Advertise Here
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 07:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,176 Times in 3,574 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Survivalist View Post
Why are you so opposed to Idaho gun owners? Or are you an anti-gunner dem disguised as pro-gun?

What are you talking about!?!
That made no sense what so ever...looks like it's shaping up to be a banner day...LOL
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 08:05 AM
Bunker Hill Patriot

Thanked 11,095 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
What are you talking about!?!
That made no sense what so ever...looks like it's shaping up to be a banner day...LOL
In typical Idaho “Survivalist” fashion, they are utter confused and in this instance were not able to comprehend that you were referring to DB.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 08:47 AM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 9,759 Times in 3,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bones View Post
Some posts may call BS on in the info or person.

The pudding is in how the claimant handles their response.
Speaking of which, you still haven't answer the question of what you did to earn the permanent bar to reentry as indicated by the RE4 code on the copy of "your" DD214 you posted.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,176 Times in 3,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
Same as it ever was.

We are all just insecure people on the internet, who never do anything, have no experience, and hes going to set us straight. Even if he has to lie about everything to do it!

I just love it when he tells me that I said things I never said, and then he goes on about it for pages and pages, making up more stuff I was supposed to have said as he goes. By the time you get to the end of the thread, he has a whole novel of thought up crap, that no one ever said, and yet he keeps going on like its us who are retarded.

Anyway, and getting more back on target, and coming back to things, I just now picked up a Springfield Armory "Defender" 1911 in 45acp. Ive been neglecting the 1911's and it was calling.

Ive sworn up and down I wasnt going to buy another Springfield after the BS I went through with that last bunch I bought, but it looks like Springfield might have got their **** together, and cleaned up their act. This one looks pretty good.

Basically a GI gun, but with a SS barrel. The frame looks to correct too, unlike what they have turned out in the past. Traded it for that Ruger carbine I picked up a while back and $50.

While I was looking, he also had a SIG P320X there, with 3 mags for $565. Nice gun, but I wasnt feeling it. Dont need another Glock wanna be.

I also looked at were a Para LDA in 9mm for about the same price. Cool gun, and an amazing DAO trigger. I almost went for that one. But Im pretty sure Para is out of business now, and passed.

He also had Remington R51 there with a laser and 4 mags for $265. Cheapest of the lot. But after looking at it close, and the fact that it was going to be the third time he sold it, cheap or not, I passed. They are kind of cheezy, and their rep hasnt got any better, and it sounds like Remington is trying to get away from them and just dumping them.

Now, if it had been an original 51 in 32acp, Id have been all over it!

I have a couple of Springfield's, one Brazilian (Imbel) and the other a NM. apparently Springfield still produces a few 1911's made in the US (NM prefix) or so I was told. The Imbel tolerances are a bit on the sloppy side, yet the sights are on and it is reliable, it eats a steady diet of home cast 225/230gr bullets, so I really can't complain too much.

The NM is fairly tight fit and finish wise, while I haven't shot it nearly as much as the Imbel, I have not experienced any issues with it either, time will tell.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,636 Times in 891 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
Speaking of which, you still haven't answer the question of what you did to earn the permanent bar to reentry as indicated by the RE4 code on the copy of "your" DD214 you posted.
AR 635-40 CHAPTER 4 section II 4-6

Read it and it will explain. You appear to have base knowledge or have minor Google foo skills. But I'm going to guess you just ignore it to make yourself look stupid attempting to make a new agenda by telling everyone you're trying to make it look like you know.

So read it. I remember reading it. I read every AR that covered my MEB. I had nothing else to do the 15 months I fought the VA to fix them before I got the DD214

So take your you think you appear (want to be) smart ass back to the ARs and read about what you're asking about before you make yourself look more dumb. That **** is right there before the seperation code for God's sake. Use your eyes, too easy.

If you can comprehend all the big words come back and tell everyone why. It will only help you in the long run to admit your attempt to smear is a failed one. Like Jr and his mentor AK.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:01 AM
What?

Thanked 10,443 Times in 4,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I have a couple of Springfield's, one Brazilian (Imbel) and the other a NM. apparently Springfield still produces a few 1911's made in the US (NM prefix) or so I was told. The Imbel tolerances are a bit on the sloppy side, yet the sights are on and it is reliable, it eats a steady diet of home cast 225/230gr bullets, so I really can't complain too much.

The NM is fairly tight fit and finish wise, while I haven't shot it nearly as much as the Imbel, I have not experienced any issues with it either, time will tell.

I had a bunch of Springfields in the past, both US and Brazilian frames. As I remember, all of them had the "NM" prefix on the serial numbers. The Brazilian frames had Brazil on them.

Those frames were all over the place spec wise, and were a bit annoying. The early 80's SA 1911's were decent guns, and pretty much USGI spec. Its once they strayed from that, that the troubles began.

This one I just got, appears to be basically a GI A1 gun, other than the sights (more current, higher profile three dots), barrel, and bushing (SS). The frame contours seem to be pretty close to correct, and they have a nice set of what looks like checkered walnut grips.

The finish is more of a light park wash, than a regular park. Seems a little lighter than what they did in the past, but we'll see. The slide stop, grip safety and MSH are of a slightly different finish and more like a black blue.

I put a couple of hundred rounds of SWC reloads through it yesterday with out issue. Shoots pretty good too.

The gun was tight as hell when I went to clean it, and I thought I was going to have to go find a bushing wrench to get it apart. I finally got it, but it was a struggle. Ended up taking it apart backward and working on the bushing and slide alone to get the bushing out.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:11 AM
What?

Thanked 10,443 Times in 4,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bones View Post
If you can comprehend all the big words come back and tell everyone why. It will only help you in the long run to admit your attempt to smear is a failed one. Like Jr and his mentor AK.
LOL. Look whos talking about comprehension! What a ****in joke!

The "smears" come wholey from you, and you get ****y when people call you on all your inconsistencies and blatant lies. If you could discuss the topics at and, instead of just coming in to disrupt, things would be a bit different and lot more informative. But no, you come in, and everything goes to ****.

Why dont you come back when you have something useful to share, and maybe things can get back on track.

Unless the admin has you on a quota for clickbait.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:13 AM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 9,759 Times in 3,752 Posts

Touched a nerve with the question I see.

Shot your self in the foot to get out of combat?

All you had to say was medical. But you see in my day they didn't give you an RE4 unless you got out with a 100% disability. Anything less than that was a 3, unless it was for a mental condition (however even PTSD usually didn't get you a 4).

Next, stop seeing the boogeyman behind every tree. It was a simple question, one that you have failed to answer multiple times, not an attempted smear. "We" don't need to smear you. You do it to yourself often enough (see above reply). It was curious that will all the stuff you redacted on "your" DD214 you left that tidbit open for all to see.

But there we have it, even superman has his weaknesses.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDH For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread