Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Location, Location, Location Ė Depends on Where You Live Yehudi Urban Survival 13 07-17-2016 08:41 PM
ammunition seized from George Zimmermanís home - location, location, location.... HarryWinters44 General Discussion 51 12-05-2013 04:36 PM
Help needed on a S&W .38, date and value needed. Renegade Ziggy Firearms General Discussion 15 12-01-2013 10:32 AM
Rei new location ks alergyfree Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 7 11-09-2013 08:33 AM
Bug Out Location Old Soldier General Discussion 36 10-28-2013 03:24 PM
A bug out location Arsenul Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 02-20-2013 03:34 PM
I got a Bug Out Location at last!!! rivervalley47 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 16 02-11-2013 07:26 AM
Need a Bug Out Location Kosst Amojan General Discussion 0 01-26-2012 09:44 PM
Location Location Location! Maximus4 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 11-03-2011 03:01 PM
Urban Danger: Location, location, location Halkon Urban Survival 8 12-13-2010 07:04 AM

Old 06-23-2009, 07:51 AM

Default Location needed

Advertise Here

Hi there!

Well, I'll start at the beginning. I'm planning my first real field trip with a friend of mine for a few months now. We're planning to go next summer. We will use the remaining time to focus on our physical condition and our trapping & firemaking skills.

So, to get to the point: I am still looking for a location that fits our needs. And it is really difficult to find good information in english or german about national parks in Romania/Poland/Ukraine.
We are looking for National Park where are no marshes and not much (free)climbing experience is nessecary. A conventionel wood area with some rivers or lakes. Nothing that is really extreme. We are planning to take a trip for about seven to ten days. If anyone here has some interesting information for us I would be very thankful!
An additional information I would need is: I know that brownbears are actually common in eastern europe. Is PEPPER SPRAY allowed or is it a prohibited weapon?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 AM
Wild Wild... East

Thanked 1,052 Times in 605 Posts

Paul,
In Romania pepperspray it is allowed to have and carry.
BUT, in Romania trapping it's forbidden. Also, in some National Parks, even fire it's forbidden, except some designated areas (mainly near cabins).
On these conditions, do you need those information anymore?

Bogdan
Old 06-29-2009, 04:52 AM

Thank you for your reply Bogdan!

Well, I almost thought so, about the trapping I mean. In germany it is the same.
And beside the fact that trapping and making fire is forbidden in most of the cases camping in the wilderness, abroad designated areas, is also not allowed. But I read that you can get a permission from the national parkís administration in some cases. I wrote an email to the first, possible, location in Poland last week, unfortunately I didnít get an answer yet.
So yes, I am still interested in information about national parks or other interesting areas. Good thing Iím planning already: there is no need to rush! So if you find anything any time this year, Iíll be glad if you can take your time to write it down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Wild Wild... East

Thanked 1,052 Times in 605 Posts

Paul,
Under any circumstances, on public land, trapping it's not allowed.
Now, about National Parks.
The best of the best it's Danube Delta http://www.deltadunarii.ro/?lg=en
You can fish in some areas, you can have a fire, but you will have a hard fight with mosquitoes.
Next, on my preferences, it's Retezat reservation http://www.artline.ro/The_National_P...21565-2-n.html
Mountains, woods, alpine, glacier lakes (i doubt there are fish inside).
You need a special permit to visit it, you can't made fire inside.
Number 3 on my preferences are Fagaras Mountains. Woods, rivers, some lakes (even a big artificial one), alpine. You can fish (with a permit, and except one or 2 small rivers), you can have a fire. You need a good phisical condition, be cause here are bigest mountains in Romania.
There are many more.

Bogdan
Old 06-29-2009, 07:36 AM

Awesome! Thanks alot!