Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krav Maga questions warhawk-77 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 47 08-17-2018 02:34 AM
Krav Maga WTF???? BladeGuru Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 181 05-17-2018 11:32 AM
Krav Maga? comas Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 100 05-17-2018 11:31 AM
Krav Maga and Concealed Handguns Porkchop Samich Pistol and Revolver Forum 33 03-12-2014 09:30 PM
Gun In Your Face & Krav Maga Lono Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 25 06-15-2012 01:49 AM
Krav Maga Check In nukinfuts29 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 20 02-02-2012 09:16 PM
Krav Maga in denver? MtnBikeMike Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-29-2011 06:01 PM
This is Krav Maga ! sojurn87 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 86 04-09-2011 10:42 PM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-24-2009 01:04 AM
Krav Maga - The Ultimate in Self Defense? Duncan Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 93 06-08-2009 02:05 PM

Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
This is a great survival forum

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff350 View Post
Oh I didn't have the sound on, I was going by the text on the screen. So which one is right?
In the first vid the krav maga guy wins by wrestling. He uses no krav maga techniques at all.

In the second vid the krav maga expert gets destroyed and taps to the mma guy.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
Yes, Krav Maga is way over hyped. That's because half the people in the US that are "experts" are SELF RANKED.

Go to Israel and challenge a real KM expert (must be a Krav Maga Federation school) to a street fight. See who wins.

Challenge same expert to a ring fight with rules, etc. The outcome may just be very different from the street fight.

Sport - Street. Two different entities.

You can bash Krav Maga, BJJ, whatever all you want -- the bottom line is, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Just a waste of 0's and 1's on some internet message board.

It also makes me think you're kind of jealous... you know, like the guy in high school that talks all this sh*t about that cheerleader... simply because she won't give him the time of day... or talks all that sh*t about the popular jock, simply because people notice him.

But hey, I could be wrong...
Ya your definitley wrong,i was the guy bangin all the cheerleaders.

But i understand since you cant defend a bs mc dojo martial art like krap maga you have to take the topic in another direction to try and deflect the truth.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Urban Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmachine View Post
Ya your definitley wrong,i was the guy bangin all the cheerleaders.

But i understand since you cant defend a bs mc dojo martial art like krap maga you have to take the topic in another direction to try and deflect the truth.
LMAO whatever dude. You're right. Wrestling is the be all, end all of fighting. All other fighters and styles are obsolete.

Take your BS over to Sherdog dude. I'm about done with this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
LMAO whatever dude. You're right. Wrestling is the be all, end all of fighting. All other fighters and styles are obsolete.

Take your BS over to Sherdog dude. I'm about done with this thread.
When did i ever say that once in any post? Why are you making up stuff? Here is my post from another thread.

I dont claim to be an expert or claim to be a great mma fighter but i have fought and i have real life experiences to back my beliefs. I may be partial to wrestling since i wrestled all my life but trust me i understand the importance of cross training. I have been doing bjj since the early 90's, muay thai going on 14 years now, boxing 22 years, ive never trained at a judo club but ive rolled with judo black belts hundreds of times at mma gyms, ive sparred with guys in many different stand up styles like tai kwon do,tang soo do,kick boxing,karate,muay thai,boxing,and many others i cant spell or pronounce. So im not saying wrestling is the one and only art. It is a very important weapon to have in your arsenal.

Ill pm you my name if you want and you can google it bro. Im not saying im great but i do know what im talking about.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Urban Survivalist

Quote:
When did i ever say that once in any post? Why are you making up stuff? Here is my post from another thread.

I dont claim to be an expert or claim to be a great mma fighter but i have fought and i have real life experiences to back my beliefs. I may be partial to wrestling since i wrestled all my life but trust me i understand the importance of cross training. I have been doing bjj since the early 90's, muay thai going on 14 years now, boxing 22 years, ive never trained at a judo club but ive rolled with judo black belts hundreds of times at mma gyms, ive sparred with guys in many different stand up styles like tai kwon do,tang soo do,kick boxing,karate,muay thai,boxing,and many others i cant spell or pronounce. So im not saying wrestling is the one and only art. It is a very important weapon to have in your arsenal.

