Really Excited about the new Hi Point & HK YEET Cannons - Page 6 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-03-2019, 07:01 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,304 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Right, so you have. Which leaves us with three possibilities.

You suck.

The individual gun sucks

Or you all play the laugh and giggle game and donít really try to shoot the gun well.

Iím going with option 3. It could be 2, but I donít think itís 1. You donít suck, right? Didnít think so.
There are other options.

Your guns are anomalies.

The groups above were not actually shot from 10 yds away.

HiPoint is incredibly inconsistent in their manufacturing processes, which leads to it being complete luck of the draw whether you get a gun that is capable of the groups above, or a gun that has MAJOR deviation, even at 3 yds. These are reports of sub-par accuracy I was able to find with a 10-second search.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...c9-9mm-pistol/

https://gunsgunsguns.net/hi-point-9mm/

https://www.firearmrack.com/hi-point-c9-review/

https://www.recoilweb.com/preview-hi...-c9-35625.html - this one is interesting. The review is by Mike Seeklander, who I would bet decent money is a better shooter than anyone on this site. He managed to get 3.5in groups at 15 yards, from a bench.

The HiPoint we were shooting has had an average of 96 different students per year shoot it (four classes of 24 every year), for several years (the lead instructor at our class said it was there when he got there, and he had been there over ten years). It had also been shot fairly extensively by every instructor there, over the years. My class's results were consistent with everyone else's, according to the staff. So, either over 1000 experienced shooters all "sucked," or were all playing the "laugh and giggle game," or the sample we were shooting was, in fact, inaccurate.

The gun in question was cleaned and lubed after every range session - the reason for Familiarization Day is to get as many guns into instructor-trainee's hands, as possible, in order to give them experience with anything they might encounter on the street, including knowing how to break them down, and reassemble them. Maintenance was not a problem.

Like I said, we were all shocked at the reliability of our sample, although there are plenty of reports of this not being normal.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed70 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 19,946 Times in 6,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
Why would anyone try to shoot one well?

They are cheap garbage guns designed and priced for gang members.
I have one, paid $75, it lives in my trunk and the one time I stripped it down the cheap flexible plastic frame that feels like it was made from recycled milk jug caps told me all I need to know about these things.

On the plus side it does actually function unlike the other one I had that right out of the box would lock the slide back after each round due to the slide lock tab being way too long.
A dremmel fixed that one.

Shoot it ďwellĒ?
As in try for groups?
With that horrible trigger?
Nah, not even worth the time.

I suppose if I was in a gang or on welfare it might be worth actually taking the time to ďlearnĒ to shoot one, but since Iím neither Iíll stick to guns that one doesnít have to ďlearnĒ how to shoot.
Whatever. I guess you donít subscribe to the practice idea? You just choose the gun that shoots well without any effort on your part?

I call BS. Every gun requires learning, thatís why guys talk abut running thousands of rounds to become proficient, and itís disingenous of you to suggest otherwise.

I shoot a lot of milsurps and two stage triggers, I donít mind the trigger.

And he did say they keep shooting it. I figure if youíre gonna do it, you may as well try to do it well.

Maybe you donít have the time or ability what with your superior income and firearm collection. But some of us like taking low end things, and making them perform.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Survivor

Thanked 19,946 Times in 6,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed70 View Post
There are other options.

Your guns are anomalies.

The groups above were not actually shot from 10 yds away.

HiPoint is incredibly inconsistent in their manufacturing processes, which leads to it being complete luck of the draw whether you get a gun that is capable of the groups above, or a gun that has MAJOR deviation, even at 3 yds. These are reports of sub-par accuracy I was able to find with a 10-second search.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...c9-9mm-pistol/

https://gunsgunsguns.net/hi-point-9mm/

https://www.firearmrack.com/hi-point-c9-review/

https://www.recoilweb.com/preview-hi...-c9-35625.html - this one is interesting. The review is by Mike Seeklander, who I would bet decent money is a better shooter than anyone on this site. He managed to get 3.5in groups at 15 yards, from a bench.
Then it is the gun, I guess.

That, or Iím a better shot than your buddy Mike.

Meanwhile, I have 17 of them...thereís no anomaly here, they ALL shoot groups.

Hereís a possible reason your gun shoots so bad...ammo.
This is the 995 carbine, at 25 yards unsupported...yes, really...using two different types of ammo.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2019, 11:44 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote:
Then it is the gun, I guess.

