Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SKS: a great SHTF weapon Pierpont Military Weapons Forum 128 12-24-2015 12:16 AM
Is weight a consideration when choosing a SHTF sidearm / ccw pistol? ArmChairCommando1954 Firearms General Discussion 18 03-08-2014 08:14 PM
Anyone using a 9mm/40/45 with a 22LR conversion for a SHTF sidearm? mcseal Pistol and Revolver Forum 7 04-15-2013 12:54 PM
Best shtf weapon? act5860 Military Weapons Forum 36 02-14-2013 10:50 PM
looking for a SHTF weapon. bsaddor Firearms General Discussion 65 11-05-2012 09:36 PM
SKS for your primary SHTF weapon? salatheel Military Weapons Forum 75 08-13-2012 10:24 PM
SHTF Weapon Im On A Boat Firearms General Discussion 48 03-09-2012 01:18 AM
Help me buy a SHTF weapon! Im On A Boat Firearms General Discussion 30 01-21-2012 10:58 PM
Best SHTF Weapon??? Festes Firearms General Discussion 13 12-28-2011 12:00 AM
SHTF Weapon AmericanPatriot121 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 172 06-01-2011 10:20 PM

Old 07-10-2019, 06:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,088 Times in 3,982 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Dig?

Your able to, you choose not to.

Lots of Marines don't keep their personal weapons in the armory.

I don't see it as unrealistic at all. We have already had islamics shoot up military bases....

Your choice, I am not passing judgement on personal choices, just pointing them out.
No arguments; it is about individual risk assessments and choices. I find myself taking more risks these days. I knew more than a few who may not have had their CCW on them, but nearby. Ironically, General Officers are issued (and mailed) their personal sidearm that they can carry on base if they so choose. Off base, all federal and state regulations apply...

My son (20 years old) has had his CCW for almost two years and he carries at college (and while in ROTC). One State restriction is that if a high-school student is taking one of your college classes, you can't carry...he follows the rules knowing the cost if caught. That restriction makes zero sense to me, but is the type of BS that several have to assess as to compliance or take the risk.

ROCK6
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,472 Times in 2,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNGRIZZ View Post
1911 , why ? , because I am dat gum good with it and the main reason is because I can and also being a follower of the Prophets , John , Moses , and Samuel , it just suits me to a T. JMHO and S/FI. Any side arm one is good with is better than not having one at all. I don't care if it a SA 45LC 1873 peacemaker cowboy gun.
How can you tell if a 1911 is jammed?

It just is.

Haha jk I actually have a tattoo of a 1911 on my calf although I dont even own 1 anymore but I still like them. To me they're more nostalgic than anything. I do want a good all steel compact 9mm 1911 but that is like asking for a unicorn. Everyone wants to make them with an aluminum frame and aluminum has no place on a pistol IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin94 For This Useful Post: