired. Many want a pocket .380's until they shoot them and can't hit anything or the size hurts their hand. I just try and expose them to several CCW platforms, proper shooting techniques and basic FTF/FTE drills...most have never ever fired a handgun before. Of course I provide the ammo so my wife doesn't complain when I stock up

ROCK6
Thanks for sharing.

Just a shooter as well here, at best.

I'm not sure it's a bad idea to show up to a course with a gun you haven't fired though, wouldn't you want to be shown things the right way, and not come into a course with already reinforced bad habits?

Old 07-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Unemployed Philosopher

G43 with +2 mag extensions.
Love mine but mileage may vary...
The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Nietzsche For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Thanks for sharing.

Just a shooter as well here, at best.

I'm not sure it's a bad idea to show up to a course with a gun you haven't fired though, wouldn't you want to be shown things the right way, and not come into a course with already reinforced bad habits?
To a degree. Some didn't even know how to load a magazine let alone the manual of arms (two shooters had never even taken their gun out of the box). These weren't "gun" classes, but the basic (Texas) CCW class where they had to do a qualification test. They were supposed to be familiar with their handgun before the class. For the basic classes here in GA, there are some new shooters, but they've all seemed competent on the safety rules and how to operate the handgun; they just needed those proper basics reinforced before "walking" in the defensive aspects.

ROCK6
The Following User Says Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
To a degree. Some didn't even know how to load a magazine let alone the manual of arms (two shooters had never even taken their gun out of the box). These weren't "gun" classes, but the basic (Texas) CCW class where they had to do a qualification test. They were supposed to be familiar with their handgun before the class. For the basic classes here in GA, there are some new shooters, but they've all seemed competent on the safety rules and how to operate the handgun; they just needed those proper basics reinforced before "walking" in the defensive aspects.

ROCK6
Makes sense, I agree.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post: