Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ND: University "weapons policy" bans fencing practice on campus cnpiso Political News and Discussion 10 05-15-2014 02:19 PM
Obama "strongly" supports renewal of the assault weapons ban "Official Thread" Jubbles Political News and Discussion 30 03-01-2014 04:17 PM
"Theft of US weapons in Libya involved hundreds of guns, sources say" Athanasius Political News and Discussion 26 09-27-2013 12:37 AM
Dem Rep on candid camera admits: "Assault Weapons" ban just the beginning... delta27 Political News and Discussion 3 03-12-2013 01:08 PM
Dianne Frankenstein "Assault Weapons Ban" to go through congress today. silva39 Political News and Discussion 68 03-01-2013 04:31 PM
Join me in a class action lawsuit against manufacturers of "assault weapons." Flying-Monkey General Discussion 22 01-24-2013 01:57 PM
As military weapons and ammo are suddenly, maybe permanently "scarce"... OldArcher Pistol and Revolver Forum 8 01-09-2013 09:23 AM
A Legacy of Injustice: The California "Assault Weapons" Control Act uga1983 General Discussion 3 03-16-2011 08:28 PM
Schools could search parents cars for "weapons" (including screwdrivers apparantly) Kipper Australia and New Zealand 50 02-16-2011 01:53 AM
Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system" Duncan General Discussion 14 02-04-2008 12:52 PM

Old 05-13-2012, 03:42 PM
bush hippy

Default consealable "non-weapons"

Advertise Here

anyone have any good ideas for weapons that are easily consealed but are not exactly weapons. for example rolling up a padlock with a bandana to stick in your pocket.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 03:54 PM
5--4--3--2--1

Power hankies are really easy to spot. Carry a ballpoint pen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verkalak For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Target Shooter

Bic lighter reinforces a fist pretty good . Add a silver ring or two and youve almost got knuckes .
My dad got jumped by a guy that did that , split his skull above his eyebrow and sent him to the hospital in the city .
When I picked him up he was drugged pretty good , sinuses kept bleeding into his stomach making him puke .
He's a window cleaner and he started getting vertigo after that , almost had to quit his job . Messed his vision up too , has scar tissue behind his eye now docter says it'll probably become a brain tumer one day .
All from a bic lighter and a couple rings .
Cops couldn't even press an assault charge because there were no witnesses , or a weapons charge because no one could prove anything .
If you have any empathy you might want to consider how messed up he got from a simple punch in the head . Self defence is one thing , but know what your causing when you do it .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansashippy View Post
anyone have any good ideas for weapons that are easily consealed but are not exactly weapons. for example rolling up a padlock with a bandana to stick in your pocket.
honestly, if you use something like that, you might as well have a real weapon. that's a biker weapon, and cops don't look too keenly on that...

flashlights are good, though...

OC spray is easy to carry.

a lot of stuff out there, really...
Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,789 Times in 4,600 Posts

anything can be used as a weapon.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:47 PM

a bic lighter makes for sold stability in a punch but wearing rings is more likely to bust your own knuckles. you're own mind (wisdom/common sense) is your best concealed weapon.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:11 AM

A big heavy flashlight, especially LED ones as the bulbs are harder to break. It acts as both a club and more usefully a torch that you can shine in the attackers face.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:17 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,631 Times in 7,867 Posts

Nasal spray full of isopropyl alcohol works pretty well.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I love this forum

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...s/12-01876.jpg

tungsten engraving pen
Old 05-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Winter is coming.

Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,635 Posts

Car keys used like a knife (not sticking out between your knuckles).

A regular plastic pen or one of those 'tactical' pens if you have too much money.

A multitool held in the fist.

Coldsteel sell a hairbrush with a dagger in it.

Steelcap boots.

Flashlight.

Umbrella.

Rolled up magazine.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Token Hippy Academic

A high quality umbrella is amazing. A friend of the family is a kindly Mr. Rogers type, who is never seen without his toy poodle in his jacket. He's also a 20 year Marine.

He's been jumped once with the poodle and his sturdy umbrella. It did not go well for his assailants.

As far as how to handle the aftermath- always be polite and respectful to cops. Dress somewhat well (no camo unless you're hunting)+ be as helpful as you can.

If one person on the scene is relatively composed, polite, and says things like "I tried to get them to calm down, but they wouldn't stop coming at me" and the other one is being held back by their friends while screaming and spitting... the cops will believe and be on the side of the person who's not making their job harder, every time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Token For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Prepared

I have always felt that a butane light, the small torch type would be good to carry, they burn very hot, don't blow out in the wind, good to light your cigars, and would sure cause someone to let go of you in hurry.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Bad Samaritan

I saw a guy get punched in the jaw by a guy holding a 9/16 deep well socket once seemed to work real well.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Adventurer

Thanked 10,647 Times in 1,748 Posts

I have to mention this one...my wife and I were in the local hardware store the other day..man ain't that a walk-in armoury..and we were looking at mops and such, when I happened to pick up a tile scrubbing brush.

It's very sturdy, and the handle doesn't bend hardly at all, and the end of the handle protrudes below your fist.

So you've got a knuckleduster and a kubotan like striking end.
Imagine getting those stiff bristles in the eyes / face, not to mention that the hard plastic backing doesn't give.

You can apparently use it for scrubbing your kitchen and bathroom tiles with as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaqhama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 07:46 AM

If properly trained a Bic Pen can be deadly. It can be carried in plain sight and attract no attention.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqhama View Post
I have to mention this one...my wife and I were in the local hardware store the other day..man ain't that a walk-in armoury..and we were looking at mops and such, when I happened to pick up a tile scrubbing brush.

It's very sturdy, and the handle doesn't bend hardly at all, and the end of the handle protrudes below your fist.

So you've got a knuckleduster and a kubotan like striking end.
Imagine getting those stiff bristles in the eyes / face, not to mention that the hard plastic backing doesn't give.

You can apparently use it for scrubbing your kitchen and bathroom tiles with as well.

What the hell man? You were in a hardware store full of screwdrivers, metal spikes, and sorts of other sharp, pointing and/or hard blunt objects and you pick maid's scrubbing tool? I'm just kidding but it's really kind of funny.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 10,647 Times in 1,748 Posts

Ah, yes...but all those sharp pointy things are known to be used on occassion as weapons..whereas the innocent tile scrubber...

You could walk into the White House with the tile scrubber in your bag and no one would even consider it a weapon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaqhama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Why not the simplest non weapon of all; a simple walking stick/cane?
Street legal anywhere. Just because its 1-1/4 inch faceted heartwood hickory doesn't mean a guy with arthritis can't have his cane...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tknight For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Prepared Centurion

A metal ballpoint pen, which is always useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yabssor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,724 Posts

Its kind of bulky but I have a can of wasp spray in my car door & I can carry it in my purse if need be. It is about as painful as pepper spray and can shoot 20 feet vs 5 feet.