Ill pm you my name if you want and you can google it bro. Im not saying im great but i do know what im talking about.
End of discussion man. I replied to your post above on your other thread. We agree on the fact that wrestling is important, but not THE most important. It's all part of the arsenal.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
End of discussion man. I replied to your post above on your other thread. We agree on the fact that wrestling is important, but not THE most important. It's all part of the arsenal.
I agree. Debating on 2 different threads at the same time can be confusing,lol.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Urban Survivalist

LOL dude I'm debating on like 10 of them. My head is about to explode. I can't keep track of who's on what side anymore.

Funny thing is, half the debates I get myself into have NOTHING to do with survival... mostly politics, which I guess counts.
The Following User Says Thank You to lockjaw For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
LOL dude I'm debating on like 10 of them. My head is about to explode. I can't keep track of who's on what side anymore.

Funny thing is, half the debates I get myself into have NOTHING to do with survival... mostly politics, which I guess counts.
Same here im on the religous threads going at with the church people lol. It is a good survival forum though if you can stay on track lol.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Urban Survivalist

A lot of great information on here, and whether I agree with all of them or not, a lot of good people.

I stay out of the religious debates, I'd get murdered!

We should have a forum get together and knock a few back. I'd love to meet some of these folks in person. A lot of knowledge in all kinds of different areas here.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
A lot of great information on here, and whether I agree with all of them or not, a lot of good people.

I stay out of the religious debates, I'd get murdered!

We should have a forum get together and knock a few back. I'd love to meet some of these folks in person. A lot of knowledge in all kinds of different areas here.
They do have meet and greets its on the forum under one of the sections.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Trapper

I thought I just said the inventor of krav maga knew boxing and wrestling. What techniques do they use now a days anyway?
Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Trapper

On the street, things like low sidekicks, stomps, headbutts, and shoulder charges are pretty effective tools. These are all most likely banned in muay thai, so that's the only reason they aren't seen in MMA.

Come to think of it, backfists, hammerfists, and whatever fists are effective too. But I have seen some of those round house backfists in MMA.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecuando View Post
On the street, things like low sidekicks, stomps, headbutts, and shoulder charges are pretty effective tools. These are all most likely banned in muay thai, so that's the only reason they aren't seen in MMA.

Come to think of it, backfists, hammerfists, and whatever fists are effective too. But I have seen some of those round house backfists in MMA.
Matt Serra got knocked out by Shonie Carter with a spinning backfist at UFC 31. Shonie Carter was always kind of a showman, it was a pretty funny knockout. I wish I could find the video for you.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff350 View Post
Matt Serra got knocked out by Shonie Carter with a spinning backfist at UFC 31. Shonie Carter was always kind of a showman, it was a pretty funny knockout. I wish I could find the video for you.
I remember that!

The spinning back fist misses more then it lands but when it does land it is sweet!

Heres a good one.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Übermensch

Thanked 6,213 Times in 2,540 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Im posting these because im so tired of reading all the posts about how effective Krav Maga is. MMA is the way folks.
Different strokes for different folks.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDUS View Post
Different strokes for different folks.
Your a little late there buddy, we have all come to an agreement.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Trapper

The thing about MMA is that it trains at realistic speed, so of course it's gonna be effective.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:17 PM

I think your making an apples to oranges comparasion. I think you could take a seasoned Navy SEAL and an MMA expert put them in the woods or on pavement and the MMA guy will die.

From what I've seen of Krav if executed properly would be effective but again in a typical street fight you arent going to kill someone.

Fighting for sport and fighting for your life is 2 way different deals. There are many strikes you can't do in MMA that are more than acceptable when fighting for your life.

Crushing a person throat is the ultimate submission, lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alasbabalon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
I remember that!

The spinning back fist misses more then it lands but when it does land it is sweet!

Heres a good one...
Damn! That was a serious spinning back fist. The dude was fully off the mat!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Hiker

that first fight was decent. 'krava maga' guy had nice takedowns and sloppy ground & pound. didnt see any krav maga.

they both looked like 'mma guys', which is a pretty broad definition.