MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krav Maga questions warhawk-77 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 47 08-17-2018 02:34 AM
Krav Maga WTF???? BladeGuru Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 181 05-17-2018 11:32 AM
Krav Maga? comas Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 100 05-17-2018 11:31 AM
Krav Maga and Concealed Handguns Porkchop Samich Pistol and Revolver Forum 33 03-12-2014 09:30 PM
Gun In Your Face & Krav Maga Lono Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 25 06-15-2012 01:49 AM
Krav Maga Check In nukinfuts29 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 20 02-02-2012 09:16 PM
Krav Maga in denver? MtnBikeMike Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-29-2011 06:01 PM
This is Krav Maga ! sojurn87 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 86 04-09-2011 10:42 PM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-24-2009 01:04 AM
Krav Maga - The Ultimate in Self Defense? Duncan Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 93 06-08-2009 02:05 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Warmachine Warmachine is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 309
Thanks: 332
Thanked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff350 View Post
Oh I didn't have the sound on, I was going by the text on the screen. So which one is right?
In the first vid the krav maga guy wins by wrestling. He uses no krav maga techniques at all.

In the second vid the krav maga expert gets destroyed and taps to the mma guy.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Warmachine Warmachine is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 309
Thanks: 332
Thanked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
Yes, Krav Maga is way over hyped. That's because half the people in the US that are "experts" are SELF RANKED.

Go to Israel and challenge a real KM expert (must be a Krav Maga Federation school) to a street fight. See who wins.

Challenge same expert to a ring fight with rules, etc. The outcome may just be very different from the street fight.

Sport - Street. Two different entities.

You can bash Krav Maga, BJJ, whatever all you want -- the bottom line is, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Just a waste of 0's and 1's on some internet message board.

It also makes me think you're kind of jealous... you know, like the guy in high school that talks all this sh*t about that cheerleader... simply because she won't give him the time of day... or talks all that sh*t about the popular jock, simply because people notice him.

But hey, I could be wrong...
Ya your definitley wrong,i was the guy bangin all the cheerleaders.

But i understand since you cant defend a bs mc dojo martial art like krap maga you have to take the topic in another direction to try and deflect the truth.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 PM
lockjaw's Avatar
lockjaw lockjaw is offline
Urban Survivalist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 291
Thanks: 63
Thanked 224 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmachine View Post
Ya your definitley wrong,i was the guy bangin all the cheerleaders.

But i understand since you cant defend a bs mc dojo martial art like krap maga you have to take the topic in another direction to try and deflect the truth.
LMAO whatever dude. You're right. Wrestling is the be all, end all of fighting. All other fighters and styles are obsolete.

Take your BS over to Sherdog dude. I'm about done with this thread.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Warmachine Warmachine is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 309
Thanks: 332
Thanked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
LMAO whatever dude. You're right. Wrestling is the be all, end all of fighting. All other fighters and styles are obsolete.

Take your BS over to Sherdog dude. I'm about done with this thread.
When did i ever say that once in any post? Why are you making up stuff? Here is my post from another thread.

I dont claim to be an expert or claim to be a great mma fighter but i have fought and i have real life experiences to back my beliefs. I may be partial to wrestling since i wrestled all my life but trust me i understand the importance of cross training. I have been doing bjj since the early 90's, muay thai going on 14 years now, boxing 22 years, ive never trained at a judo club but ive rolled with judo black belts hundreds of times at mma gyms, ive sparred with guys in many different stand up styles like tai kwon do,tang soo do,kick boxing,karate,muay thai,boxing,and many others i cant spell or pronounce. So im not saying wrestling is the one and only art. It is a very important weapon to have in your arsenal.

Ill pm you my name if you want and you can google it bro. Im not saying im great but i do know what im talking about.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
lockjaw's Avatar
lockjaw lockjaw is offline
Urban Survivalist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 291
Thanks: 63
Thanked 224 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmachine View Post
When did i ever say that once in any post? Why are you making up stuff? Here is my post from another thread.

I dont claim to be an expert or claim to be a great mma fighter but i have fought and i have real life experiences to back my beliefs. I may be partial to wrestling since i wrestled all my life but trust me i understand the importance of cross training. I have been doing bjj since the early 90's, muay thai going on 14 years now, boxing 22 years, ive never trained at a judo club but ive rolled with judo black belts hundreds of times at mma gyms, ive sparred with guys in many different stand up styles like tai kwon do,tang soo do,kick boxing,karate,muay thai,boxing,and many others i cant spell or pronounce. So im not saying wrestling is the one and only art. It is a very important weapon to have in your arsenal.

Ill pm you my name if you want and you can google it bro. Im not saying im great but i do know what im talking about.
End of discussion man. I replied to your post above on your other thread. We agree on the fact that wrestling is important, but not THE most important. It's all part of the arsenal.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Warmachine Warmachine is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 309
Thanks: 332
Thanked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
End of discussion man. I replied to your post above on your other thread. We agree on the fact that wrestling is important, but not THE most important. It's all part of the arsenal.
I agree. Debating on 2 different threads at the same time can be confusing,lol.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
lockjaw's Avatar
lockjaw lockjaw is offline
Urban Survivalist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 291
Thanks: 63
Thanked 224 Times in 97 Posts
Default

LOL dude I'm debating on like 10 of them. My head is about to explode. I can't keep track of who's on what side anymore.

