Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-19-2019, 01:47 PM
This is a great survival forum

Default TAKE MY MONEY! Standard S333 22 Mag VolleyFire Revolver

Advertise Here

Standard S333 Thunderstruck Eight shot revolver fires 2x 22 WMR rounds for every pull of the trigger. I am seriously intrigued with this gun, mainly for a nightstand gun for my wife but Im definitely interested. I used to deep conceal a NEF Black Widow and that little 22 MAG could definitely do some damage. Not Thors Hammer 10MM Alpha Male damage that I typically advocate for, but damage nonetheless.

https://youtu.be/89tPawOn7go

Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2019, 02:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,041 Times in 2,805 Posts

I'd buy it just for the novelty of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kalifornia Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 03:02 PM
What?

Thanked 10,450 Times in 4,257 Posts

The steps some people will go to, not to actually become proficient with something realistic!

Interesting idea, but to what end?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
The steps some people will go to, not to actually become proficient with something realistic!

Not everyone that wants a gun is gun culture like most of us. This could be a decent choice for the elderly, disabled, very small statured women, or just someone that wants a low recoil point and play defensive firearm.

Many years ago I went through the academy with a female who did well enough up until it was time for the firearms training. Despite one on one remedial training for several days she could not pull back the slide on a Glock 22. She lost a 60K a year job because she couldn't pull back that slide and went back to cleaning houses. This might be the gun for people like that.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:15 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 12,343 Times in 4,005 Posts

I think everyone will agree, that is the perfect gun for you.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,362 Times in 6,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalifornia Guy View Post
I'd buy it just for the novelty of it.
I agree. The magnum part is the only part that worries me. About 9 months ago I met a man that drove two hours to buy .22 mag. only to find out he was told wrong.

How is the ammo availability? I have not kept track.

I like the idea of the gun.
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 04:27 PM
Bear Magnet

Thanked 6,050 Times in 2,132 Posts

You can buy pallets of it here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biathlon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 04:29 PM
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
Not everyone that wants a gun is gun culture like most of us. This could be a decent choice for the elderly, disabled, very small statured women, or just someone that wants a low recoil point and play defensive firearm.

Many years ago I went through the academy with a female who did well enough up until it was time for the firearms training. Despite one on one remedial training for several days she could not pull back the slide on a Glock 22. She lost a 60K a year job because she couldn't pull back that slide and went back to cleaning houses. This might be the gun for people like that.
OK, here we go again. If they cant shoot, then give them something even more unrealistic and unshootable, and tell them they are good to go. Yea Boy! Theres edumacated logic there!

Some people just shouldnt have, and would be better off, with no gun.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 04:51 PM
Hiker

Quote:
If she couldn't pull back the slide she probably couldn't handle the recoil either. Thats one of the problems with picking a "one gun fits all" system. But I don't think for a minute this 4 shot gimmick gun is the answer.

If your wife is weak in the hands and doesn't like recoil then find a 3" model 30 or 31 in 32 long and teach her to use that. At least she will have 6 shots with each bullet weighing more than both 22 mags added together without the muzzle blast of the mag round. And they are loud from a short barrel.

My uncle was a Ft Worth homicide detective and gave his wife a S&W model 31 with 2" barrel loaded with his handloads as her HD gun. Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:10 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 22,426 Times in 8,385 Posts

Safer rimfire ammo? BS lay one on a a hard surface next to a centerfire - drop a big weight see which one goes off. Toss them in a fire - the thin case rimfires always go off first.

Aluminium might be a little better than plastic.

Red dot sights might be OK in the daytime, it needs Tritium for the dark. Sights for 3 yards, yea sure.

Why even have a barrel - just use a 4" cylinder - no gas leak.

Novel design doesn't mean it's good. What no grip safety?

Not interested in buying one.

Homely - might displace the Webley on the list of ugly pistols.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
I agree. The magnum part is the only part that worries me. About 9 months ago I met a man that drove two hours to buy .22 mag. only to find out he was told wrong.

How is the ammo availability? I have not kept track.

I like the idea of the gun.
I have a Kel Tec PMR 30 and have no problem finding not only lots of 22 magnum but lots of 22 Magnum on sale pretty much everywhere locally. I think I paid $9.99 for 50 rnds of Hornady Vmax a couple months ago.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
OK, here we go again. If they cant shoot, then give them something even more unrealistic and unshootable, and tell them they are good to go. Yea Boy! Theres edumacated logic there!

Some people just shouldnt have, and would be better off, with no gun.
So when you are elderly and suffer from arthritis or some other physical ailment that makes it impossible for you to manipulate and train with your 9mm, 38 spl, 357, 45 ACP etc your guns should be seized? So you are saying not every citizen should have 2A rights. Greaaaat
Old 07-19-2019, 06:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,149 Times in 1,000 Posts

That is definitely, most assuredly, beyond the shadow of a doubt the most hideously ugly gun I've ever seen.
It somehow even manages to make the Chiappa Rhino seem attractive by comparison.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 07:15 PM
What?

Quote:
So when you are elderly and suffer from arthritis or some other physical ailment that makes it impossible for you to manipulate and train with your 9mm, 38 spl, 357, 45 ACP etc your guns should be seized? So you are saying not every citizen should have 2A rights. Greaaaat
LOL. Nice try. But NO.

Even if I stopped today, I can already shoot. Even if I did have some sort of a debilitating ailment that wouldnt let me use what I normally do, Id still have other options, and, I can still shoot. And if it got so bad, that Id need to use a .22, there are better things available too, than that silly thing.

You seem to be advocating giving people who cant, a gun like the above, and its somehow going to magically make them shooters.

I never said to take away anyone's gun rights. Not even close. But you knew that, right?

Simply, that some, as well as the rest of us, would probably be better off if they didnt have a gun. This has nothing to do with rights, but just what IS appropriate and responsible. Something that anyone who plans on using a gun should be.

The 2nd Amendment doesnt absolve you of that. Youre still responsible for every round you send out, whether you hit who you were shooting at, or someone you werent.

As I said, some would be better off with something else.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:50 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,959 Times in 893 Posts

If you can’t pull a trigger on a semi auto 380 or even a light 9mm then they will have the same problem pulling the trigger on that thing. Is a double shot of 22 mag near a .380? How about a 9?
Old 07-19-2019, 07:52 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,077 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:

To part a fool from his money.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snyper708 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 07:55 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 19,410 Times in 5,033 Posts

The two finger trigger screams "no accuracy!" to me. Tactical staplegun anyone??

I know it's only 22WMR, but it's two, so I'm thinking it's close to 38spl in a steel frame revolver. Which would be better in every way.
Cool little gun, would buy one cheap, but it's a novelty.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offrink View Post
If you can’t pull a trigger on a semi auto 380 or even a light 9mm then they will have the same problem pulling the trigger on that thing. Is a double shot of 22 mag near a .380? How about a 9?
Then you run into issues of racking slides, manipulating safeties, or even worse for the minimally trained having a striker fired gun on the bed stand with no manual safety or having to remove such a weapon from a holster. This is the equivalent of a home fire extinguisher. A fire extinguisher doesn't make you a fire fighter and very few people have actually trained with them but you should still have one for emergencies and Im sure noone would argue that they shouldn't keep one around unless they have trained with them to put out actual fires.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,362 Times in 6,906 Posts

Quote:
I have a Kel Tec PMR 30 and have no problem finding not only lots of 22 magnum but lots of 22 Magnum on sale pretty much everywhere locally. I think I paid $9.99 for 50 rnds of Hornady Vmax a couple months ago.
Thanks, I always get skeptical when a new ammo comes out.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:34 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,837 Times in 853 Posts

I thought a firearm that fired more than one cartridge per trigger pull was illegal. Did something change?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jlrhiner For This Useful Post: