Black Expo Mom - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NPS Expo Panteao Panteao 0 02-07-2015 09:08 AM
Michiganders, expo carpenb94m Events, Connections and Get togethers 0 06-12-2014 07:21 AM
Ten wounded in shootings during Black Expo CAV104 Political News and Discussion 34 04-04-2014 03:07 PM
Self Reliance Expo? stevemurfy Events, Connections and Get togethers 13 04-03-2014 07:54 PM
Survival expo's Sgtlong63b General Discussion 4 12-11-2013 03:32 PM
NPS Expo- Atlanta DoWhatIDO Events, Connections and Get togethers 9 10-18-2013 10:36 AM
Expo in Mesa, AZ Rockstone Events, Connections and Get togethers 14 10-15-2012 12:07 PM
Self Reliance Expo Careocyn Events, Connections and Get togethers 1 08-02-2012 02:34 PM
Self Reliance Expo SLC Oct 7-8 Festes General Discussion 3 10-03-2011 05:52 PM
Springfield MO EXPO kenny256 Events, Connections and Get togethers 5 08-28-2011 05:08 PM

Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Gott Mit Uns

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,158 Posts
Default Black Expo Mom

Advertise Here

I know it has been talked about here before. The "my son is an Angel" crap that goes on when gang members commit terrible acts. For that member when anybody seems to commit major offenses. Just read the Indy Star this am found the famous quote about 3/4 of the way through. "my son was just turning his life around". She asked that people understand, her son was of course innocent, and she was suffering like them because, after all her son got shot also. (He shot 10 people). He is not in a gang like he is being accused of. (despite all evidence to the contrary)
Has anybody ever seen family of one of these individuals ever tell the truth. Like admit to pages of arrests, no job, dealing drugs, obvious gang involvement,etc. With these people so unwilling to accept the truth about their children. How are they supposed to help "fix" the problem when they think there is not one. Just venting as I get so tired of this crap seeing it everyday.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jkc For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 06:59 AM
American fearmaker

Thanked 26,612 Times in 8,619 Posts

That is the way our media plays it. They don't tell you the truth about any gangbangers or most other felons. Bet the media didn't tell you that this punk probably has a number of prior arrests for things like running drugs, aggravated battery and so on, right? The media wants its readers to believe that this guy is underpriviledged, can be socially redeemed and such so that later on they can do another article on him about how he changed his life and found (a.) the lord, (b.) religion, (c.) Christ or how to help other unfortunate people. It's always the same tap dance with the media.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,672 Times in 952 Posts

...or relatedly, when the media/liberal/progressives say the whites made him turn out like that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Congo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,534 Times in 1,752 Posts

I'd kick my kids --- if he tried to go out of the house like that.

Last edited by OLDWarrior64; 07-28-2010 at 05:54 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wyldflwr For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Gravity is a Theory.

Thanked 6,537 Times in 1,990 Posts

Could you turn your son in and bad mouth him in the press?

Of course shes got nothing but nice things to say, shes his MOM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goosed For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Gott Mit Uns

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,158 Posts

If my kid had been arrested a zillion times, kicked out of three schools, a gang member etc., I would apologize for being a terrible parent. Not saying he was an innocent victim.
I believe that a hundred percent. I have preached accountability from day one in my family. I would still love them, however we both have failed society period.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkc For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Go Galt? Go Danneskj÷ld!!

Thanked 2,287 Times in 690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo View Post
...or relatedly, when the media/liberal/progressives say the whites made him turn out like that.

Wasn't this guy in 'I'm Gonna Get You Sucka'? He is in danger of OGing.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Pantomime Villain

Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosed View Post

Depends - how much am I getting paid and will I get to go on Oprah?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:10 PM
2REP 4e Compagnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd Sniper View Post
That is the way our media plays it. They don't tell you the truth about any gangbangers or most other felons. Bet the media didn't tell you that this punk probably has a number of prior arrests for things like running drugs, aggravated battery and so on, right? The media wants its readers to believe that this guy is underpriviledged, can be socially redeemed and such so that later on they can do another article on him about how he changed his life and found (a.) the lord, (b.) religion, (c.) Christ or how to help other unfortunate people. It's always the same tap dance with the media.

That seems to be the way of things. Race is a non-issue for that behavior. A friend in Missouri had a coworker whose son is up for murder charges during a drug deal where the son and associate killed their drug dealer contacts for both the drugs and the money. The mom is still so convinced that her son is a little angel despite his repeated prior criminal activity.

