Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earthquake and Volcano updates **Merge Thread** TXplowgirl Manmade and Natural Disasters 234 01-25-2019 01:27 PM
The Precious Beauty of Silence..... Big_John General Discussion 11 11-14-2018 07:27 AM
Judge orders electric shocks to silence man Mr. Sockpuppet General Discussion 37 03-13-2018 02:12 AM
Watch: How to Silence a Recurve Bow AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 08-09-2017 01:00 PM
Anyone See That 'Silence' Movie? RoyWalker Books, Movies & Stories 3 01-31-2017 06:48 PM

Old 04-11-2019, 02:59 AM
Survivor

Thanked 10,070 Times in 4,128 Posts
Default The Silence

Advertise Here

I watched the film 'The Silence' on Netflix yesterday. The premise is vampire like bats infect the world and sworm on any noise you make. The heroine is deaf and thus uses sign language.

The film I found to be fascinating and brings up some areas I hadn't thought of - such a silent communications (American Sign Language), religious cults, young women being kidnapped etc.

I highly recommend a watch.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Purdy Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2019, 07:14 AM
Hiker

I liked this movie as well. It was a decent film, and the crazy cult was amusing as well. The fact that cults and gangs would run rampant is a possible outcome, and their need to press their will on seemingly innocent people appears honest in it's outcome. The violent will cause normal people to have to act violent to protect their own.

The part I felt was a little overstretched was the old lady on the farm that was completely unaware of what was going on on the planet. She would have died long before this point, in my opinion.

I like the movie because it was an original movie that takes some things into account, like sign language (I know, a quiet place) but still, a good movie.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:07 AM

I had hopes with the five star rating-but it really should have been 2. There is that quick jump to the scene of the chipper grinding them up-what?. There must have been a lot cut from the movie. Seems like that would have worked to get rid of them everywhere. Being really quiet in one scene, then slogging through the forest in the next making lots of noise. It had me yelling at the screen with all the inconsistencies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2019, 10:05 AM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 29,441 Times in 9,699 Posts

*Spoiler Response*

But the dog dies...

All in all, I liked the movie. But honestly, if they can hear his feet barely shuffle when he's intentionally trying to be quiet... that hike through the woods would have gotten them killed. Also, why didn't he just leave the wood chipper on? It seemed to work wonders... hell, I would tow it behind my vehicle when traveling too... LOL. Also, how in the hell did she stay online all the time? I'm sure that old lady had wifi... :P

I liked the movie, but it was pure entertainment... nothing even resembling real to me.