Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can anyone help with this car noise? vicdotcom Vehicles & Transportation 25 01-03-2016 02:16 AM
Crossbow sound reduction / limb protection BuellerBueller Primitive Weapons, Bows and Crossbows 1 08-16-2012 04:34 AM
Population reduction isn't necessary jimmykeller Controversial News and Alternative Politics 58 10-26-2011 09:41 AM
mysterious noise in US persuader Manmade and Natural Disasters 61 03-28-2011 02:55 PM
mav 88 recoil reduction sniper.22cal Shotgun Forum 7 02-16-2011 08:02 PM
legal noise reduction earl54 Rifle Forum 11 11-13-2009 04:47 PM
Recoil Reduction bianchinut Pistol and Revolver Forum 3 08-09-2009 12:59 PM
Smoke reduction arrexian Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 18 09-04-2008 12:37 AM

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM

Default Sound-Loc Noise Reduction

Advertise Here

Our Newest Product! Introducing our unique Sound-Loc™ Noise Reduction System. All new TalonSS and CondorSS will have this installed at the factory. Pictures say it all!
Click image for larger version

Name:	AirForceSoundLocInstall.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	73868

It is also in kit form for installation in earlier AirForce TalonSS airguns.
AirForce Sound-Loc
Click image for larger version

Name:	AirForceSoundLocKit.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	73852

Last edited by AirForceAirguns; 04-26-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Always Gunnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceAirguns View Post
Our Newest Product! Introducing our unique Sound-Loc™ Noise Reduction System. All new TalonSS and CondorSS will have this installed at the factory. Pictures say it all!
Attachment 73868

It is also in kit form for installation in earlier AirForce TalonSS airguns.
AirForce Sound-Loc
Attachment 73852
I love Airforce airguns but, when I read reviews of the new Condor SS, they said the shot sounds as if you drop a ball point pen on a roll of carpet. I then went to Pyramid Air and looked at the noise level of this gun and its a 4 out of 5 for loudness. I was really wanting one of these but need it to be quiet as advertised. This is why I never sprung and bought an older one cause of the noise level. That being said I do realize that breaking the sound barrier has alot to do with the noise level.

So why are people not reporting that they are as quiet as advertised? Are they doing something different? What are the exact decibel levels Airforce gets when they shoot this gun? Thanks for any insight!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM

The CondorSS is very quiet. The best way for you to get a feel is to check the Airgun Reporter's review. It is a video with sound. Scroll to about 5:30 for a good example of the quiet. I suspect Pyramyd used the sound rating on the standard Condor and not the SS.

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/CowDChGSnoA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AirForceAirguns For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Always Gunnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceAirguns View Post
The CondorSS is very quiet. The best way for you to get a feel is to check the Airgun Reporter's review. It is a video with sound. Scroll to about 5:30 for a good example of the quiet. I suspect Pyramyd used the sound rating on the standard Condor and not the SS.

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/CowDChGSnoA
The review of the Condor SS I saw was by Tom Gaylord on Pyramids website. They also have the regular Condor at a 5 out of 5, which I can attest to. My buddy has one and it's a frickin beast but very loud. Just watched link and it does sound very quiet. That just alot of money to put out if it isn't as quiet as a Marauder for instance. As long as it is as loud as the one on the video I think I will get one. Just was reading some not so stellar sound reviews and it got me wondering. Thanks for clearing it all up for me!

Anyways, thanks for the link and your time! It's appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to KSGunner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Does NFA regulate your suppressor(ala a .22 silencer)? I plan to buy one of your rifles, but had intended to build a "standard gun" suppressor for it. What am I not understanding?
Old 10-26-2014, 02:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,722 Times in 2,565 Posts

The suppressors are illegal in Canada. What a joke when it only for a pellet gun. Mind you since it velocity is over 500 fps it's considered a firearm here too. Stupid laws here.