That, or Iím a better shot than your buddy Mike.
Probably not.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/shootin...ke-seeklander/
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/09/tea...#axzz5sc5Uovvz

Quote:
Meanwhile, I have 17 of them...thereís no anomaly here, they ALL shoot groups.
Every gun shoots groups. The question is the size of the groups, at which distance, shooting how fast?

Quote:
Hereís a possible reason your gun shoots so bad...ammo.
This is the 995 carbine, at 25 yards unsupported...yes, really...using two different types of ammo.

I have zero experience with the carbines, as I mentioned above.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Bunker Hill Patriot

Thanked 11,316 Times in 4,531 Posts

Quote:
Whatever. I guess you donít subscribe to the practice idea? You just choose the gun that shoots well without any effort on your part?
I donít subscribe to guns marketed towards gang bangers that are low capacity and made from recycled milk jugs and parking meters.

I practice a plenty.

Quote:
I call BS. Every gun requires learning, thatís why guys talk abut running thousands of rounds to become proficient, and itís disingenous of you to suggest otherwise.
No, they donít.
Once you get familiar with a gun similar guns will be easily picked up on.

The HiPoint only shares commonality with crappy Brycoís and Phoenix Ravens.

I shoot a lot of milsurps and two stage triggers, I donít mind the trigger.

Quote:
Maybe you donít have the time or ability what with your superior income and firearm collection. But some of us like taking low end things, and making them perform.
I have lower cost guns.
I donít have superior income, and thatís why Iíd never waste my income on 17 POS HiPoints and then waste my free time bragging about how great the recycled lamp posts are.
I also know you post about your love of HiPoints to troll, as you have stated in the past.

17 HiPoints...
Thatís $700 worth of good guns if youíd sell those to a pawn shop so the local gangs could buy them up.
For $700 you could buy at least two guns not made by a company who believes people donít need more than 10 rounds and that wonít turn to white dust eventually like all pot metal does.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 12:23 AM
Awesome

Thanked 22,019 Times in 7,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
Yep.
I guess the owners feel that when you have such a strong following of lovers of low capacity recycled milk jugs and recycled parking meters why change.
aah, and all the engineering and chemical flaws of the material that go with it and typically result in laughably low service life
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justin22885 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Human bean of planet Urf

Thanked 4,821 Times in 2,286 Posts

Didn't see it posted yet so;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCNx0Ql2ZZw

Might not be respected but it *does* shoot!
Old 07-04-2019, 11:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,037 Times in 2,900 Posts

You know when hi point came out with their carbines in 10mm I was really tempted. However I just couldn’t. You get a really good deal yeah, but with today’s prices on pretty decent firearms, I just don’t see the point. Even as a stash gun. There are much better options for a slightly more expensive price. A 200 dollar shotgun such as a maverick would be a much better investment for that price range. Hi point? No thanks. Just can’t do it.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Awesome

Thanked 22,019 Times in 7,334 Posts

i have a hi point carbine in .45acp.. its nothing to write home about and i've always maintained pistol cal carbines based on military sub guns are better than hi points and keltecs for their simplicity and reliability, and ease of disassembly
Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 PM

I'm just glad to know that while everything else that made America what it once was may be destroyed, the younger generation of Low-T, immature video game addicts, and man-bunned, ear-gauged, ironically-bearded hipsters will carry on with the right to bear arms... gee, the future looks bright indeed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stophel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stophel View Post
I'm just glad to know that while everything else that made America what it once was may be destroyed, the younger generation of Low-T, immature video game addicts, and man-bunned, ear-gauged, ironically-bearded hipsters will carry on with the right to bear arms... gee, the future looks bright indeed.
A soy boy can survive.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Out View Post
"Yeet" is kid slang for "cum"
I believe the word you're looking for is "skeet"
Old 08-03-2019, 10:57 PM
This is a great survival forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilla View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Auberry View Post
Think of the average Hi point owner. Now image they disassembled their fire arm. Do you think they could get it back together?
I can get mine back together just fine. I also know how to reply to a thread without making the same post, twice.
LOL Touche!
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts

I just bought a Springfield mod 2 45 XDs for 349.00 brand new.Just sent in for the free 3 extra mags, range bag, and holster from Springfield armory Gear Up. There is .no reason to buy a H point for 200.00.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR_SLOW For This Useful Post: