Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-23-2019, 08:23 AM
59840 - could fix a lot

Thanked 11,414 Times in 3,080 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metcalf View Post
Why not just use a low power 9mm load and maybe a different recoil spring in the 48? That would get you almost all the way there without having to wait on Glock.
would work after a fashon but would be a hack at best and if some full house rounds got into the mix could be a problem

I had another though - just because - take a polymer 80 frame and if glock 25 parts could be acquired ...
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2019, 08:36 AM
What?

Thanked 10,450 Times in 4,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtr100 View Post
Grip safety works well enough- the EZ is not targeted at gun people so it's likely seen as an advantage - the cool kids of course will bisch about them but it works quite well
If youve ever dealt with one that didnt work as its supposed to, you'd understand why a lot of people dont like them.

Some types are also better than others, but still, not something Id want on a gun I was using for serious use.

All they really do is over complicate things, and can interfere, especially when stress and/or inexperience is involved.

The less you know and understand about them, the more likely they can be a problem, and for the inexperienced, thats just trouble waiting to happen.

If people arent "gun people" or willing to learn to actually use the gun properly and gain some proficiency with handling and shooting it, then they should really find something else. Adding "more" safeties, wont make the gun any safer, and will likely make it less, as there is now, even more to know about the gun.

Saying a grip safety makes the gun safer is actually kind of a joke, and misconception, if you consider that if the gun is held properly, its now deactivated, and no different than a gun that doesnt have one. Same goes for a manual safety thats properly swept off, when the gun is picked up.

Proper gun handling skills are necessary with ANY of them. Those with all sorts of added "safety" features, actually just make the gun more complicated, and more apt to be an issue in inexperienced hands, especially if stress is involved.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 08:43 AM
59840 - could fix a lot

I've shot a fair number of pistols with grip safeties with no issues other the the Uzi ( ok not a pistol ) at Frontsight , on full auto it would shake loose in my grip - but dang was it fun, I still think the aversion to grip safeties is mostly a cool kid thing - now if I didn't have grip safety that would be better but not really a big deal, but I'm not very cool so there is that

I only have one student with an issue with the grip safety on the EZ - her husband had here shooting revolvers for many many years using a tea cup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2019, 09:13 AM
What?

Quote:
I've shot a fair number of pistols with grip safeties with no issues other the the Uzi ( ok not a pistol ) at Frontsight , on full auto it would shake loose in my grip -
Thats making my point. They "can" be an issue, when you need them to work the most.

Its not a "cool kid" thing at all, its simply experience and knowledge with them.

Ive owned around 40 handguns that had them, and still own three. The only reason I dont have them pinned or put a rubber band on them now, like they used to do in the past, is so I stay familiar with them, and still get to experience them, if and when they dont work, when I try to get that high grip on the gun, that Im accustomed to getting with other things now. Otherwise, if I was still using one as a daily carry gun, I would disable them.

If you want to see where they become an issue, add some stress to your practice, and work on things like poor or improper grip on the gun, which can be caused by things like a poor initial grip while drawing, to an injury and you can barely hold onto the gun, etc.

There are a lot of things to be considered and explored and addressed, but you need to experience them to understand and know, and to decide if it might be an issue and/or worth the risk.

Then again, we are now getting into putting in the time and effort to learn the gun and be proficient with it.

As I said before, some people might be better off with something other than a gun, or at least a different gun, if they arent willing to do their homework.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Awesome

Thanked 22,016 Times in 7,333 Posts

hmm, you know the idea of making small recoil operated guns in .380 do not make sense to me because the biggest benefit of .380 and .32acp is that they can use guns that can be manufactured more simply, and therefor cheaper.. once you start introducing the costs of locking lugs on both the barrel and slide, a pivot pin or block and a cam on said barrel for recoil operation, you really have no benefit at that point over a 9mm, and might as well just stick with a 9
Old 06-23-2019, 01:52 PM
MAGA

Thanked 15,058 Times in 4,377 Posts

I'd rather see a .22 from Glock with above 10rd magazine.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:02 PM
MortarMaggot

Thanked 2,983 Times in 1,148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Just what the world needs...another slightly larger single stack .380.

Funny thing...grip safeties may have saved a lot of Glock leg injuries.

Good enough for JMB, good enough for me.
JMB didn't design the 1911 with the safety, the army demanded it be on there, ya know so it would be just like all the revolvers they had with safeties.
The Following User Says Thank You to billwilla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 05:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,432 Times in 2,292 Posts

A Gen 3 Glock 26X. Glock 26 slide with 19 frame.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2019, 05:32 PM
Trapper

Glock 25 produced in the u.s. I'd be all over it.

The Following User Says Thank You to AKman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 05:59 PM
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin94 View Post

I think Id go the other direction,. A 26 frame with a 19 slide. It would hide better, and in more places, and still offer a longer sight radius, and your pinkie wont be confused as to where wants to be.

Not that the 26 as it comes, isnt already easy to shoot well with.

I recently picked up a Glock 45 in a trade. Looks to be NIB, came with Trijicon night sights and a decent kydex pancake type belt holster.

I swore I wasn't going to bother with them, as they really make no sense to me, but I couldnt turn down the deal. They still dont make any sense.

As far as size goes, its about a half inch shorter than my 17's. Thats it.

Even so, its as good a shooter as any of my other Glocks. Ill find a place for it.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,432 Times in 2,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
I think Id go the other direction,. A 26 frame with a 19 slide. It would hide better, and in more places, and still offer a longer sight radius, and your pinkie wont be confused as to where wants to be.

Not that the 26 as it comes, isnt already easy to shoot well with.

I recently picked up a Glock 45 in a trade. Looks to be NIB, came with Trijicon night sights and a decent kydex pancake type belt holster.

I swore I wasn't going to bother with them, as they really make no sense to me, but I couldnt turn down the deal. They still dont make any sense.

As far as size goes, its about a half inch shorter than my 17's. Thats it.

Even so, its as good a shooter as any of my other Glocks. Ill find a place for it.
the 26 and 19 are my 2 favorite pistols by far. I carry a 26 everyday but when I'm on the property it's the 19 is a ALS.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin94 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 07:37 PM
What?

Quote:
the 26 and 19 are my 2 favorite pistols by far. I carry a 26 everyday but when I'm on the property it's the 19 is a ALS.

The 17 and the 26 are mine. I have a couple of 19's too, but they just arent the sweet spot.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:55 AM
59840 - could fix a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKman View Post

i wonder if one could take a polymer 80 frame and import the parts needed to assemble a Glock 25? Likely a lot of trouble but still
Old 06-25-2019, 08:01 AM
What?

I understand why Glock cant import the 25's, but now that they are building guns here now, why cant they build them here now? That would nullify the import restrictions, wouldnt it?

Then again, is there really a market to bother tooling up? Im guessing not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 06:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,156 Times in 1,602 Posts

Quote:

Why would you want a Glock 19 in 380 ACP. The only reason this exists is because of countries like Mexico, that don't allow civilians to own 9mm handguns.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 06:40 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser6863 View Post
Why would you want a Glock 19 in 380 ACP. The only reason this exists is because of countries like Mexico, that don't allow civilians to own 9mm handguns.
Options

Old 06-25-2019, 07:13 PM
What?

How hard would it be to put a 380 conversion barrel in a 19?

I just loaded a 17 mag with 17 380s, and they all hand cycled through my 17 with no issue.

I have a feeling, they would probably cycle when shot too.

Ive already come across a 380 case in the past, that I must have mistakenly loaded as 9mm, that I shot, and I only noticed it when I was picking up the brass.

Might be an interesting exercise to try in the future. Just to see.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:19 AM
Bear Fighter

Location: North of the 45th Parallel, West of the 115th Meridian
Thanked 1,498 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
Ive already come across a 380 case in the past, that I must have mistakenly loaded as 9mm, that I shot, and I only noticed it when I was picking up the brass.

Might be an interesting exercise to try in the future. Just to see.
Okay, Demolition Ranch . . .
Old 06-26-2019, 10:53 AM
American fearmaker

Thanked 26,607 Times in 8,618 Posts

I think Glock needs to develop a new pistol cartridge and pistol. The pistol cartridge would be the Glock 6.5 millimeter in about the 100-150 grain weight. The length of the cartridge case should be about 25 mm long. The new round would find life in a military, security and police pistol, carbine and also as a sub-machinegun round too.

If they did it right, all the magazines between the pistols, carbines and smgs would be interchangeable so you could use the rounds and magazine in any of the firearms. If the new Glock 6.5 mm round turns out to be as accurate as I hope it would be, this round might make a really good close-range precision (scoped carbine) firearm for eliminating hostage takers in some situations. It would be a really good sort of urban sniper weapon in some situations.

Later on this same bullet, in a different cartridge, could possibly be used to make a new 6.5 mm rifle and light machinegun. Imagine a M-14 type rifle or a new type of rifle using a new 6.5 bullet. I know about the 6.5 Creedmoor rifles but this would be different and fit a different shooting need than those rifles presently serve.

Any way, I think that a Glock 6.5 pistol could open the doors to all sorts of other interesting products that would benefit Glock, the general populace, many police agencies and some militaries. I think with a little bit of work, this idea would be worth a fortune.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:15 PM
Bear Fighter

Location: North of the 45th Parallel, West of the 115th Meridian
Thanked 1,498 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
I'd love to see Glock take the perfection of the Glock 48 or maybe the 43X and spring it to run in 380. You'd end up with a pistol that weaker and recoil sensitive people could run
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSierraCharlie View Post
I'd like to see a Glock carbine or rifle. Like Hi-Point, but better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser6863 View Post
I will vote for 3 Pistols:
1. Glock single stack .32 acp.
2. Glock in 5.7x28mm FN.
3. Glock in 7.62x25 Tokarev.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger1972 View Post
I'd rather see a .22 from Glock with above 10rd magazine.
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, I get it, people like Glocks. But sheesh! Why would you expect one company to make something with every caliber out there? And also do it in full size, compact, and sub-compact frames?

There are other options, and good ones at that. I'm a fan of a certain brand, yes, but I also own models of other brands because I thought that particular model filled a niche in my arsenal. Why limit yourself? Because some marketer told you it was "perfection"?