Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waste Motor Oil as Fuel Preacherboy Vehicles & Transportation 20 08-03-2015 10:14 AM
Mini Bio-gas plant using food waste, decomposable kitchen waste rem700 Urban Survival 0 09-25-2014 02:06 PM
Propane as motor fuel? Mule Skinner Vehicles & Transportation 25 06-02-2014 10:00 PM
Black Diesel Running on Waste Oil Fuel Post18guy DIY - Do It Yourself 11 10-26-2013 01:01 PM
My 12 volt diesel fuel transfer pump for SHTF fuel collection. (Pictures) Rockyriver DIY - Do It Yourself 3 09-22-2013 01:14 AM
waste diesel fuel & back from hogs msantimo New Member Introduction 9 08-05-2012 10:00 PM
Using Methane From Human Waste For Fuel Akita Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 9 12-14-2011 07:35 AM
Got my diesel fuel tank installed, I'm ready fuel wise for if the SHTF. (Pictures) Rockyriver Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 18 07-17-2011 09:41 PM
New Envion Facility Turns Plastic Waste into $10/Barrel Fuel blackkitty General Discussion 6 09-17-2009 11:23 AM
Waste oils furnace, boiler and heaters tankman1989 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 6 08-24-2009 07:45 PM

Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 AM

Advertise Here

At ~$10/ gallon for Diesel here I'm interested in this but wondered if anyone has any experience doing this with a diesel Ford Ranger (2004 vintage)? It runs fine on WVO but as mentioned, this is hard to come by now. My friends and I have 4 or 5 service garages between us so this could be a good alternative?

If SHTF I'd obviously just go for it and hope for the best but until then could this be a viable alternative to lining the pockets of the oil companies?
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2013, 09:16 AM

Another year has passed, and about another 10,000 miles of near daily use ... I figure its time for another update.

NO PROBLEMS. Zero, zip, nada.

Even up and down the hills of North Georgia carrying loads in excess of 1 ton ... in ALL weather.

I have made a couple small changes in the way I deal with WMO, for instance, the gasoline motor I power my pump with is now converted to dual-fuel, propane AND gasoline. Remember: Two is one ... one is NONE!

Also I have come up with a way to make filtering a bit easier. I will post pictures and explanations as soon as I get time.

BTW ... My experiences with diesel/WMO multi-fuel over the past years has convinced me to begin a new project. I have begun building a Jeep Woody Wagon using a OM-617 5 cyl Mercedes diesel and a 70's vintage Jeep CJ. This will be a strictly 2WD ON-ROAD daily driver for my wife. Given the vehicles light weight and proper gearing ... and a couple tricks ... I am EXPECTING a minimum of 30 MPG on a waste oil-RUG mix.

I am DONE with being a prisoner to the high prices AND TAXES we pay for the crap they are selling as "gasoline".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oddshot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 11:24 AM
I <3 FAR 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddshot View Post
...they are selling as "gasoline".
Is there some conspiracy out there such that that gasoline is no longer gasoline but now is "gasoline?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tax Man View Post
Is there some conspiracy out there such that that gasoline is no longer gasoline but now is "gasoline?"
Nope ... it ain't a conspiracy.

Its alcohol (ethanol) and its an unneccessary maintenance headache in gasoline powered vehicles and equipment ... which makes running diesel and alternatives (waste oil) necessary.

Yes. I know about Sta-bil. It dosen't mean I like it ... or the added expence. Or the fact that its just another unnecessary "something" this government forced us into. Burning FOOD as FUEL is NUTS.

On second thought ... maybe it IS a conspiracy. You might just have something there TAXMAN.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Ham Extra Class

Thanked 5,510 Times in 1,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddshot View Post
Another year has passed, and about another 10,000 miles of near daily use ... I figure its time for another update.

NO PROBLEMS. Zero, zip, nada.

Even up and down the hills of North Georgia carrying loads in excess of 1 ton ... in ALL weather.

I have made a couple small changes in the way I deal with WMO, for instance, the gasoline motor I power my pump with is now converted to dual-fuel, propane AND gasoline. Remember: Two is one ... one is NONE!

Also I have come up with a way to make filtering a bit easier. I will post pictures and explanations as soon as I get time.

BTW ... My experiences with diesel/WMO multi-fuel over the past years has convinced me to begin a new project. I have begun building a Jeep Woody Wagon using a OM-617 5 cyl Mercedes diesel and a 70's vintage Jeep CJ. This will be a strictly 2WD ON-ROAD daily driver for my wife. Given the vehicles light weight and proper gearing ... and a couple tricks ... I am EXPECTING a minimum of 30 MPG on a waste oil-RUG mix.

I am DONE with being a prisoner to the high prices AND TAXES we pay for the crap they are selling as "gasoline".

Would love to see some pictures of your jeep/mercedes project.
Don't expect to get 30mpg with your setup however.
I get a out 25mpg or 26mpg in my mercedes wagon with 2.88 rear end gears.
What gear set are you going to use in the rear of your jeep and will you keep the MB automatic transmission or adapt another to the 617 engine. If you use another style trans be sure it has overdrive if you use rear end geas lower than 3.08.
Sounds like you already know what your doing so I'm just throwing these tips out there.
Usually with the 617 engines diesel fuel gets the best mpg and WMO/wvo get a little less mpg unless its very flat roads without any hills. The small diesels just don't have the spinning weight mass as the larger truck motors and there fore do not take advantage as well of the higher BTUs of WMO in my findings.
By the way thanks for this thread it is excellent and very informative.
I wish others here would make post as detailed and informative as yours
Old 10-26-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyriver View Post
Sounds like you already know what your doing so I'm just throwing these tips out there.
I have over 35 years as a mechanic and a degree in Automotive Technology. I worked mostly on M Benz and Porsche when i was in the trade.

But this is just enough to tell me I don't know EVERYTHING ... and I should listen to everybody's ideas. I learned back when cars had carbs that there is a LOT to be learned by just keeping your mouth shut!

Thanks for the tips!~

BTW ... I will not be keeping the Jeep drive train ... and I will be discarding the 4X4 because the oil pan gets in the way of the front diff. I will end up with a car that is a LOT lighter than the Benz with correct tire sizes and gear ratios for higher mpgs. This will not be a off-road bug out vehicle.

BUT there are a LOT of Jeeps out there that have these engines in them ... with a modified oil pan and transmission adapter plates and etc. and these do quite well.
The Following User Says Thank You to oddshot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyriver View Post
By the way thanks for this thread it is excellent and very informative.
I wish others here would make post as detailed and informative as yours
Thank you very much.

I love alternative and multi fuel applications and have studied them for a very long time.

Now that I am retired, I would like to gather up multi-fuel information and put it in some type of manual or something. If I can get this done ... plan on seeing it posted here.

I hope to be putting up some stuff for this website on "harvesting" propane safely and doing low-cost propane conversions to small gasoline powered engines.

I preach alternative and multi fuel applications pretty hard. One day ... just maybe ... everybody else will be on the side of the road, out of gas and ideas. Ironically, there will be a LOT of fuel in all those cars that are out of gasoline.

I wish more folks would look into this stuff.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:37 PM

Hi by filtering the wmo do you get the ash out of it or not .. Does the ash harm the injectors or the injector pump
Cheers blue
Old 06-17-2014, 07:26 AM

Oddshot,

I received some emulsified oil the other day and i havent been able to break it. Ive heated to 275f, thinned it with gas, added salt but to no avail. the Gas rendered a black layer on top of the watered oil that resembled oil, but when i put a lighter to it it quickly lit...

i found that my batch was about 45% water when i boiled a quart for 20 mins to remove all the water( I figure it was dry when the mix turned black and caught fire).

Does anyone live close to Atlanta,Ga that would like to sell some of their WMO?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:51 PM

Here is a good WMO filter system:

https://usfiltermaxx.com/en/content/11-videos

See the second video "Black Diesel Processor"
The Following User Says Thank You to us filtermaxx For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 10:55 PM

Very good post, a lot of great info, personally I have been running wvo and gas mix 4 gallons of grease and 1 gallon of gas, I mix before I filter, all I do is mix the grease and gas, shake really good, I pour through a 55 gallon drum filter (10 micron) then I let it sit for 4-5 days, I have a 12 in. sludge. Under my spigot, then I just pour it straight into the tank of myc1982 Isuzu imainkvdiesel , I have saved about 45,000$ in the last 15 years, I had a few problems when I first started, because I didn't premix, but after I started premixing, I had almost no problems
The Following User Says Thank You to Bburgessl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2018, 09:22 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_hunter View Post
You'd be interested in purchasing an old turbine engine then, most of them can run on ANYTHING as long as they get tuned for it.

Propane
Gasoline
Kerosene
Fuel oil
Diesel
Alcohol
MEthane
Hydrogen

Just about anything you can burn they can run
Well 3 of those are the same soo.... But yes a turbine will burn anything and everything. It's a burner can... It burns
Old 06-18-2019, 08:37 PM

Default Waste oils as motor fuel

I am wanting to run a oil school like 70s Deutz air cooled diesel generator of it, ANY Impoot ????
Old 06-18-2019, 08:38 PM

Lol old school !!!!