Funny thing is, half the debates I get myself into have NOTHING to do with survival... mostly politics, which I guess counts.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to lockjaw For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Warmachine Warmachine is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 309
Thanks: 332
Thanked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
LOL dude I'm debating on like 10 of them. My head is about to explode. I can't keep track of who's on what side anymore.

Funny thing is, half the debates I get myself into have NOTHING to do with survival... mostly politics, which I guess counts.
Same here im on the religous threads going at with the church people lol. It is a good survival forum though if you can stay on track lol.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
lockjaw's Avatar
lockjaw lockjaw is offline
Urban Survivalist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 291
Thanks: 63
Thanked 224 Times in 97 Posts
Default

A lot of great information on here, and whether I agree with all of them or not, a lot of good people.

I stay out of the religious debates, I'd get murdered!

We should have a forum get together and knock a few back. I'd love to meet some of these folks in person. A lot of knowledge in all kinds of different areas here.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Warmachine Warmachine is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 309
Thanks: 332
Thanked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
A lot of great information on here, and whether I agree with all of them or not, a lot of good people.

I stay out of the religious debates, I'd get murdered!

We should have a forum get together and knock a few back. I'd love to meet some of these folks in person. A lot of knowledge in all kinds of different areas here.
They do have meet and greets its on the forum under one of the sections.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 04:59 PM
tiecuando tiecuando is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver International Airport
Age: 32
Posts: 867
Thanks: 1,091
Thanked 345 Times in 210 Posts
Default

I thought I just said the inventor of krav maga knew boxing and wrestling. What techniques do they use now a days anyway?
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
tiecuando tiecuando is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver International Airport
Age: 32
Posts: 867
Thanks: 1,091
Thanked 345 Times in 210 Posts
Default

On the street, things like low sidekicks, stomps, headbutts, and shoulder charges are pretty effective tools. These are all most likely banned in muay thai, so that's the only reason they aren't seen in MMA.

Come to think of it, backfists, hammerfists, and whatever fists are effective too. But I have seen some of those round house backfists in MMA.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Jeff350 Jeff350 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 54
Thanks: 462
Thanked 38 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecuando View Post
On the street, things like low sidekicks, stomps, headbutts, and shoulder charges are pretty effective tools. These are all most likely banned in muay thai, so that's the only reason they aren't seen in MMA.

Come to think of it, backfists, hammerfists, and whatever fists are effective too. But I have seen some of those round house backfists in MMA.
Matt Serra got knocked out by Shonie Carter with a spinning backfist at UFC 31. Shonie Carter was always kind of a showman, it was a pretty funny knockout. I wish I could find the video for you.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Warmachine Warmachine is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 309
Thanks: 332
Thanked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff350 View Post
Matt Serra got knocked out by Shonie Carter with a spinning backfist at UFC 31. Shonie Carter was always kind of a showman, it was a pretty funny knockout. I wish I could find the video for you.
I remember that!

The spinning back fist misses more then it lands but when it does land it is sweet!

Heres a good one.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Duncan Duncan is offline
Übermensch
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,025
Thanks: 3,572
Thanked 6,213 Times in 2,540 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmachine View Post
Im posting these because im so tired of reading all the posts about how effective Krav Maga is. MMA is the way folks.
Different strokes for different folks.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Warmachine Warmachine is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 309
Thanks: 332
Thanked 215 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDUS View Post
Different strokes for different folks.
Your a little late there buddy, we have all come to an agreement.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM
tiecuando tiecuando is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver International Airport
Age: 32
Posts: 867
Thanks: 1,091
Thanked 345 Times in 210 Posts
Default

The thing about MMA is that it trains at realistic speed, so of course it's gonna be effective.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 09:17 PM
alasbabalon's Avatar
alasbabalon alasbabalon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Age: 55
Posts: 48
Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 22 Posts
Default

I think your making an apples to oranges comparasion. I think you could take a seasoned Navy SEAL and an MMA expert put them in the woods or on pavement and the MMA guy will die.

From what I've seen of Krav if executed properly would be effective but again in a typical street fight you arent going to kill someone.

Fighting for sport and fighting for your life is 2 way different deals. There are many strikes you can't do in MMA that are more than acceptable when fighting for your life.


Crushing a person throat is the ultimate submission, lol
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alasbabalon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Jeff350 Jeff350 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 54
Thanks: 462
Thanked 38 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmachine View Post
I remember that!

The spinning back fist misses more then it lands but when it does land it is sweet!

Heres a good one...
Damn! That was a serious spinning back fist. The dude was fully off the mat!
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 PM
DiSmAnTLeR DiSmAnTLeR is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: calgary
Posts: 648
Thanks: 133
Thanked 262 Times in 154 Posts
Default

that first fight was decent. 'krava maga' guy had nice takedowns and sloppy ground & pound. didnt see any krav maga.

they both looked like 'mma guys', which is a pretty broad definition.
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net