Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krav Maga questions warhawk-77 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 47 08-17-2018 02:34 AM
Krav Maga WTF???? BladeGuru Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 181 05-17-2018 11:32 AM
Krav Maga? comas Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 100 05-17-2018 11:31 AM
Krav Maga and Concealed Handguns Porkchop Samich Pistol and Revolver Forum 33 03-12-2014 09:30 PM
Gun In Your Face & Krav Maga Lono Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 25 06-15-2012 01:49 AM
Krav Maga Check In nukinfuts29 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 20 02-02-2012 09:16 PM
Krav Maga in denver? MtnBikeMike Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-29-2011 06:01 PM
This is Krav Maga ! sojurn87 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 86 04-09-2011 10:42 PM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-24-2009 01:04 AM
Krav Maga - The Ultimate in Self Defense? Duncan Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 93 06-08-2009 02:05 PM

Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Winter is coming.

Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,635 Posts

Advertise Here

The old 'hop overhand right' if set up correctly with a few low kicks first can help you cover a lot of distance fast.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Winter is coming.

Here it is...

Old 07-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,603 Times in 8,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ7 View Post
I stayed in stance to chase him.

But this video, despite the goobers, is pretty interesting. Wonder how well this would work for chasing.
Yeah you have to be clever about it or you will be suckered into a taketown. Using angles it can work ok. And set you up for your own shoot attempts.

All the Tuff kids are doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Winter is coming.

Ok... you've lost me now. I'll stay out of trying to talk MMA.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,603 Times in 8,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWhiskyBravo View Post
Ok... you've lost me now. I'll stay out of trying to talk MMA.
Ok rule of thumb.
the double leg (tackle) takedown should only be thown when either I am thowing shots. And therefore your hands are up covering and leaving your legs exposed.

Or when they are throwing shots and their hands are up leaving their legs exposed.

If I am charging forwards throwing sexy bombs at the guy he can slip under take me down and sit in mount for five minutes beating on me. To prevent this I take angled steps out to their blind side if I can. And I just be sensible when I charge forward.

I am pretty sure Krav actually has this footwork as well.

Anyhow one aspect of attacking in MMA is a concept called the horns of the dielmma.

In a physical sense you attack on part of the person to either succeed or force a defence. If the attack fails you change the attack hoping that the defence has opened a weakness somwhere else. (this is usually a direct result of defending)
when they defend that you go back to the origional attack and so on untill you catch the guy on the hop.

As another krav reference. This is also why you don't rely on firing shots from underneth on the ground. The best position to punch somone is from the top so the person on the grounds best option is to stand up.

Now the problem is you are getting punched and it sux yes?

If you attempt to get up they can either punch you which will get a few shots off but leave you able to get out of that position. Or try to maintain that position At which point they cannot punch you. From there they may open themselves to a sweep or submission. And constantly trying stand up sweep submit puts the person on top on the defencive.

The more the person on top defends the less punching you get.

Now what you dont do is start a boxing match from the bottom because you would want to be bloody good to pull it off. This is why the deadly eye gouge is frowned apon in the MMA mind set. There is almost nothing you can do to me that is worse than me ground and pounding you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Winter is coming.

Yeah i need to learn and practice a few takedowns. I dont generaly enjoy grappling, but its time i dabbled in it a bit more. I better get on to it before i get too old and inflexible.

Being grounded and pounded on the bitumen would be devastating. In jujitsu the instructor taught us to fire a straight punch after the throw before we locked them up but i was always more partial to dropping several UFC style bombs on them instead.

On the 'boxing from under' point. It can work very well against the untrained. I was training some sailors in ASP baton stuff and was in the 'Redman' padded suit playing the bad guy against two of them when i tripped and one landed on me. I threw my hands up to protect my head and fired like 6 unanswered straight punches into his face. Then trapped his arm and leg and rolled on top. I remember watching his head bob up and down as i hit it, thinking 'Shouldnt he be doing this to me?!'