Irresponsible Media Reporting - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll: Has the media driven our nation to the brink of revolt? Fillzee Political News and Discussion 133 06-20-2017 07:49 PM
The media has totally lost its credibility--what is the alternative? zooeyhll General Discussion 88 04-21-2017 04:27 PM
Media Fostering Domestic Terrorism kev Manmade and Natural Disasters 41 01-23-2017 01:42 PM
Major Media Ignoring Democrat Loses kev Political News and Discussion 21 01-04-2017 08:06 PM

Old 01-29-2017, 10:04 PM
Úlfhéðnar

Default Irresponsible Media Reporting

Advertise Here

I've always been aware of the biases present in all the major outlets to one side or another, but the recent coverage of everything Trump related has crossed the line from biased to outright fear-mongering.

this is what I saw today while checking up on CNN:

The only coverage of this entire order and practically everything preceding it has been blatantly biased by selective reporting, word choices in headlines and coverage, and choices of interviewees and airtime... but this is ridiculous.

It legitimately seems to be that these organizations are hoping to create a state of civil unrest in order to either intimidate the administration into backing down, scare the political establishment into turning on the administration, or just create a perpetual state of being able to create their own news and profitability through a state of unending controversy and hysteria.

It's honestly sickening. That and the fact that this was the ONLY news story being covered on their front page is the reason I dont read american media when I actually want to know whats going on in the world.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Greyscale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 11:40 PM
Say NO to Trump Flag Laws

Thanked 51,662 Times in 17,993 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Fortunately for Americans, the true nature of the Opposition Party and their product which is now known as "fake news" is revealing itself at a breakneck pace. Some of us have known for decades that the mainstream media is biased towards the far left. I even get angry with FOX news for manipulating the truth from time to time.

I do still watch FOX but I pick and choose who I watch. I like Tucker and Hannity but even they put a spin on things sometimes. O'Reilly is a bit too left of center for me but I'll watch him if I'm not doing anything else. I refuse to watch the Clinton News Network just like I don't read the National Enquirer. The MSM, in general, is a circus sideshow. These clowns REFUSE to report the whole truth. Truth, in their vocabulary, is a dirty word.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2017, 12:01 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 28,168 Times in 8,195 Posts

Steve Bannon is right. The media is the opposition party.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 12:00 AM

Location: Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Fortunately for Americans, the true nature of the Opposition Party and their product which is now known as "fake news" is revealing itself at a breakneck pace. Some of us have known for decades that the mainstream media is biased towards the far left. I even get angry with FOX news for manipulating the truth from time to time.

I do still watch FOX but I pick and choose who I watch. I like Tucker and Hannity but even they put a spin on things sometimes. O'Reilly is a bit too left of center for me but I'll watch him if I'm not doing anything else. I refuse to watch the Clinton News Network just like I don't read the National Enquirer. The MSM, in general, is a circus sideshow. These clowns REFUSE to report the whole truth. Truth, in their vocabulary, is a dirty word.
Although I watch Hannity and Tucker, every night, my favorite show is Life- Liberty, & Levin, which is on Sunday nights. Levin ... The Great One ... is without doubt the best Constitutional expert on any network, anywhere.

I've written Bret Baier and asked him to put more conservatives on his "All-Star Panel", and he wrote back that he wanted to be balanced, unlike the rest of the media. I told him, in response, that Fox News IS balance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Headhunter2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 01:06 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,306 Times in 1,046 Posts

If you think the media is bad now, just wait, media control is coming to your local news as well.

First, the FCC has eliminated its "main studio rule", which required local radio and TV stations to have their main broadcast studio in or near their home town. This change will allow radio and TV stations owned by the same company to have their studios and newsrooms in a single location. This will allow the media giants to better order, govern and control the "local media".

Second, the FCC plans to roll back some of its biggest rules against media consolidation. This will allow and lead to greater media consolidation and the loss of independent voices, as media companies will be allowed to own more radio, TV stations and newspapers in the same market. This is going to lead to many of the remaining locally independently owned radio stations being bought up.

It used to be that a media company could only own a maximum of seven (7) TV stations total nationwide. They have been upping that number to a large number over the last 20 years. After 1975, a media company could not own all three in the same market (TV station, radio station, newspaper). This was so as the news and media could not be controlled.

We have already been well beyond the media being controlled for sometime.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeystyle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 02:23 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,632 Times in 761 Posts

Trump's an entertaining and controversial guy so coverage of him translates to higher ratings and advertising revenue, which is the only reason any media outlet exists. They demonize Trump because of his views on immigration because they want to increase their ratings and add revenues by appearing sympathetic to whatever minority group Trump is trying to keep out. You can identify who watches a news show by paying attention to who the show's adds target. For the big three the adds are mainly for various age-related medications, autos and the rest of the commercials are adds for the news show that is running the commercials touting itself, which is kind of pathetic. At least they aren't constantly covering soccer games with an occasional soccer riot.
The Following User Says Thank You to randolphrowzeebragg For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 04:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,248 Times in 2,702 Posts

I realized the media was biased when they were unfair during the Eisenhower campaign. I don't know how many magazine and newspaper subscriptions I've canceled because I got tired of PROPAGANDA. Thinking of canceling our current small hometown paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to bilmac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 05:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,321 Posts

At work I always have a bank of TVs on the various news channels. I don't have volume so I normally get to read the crawl and the "headlines" at the bottom. I find it pathetic when I read that the network is running an article about another news network's article.

I also hate it when the news reports on what might happen instead of what happened. I don't care what might happen, it hasn't happened. I might get run over by a bus then me watching your news show kind of becomes pointless.