Last I heard before my friend's coworker got fired from her job for running up thousands in calls to her son's jail at work (and accepting collect calls from the jail), was that they were planning to plead self defense, stating that the planned ambush and robbery were the only way they could defend themselves from the other gang during their drug turf war.

A lot has to do with bad parenting these days, but in the end all we can do is present the choices to our children, explain right and wrong, and hope that they choose rightly. Many of our mass murderers, serial killers and the like have come from good families and were well educated. It's not just how they're raised, but their own choices that they make themselves.

Unfortunately, most of the time kids are not forced to face the consequences of their actions and claim they are the wronged party when it does happen.

When I was a kid, Grandma would make you go out and cut your own switch for your spanking. Neighbors, if they saw you doing something wrong, would step in and handle the situation and then tell your parents. Today if you do something like that you're either brought up on charges or sued.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ulfric For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,550 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinamerica View Post
Wasn't this guy in 'I'm Gonna Get You Sucka'? He is in danger of OGing.
No, I think he was in "Don't be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood"
Old 07-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Leave Me Alone !

Thanked 1,536 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:

The Eye Patch provides a mighty handy target.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,466 Posts

there something my dad used to say .. trash bleeds trash when it came to people he would say ..

i seen countless times when the person family members get up on the stand and say he was really trying to make a better life for himself and his family .. i allmost allways start to laugh for it the 49 other arrest for drug or gun or robbery arrest that he had problems with the system
The Following User Says Thank You to hank2222 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Nope.

Thanked 3,141 Times in 1,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosed View Post

Me? No. No kids.

That said, my mom used to search my room for the drugs and weapons she was sure I was using. She'd also made it quite clear that when I ended up in jail, I would not be bailed out. Not if, when. Also made it clear that when she found those drugs, I was going to jail.

There were no drugs. I was an angry teenage boy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinfoil Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Christian

Thanked 50,610 Times in 21,631 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:

is this gang sign for shoot me twice to get through all da bling? I wonder if his pants are on the ground.

Thats his sex-me look in case your wondering....LOL

Old 07-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Combat Veteran

Thanked 5,224 Times in 1,529 Posts

For the life of me, I can't understand how stereotype come to be.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Combat Veteran

Thanked 5,224 Times in 1,529 Posts

Maybe he can cut back on the gold and buy a more up to date polo shirt the 80's IZOD has gots to go childrens.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Wild Edibles Expert

Thanked 9,932 Times in 4,249 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 3

The problem is in most of the Black community the fathers are absent, read there is no positive male role model in the family so boys learn turn to gangs for role models, and too often family-like support. So from the matriarchal point of view he IS a good son, but the direction his masculinity took is a different issue. It takes good men to raise boys into good men.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:28 PM
It is what it is

Thanked 1,097 Times in 438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd Sniper View Post
It's so common now that everyone knows exactly what a suspect looks like if they say it was a "disadvantaged youth".
The Following User Says Thank You to Brad in Seattle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 PM
It is what it is

Thanked 1,097 Times in 438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Razor View Post
The problem is in most of the Black community the fathers are absent, read there is no positive male role model in the family so boys learn turn to gangs for role models, and too often family-like support. So from the matriarchal point of view he IS a good son, but the direction his masculinity took is a different issue. It takes good men to raise boys into good men.
By the early 60s most black families were approaching the middle class quality of life. They were nuclear families, law abiding and attended church regularly.

The Civil Rights Act and New Deal welfare programs disenfranchised adult males and created the mostly government dependent black culture that exists today.

There are basically government disincentives to having intact families. This was by design and working very well (for a government program).
Old 07-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Market Farmer

Thanked 7,387 Times in 2,351 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

My wife and I have an understanding, we love our daughter, but if she does the stupid s#[email protected] that we see on the news, tough love baby.

Similar story of mislead parents..

Just a couple miles from my little town, there is a cross with flowers attached to a metal street light post. The big kind of post.. light and carries electricity. Anyways, 2 teenagers driving a mustang (what a shock) lost control of their vehicle and, they didnt just hit the post, they literally tore the car in half. Kind of looked like a horseshoe on a post. How fast do you have to be driving? Pretty darn fast... Anyways, the parents get on the news, crying about how responsible the driver of the car was.. etc.

I can understand being upset, any parent would be, but lets be honest about our children.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FarmerChad For This Useful Post: