Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missouri - Looking for a group or to form a group Longsnowsm Events, Connections and Get togethers 43 04-13-2016 01:40 AM
Prepper Group Problems: Group members causing problems. Staxx General Discussion 63 01-20-2016 10:15 PM
Extremely scary facebook group, a group they are thinks mind controlled Darius379 Polls and Surveys 39 11-05-2013 05:03 AM
Looking for group, or starting a group in the Fayetteville, NC area. rayatbragg Events, Connections and Get togethers 1 08-22-2012 01:24 AM
BOL dispersed group siezes land for the group 45reloader Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 02-01-2012 07:28 PM
AED group buy? hak Health, Fitness and First Aid 9 10-31-2011 06:43 AM
Will you go it alone or in a group? citygirl Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 47 08-30-2011 07:15 AM
new gal in the group sandydaysummer New Member Introduction 25 05-01-2010 04:11 PM
Hello to the group thirtythirty New Member Introduction 12 03-29-2009 08:53 PM

Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 PM

Default Looking for group

Advertise Here

I am looking for a group to join. As in a group of like minded individuals that are cooperating and planning for any eventuality. A group that has a rural property to go to in case of an eventuality. I can be an asset. I'm new to survivalist field. But my background is in public safety so I have weapons, emergency training, extensive 911 street ems experience so good in medical field, avid outdoorsman so I know how to hunt and fish etc. I can be an asset. I'd appreciate if could be pointed in the right direction. (Will take any group under consideration)
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 09:37 PM
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD

Thanked 10,733 Times in 4,033 Posts

Try FORMING a group w/ like minded friends first...most groups that will advertise and accept someone out of the blue are not something you would want to be a member of,,,one guy I hang around with and discuss things I played ball with in the 7th grade..Im 60 now...that's how long my people and I have known each other...better that way for what we are looking at
The Following User Says Thank You to flashman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2015, 09:45 PM
I heart mylar

I agree with Flashman. You might get into a group you might later regret.

But it does sound like you have a lot of good things to contribute to a community
The Following User Says Thank You to Sadie_Parker For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2015, 09:45 PM

I'd love to form my own group. BUT I do not know that many people in far as very small family and circle of friends. Which almost none are serious about the topic of a survivalist group. So I either need to network ti find some other like minded individuals which I'm nkt exactly sure on how to do. OR find a existing group that may accept a new Member. I am leary of just joining any group bUT I pay enough attn to world military and geopolitical affairs and domestic affairs to find it necessary to make the effort to find or form a group asap. FYI I'D EXPECT TO HAVE TO GO THRU A VETTING/APPLICATION PROCESS AND HAVE A TRIAL TIME PERIOD. I don't think I can just join a group out of the blue.

Last edited by Livewildforlife; 10-04-2015 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Add
The Following User Says Thank You to Livewildforlife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 04:08 AM
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD

If you are set on looking for a group to join, and want direct info from someone on here, you will have to say what area you live in/are looking for a group in. Generically look for hunting or shooting clubs or around gun ranges...lots of folks like to talk as they shoot and you might strike up a conversation there...the really desirable ones aren't going to break Opsec and tell some stranger they have a group...you're looking at a long process...
Old 10-05-2015, 04:55 AM
Eclectic

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewildforlife View Post
I'd love to form my own group. BUT I do not know that many people in far as very small family and circle of friends. Which almost none are serious about the topic of a survivalist group. So I either need to network ti find some other like minded individuals which I'm nkt exactly sure on how to do. OR find a existing group that may accept a new Member. I am leary of just joining any group bUT I pay enough attn to world military and geopolitical affairs and domestic affairs to find it necessary to make the effort to find or form a group asap. FYI I'D EXPECT TO HAVE TO GO THRU A VETTING/APPLICATION PROCESS AND HAVE A TRIAL TIME PERIOD. I don't think I can just join a group out of the blue.
I understand. I'm in the same boat. Because of OPSEC, no one wants to discuss their plans. Because of OPSEC, I don't want to discuss my plans. I don't want anyone knowing that I'm a prepper. It's a lone Preppers catch 22. I found a guy on Craigslist who's trying to start a militia. I got to know him a little bit, and he showed me his preps. His preps consist of a couple of guns, a small amount of ammo, some body armor, a crossbow, a couple of knives, some throwing stars, and not much else. No food, no water, no first aid. His big plan is to drop off his girlfriend in the Ozarks and then go to Texas and join a large militia group. He shoots the same caliber weapons as the military, because his plan for ammo is to steal it from the military. Needless to say, I'm not in contact with this guy any longer. Everyone here tells me I'm crazy, that I can't possibly make it alone, that I need to find like minded people. The sad reality is when the SHTF, I'm on my own. I'm alone. Yes, I agree that is a deadly situation to be in, but I really don't have a choice. I'll give you a hint here that may save you some heartache. Don't ever discuss bugging out alone on this board. You will get no end of crap from people who just don't understand the situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to egad51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 05:01 AM
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD

You are never truly alone if you have a dog/dogs....you can at least get some sleep..
Old 10-05-2015, 05:15 AM
Eclectic

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman View Post
You are never truly alone if you have a dog/dogs....you can at least get some sleep..
My dog died. I used to be able to sleep soundly with earplugs because she would wake me for anything important. I miss her so much. I won't get another one. In a bug out situation, I wouldn't be able to feed it.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:29 PM
youtube.com/Kraka069

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman View Post
and if you run out of food, you can eat the dog
Old 10-07-2015, 07:30 PM
youtube.com/Kraka069

where are you located?