There is so much legitimately wrong with this country no network needs to present fake news or spin legitimate news to their side.

I watch the news for major stories that are happening with worldwide coverage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 05:46 AM
Trapper

Unfortunately many journalists are corrupt.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,331 Posts

The item that bugs me is when they put on a late night show host or comediennes and have them berate Trump. I guess they think what these plastic bananas have to say shapes our thinking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 03:02 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The item that bugs me is when they put on a late night show host or comediennes and have them berate Trump. I guess they think what these plastic bananas have to say shapes our thinking.
Sadly too often they do shape what the masses think. It wasn't too long ago when Congress had a comedian "testify" about something. It turned out the comedian felt it was necessary to crack jokes instead of giving good testimony. Congress was upset that the comedian wasn't taking the process seriously.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Survivor

Thanked 27,711 Times in 7,245 Posts

I disagree with the thread title. It should read "Corrupt Media Reporting". We've all been watching the MSM trash Trump and making or inventing news in an attempt to forward their agenda. And this morning they are at it again, doing their best to put a negative spin on the NK summit. There was one news clip that in my view twisted the outcome to the point so as to suggest the summit was a complete and utter failure. That is not news reporting, it's propaganda. Anyone with even two brain cells should see that and turn them off. But, alas they do not..
Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 14,671 Times in 3,119 Posts

I'm all for freedom of the press. They are supposed to be the vanguards in charge of keeping the government honest. But they cross a line when their reporting becomes biased opinions and not actual reporting of the facts. Those biased opinions have overwhelmed CNN, MSNBC, the Washington Post and lots of other media outlets with a strong liberal bias.

I just hope the American people are smart enough to recognize the difference between real news and fake news so that the media's misdeeds come back to bite them in the kiester in the midterms.

I believe the fake news media is ****ed not because of Trump calling them out, but rather because they no longer have the influence with voters that they once had.

We need laws against obvious fake news because it does influence elections to some degree. The weak-minded only know what they hear from the media.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,248 Times in 2,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea View Post
Unfortunately many journalists are corrupt.
Like the "journalist" girl who was getting her scoops by sleeping with the guy that finally got charged for leaking "secret" information.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Retired thinker

Thanked 30,030 Times in 6,285 Posts

It's crazy that the media today, left and right, spend all of their time predicting, embellishing, polishing and distorting the "news". Last night, I wanted to see Trump and Kim shake hands, say a few words and see if either bolted from the meeting immediately. Before they said a word, there were days of "news" about how Trump was not prepared, didn't study, was not qualified to negotiate, was hated by the G7 morons, etc. Is it any wonder why people in this nation are so divided, confused, and ignorant of the news... we saw a month of "news" about this summit that resulted in four bullet points to START things rolling. Honestly, my TV news viewing has been cut to about 90% now and my interest in politics is even less! Distill the last year's "news" about the Russian collusion into the facts --- you could describe what happened in about 15 minutes. Yet that dribble occupied the news 24x7. AND we still don't know what happened since the IG report is not out and Congress's demands for documents/proof is stonewalled. No news is sometimes good news. The crap we call news today is simply poison pills for gruberites.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fillzee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 44,425 Times in 10,374 Posts
Angry

"News" these days is nothing but propaganda.

For example:

NBC tonight had a big story about how the "chirren" of illegals are being warehoused in some facility in San Diego. They showed the "horrendous" conditions the kids were living under. Things like nicely made twin beds in a college dorm like environment. Things like hot meals served in a clean, modern cafeteria. Oh the outrage! Not cages, not cells, dorm rooms.

Never mind that the policy goes back to the o-hole admin. Never mind that the bastards are living far better HERE than they were in their ****-hole countries. Never mind that they SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I know, put the kids IN JAIL with their parents. That should go over well.

Quote:
Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.
Quote:
"I want to be clear. DHS does not have a blanket policy on separating families as a deterrent," said Thomas Homan, deputy director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "There is no new policy. This has always been the policy. But you will see more prosecutions because of the commitment to zero tolerance" of illegal border entries.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...arated-n872081

Now the protests ...

Quote:
What are these sparse-of-number activists calling for? Apparently, hotel accompaniments, same as for American families traveling on vacation, for people who get caught breaking immigration law.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...eparation.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Target Shooter

News isn't news anymore for a long time. It's all pundits trying to tell me what to think. That includes ALL news channels. But I do use Snope and a couple other sites to check facts. Snopes is one of the better ones for getting facts and the history behind it. The picture of the shark swimming during the hurricane when it flooded? They traced the picture back years to a fishing program using photo matching software.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:20 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 44,425 Times in 10,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naya View Post
Snopes is one of the better ones for getting facts and the history behind it. The picture of the shark swimming during the hurricane when it flooded? They traced the picture back years to a fishing program using photo matching software.
Snopes is nothing but a couple of leftists operating out of their basement.

They are the southern poverty liars consensus of fake "fact checkers".
The Following User Says Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 10:24 PM
Bowman

Thanked 6,149 Times in 3,020 Posts

Almost all media reporting is irresponsible. Especially the reporting from any left leaning or hard left network.

Even when what they are reporting has been proven false, they will continue to lie to you or attempt to shame you into at least not questioning the lies they are peddling.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:31 AM
Prepared

Default I really liked this video and link for context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cabD_0h5mcA

When ONE(1) media group(Sinclair) reaches Three(3) out of four(4) homes you might have a problem hearing opposition voices. When 6 Companies control 90% of the media and 88-90% of their employees are "liberal Democrats" or Progressives?

https://www.businessinsider.de/these...12-6?r=US&IR=T
The Following User Says Thank You to rtbanger For This Useful Post: