Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you carry AIWB, you may want to check these out AK103K Pistol and Revolver Forum 1 11-25-2018 05:20 PM
Chest rig with pistol holster? Woodsman 16 Firearms General Discussion 29 01-25-2018 01:38 PM
Drop leg systems, your oppinion? Boy_Sc0ut Firearms General Discussion 43 03-20-2017 05:36 PM
Holster Review: Cry Havoc Gear's Grim "Plus" WMassMilitia Reviews and questions 0 02-15-2017 11:47 PM
Hot Water Fitting a New Leather Holster Hick Industries Pistol and Revolver Forum 16 12-01-2016 10:48 PM

Old 03-08-2019, 09:57 AM
Fenced In

Thanked 4,087 Times in 1,782 Posts

Advertise Here

I use a Hill People Gear chest pack, can't remember anymore which model. I wear it for hiking, and it has served me well for many trips, not only for concealed carry but also for putting a small flashlight, knife, water filtration straw and FAK conveniently front-and-center. The only real downside (could be major depending on the situation) is that it's not going to provide quite the ease/speed of access to a handgun that a holster will. For my purposes, it's a huge improvement to IWB holsters (not using OWB in snowflake country) and is very comfortable.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inazone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Prepared

World War Supply has some neato chest holsters.
https://www.worldwarsupply.com/cart/...ory&path=84_87

I have the Victory Revolver Shoulder holster for my Model 64 and it's great. Nice thick leather. Sturdy stitching. The price is incredible for the quality. I also have a left and right half-flap holster. Really nice products.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicsmurf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,110 Posts

I saw a chest carry pictured in the 2019 Springfield Catalog and intermediately wanted one for my SS .357 Security Six. I found it to be the Diamond D Guide's Choice via a Google search but the price has kind of put me off ($175). However I am a sucker for leather so who knows.

I don't routinely carry but thought of it a few weeks back when there was a manhunt in my area. Not knowing what the future holds I might even find comfort in chest carry on my own property; going to the mailbox, getting firewood or whatever. It would also be convenient for driving and bike or motorcycle riding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2019, 01:10 AM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 31,341 Times in 7,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
Check out the more versatile Hill People Gear chest pouch system. They are about $100 -$125 and you're not limited to just one gun. You could alternate between guns.

They have ultra small and light models for serious long-distance runners to carry a compact pistol for about $85. Then more substantial versions for around $125. These allow you to carry more stuff than just a gun - wallet, phone, reload, etc.

I'm going to be getting one soon for hiking and running. I was using a more concealable belly band for running but like the option of a chest rig for different uses.

Hill People Gear: https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/...1/ProductID/71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin94 View Post
I use the 5.11 2 Banger Bag and wear it across my chest. Like the HPG bag you can use it for a lot of different pistols but it is half the price.

https://www.amazon.com/5-11-Magazine.../dp/B00M1QT9XU

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I've been wearing my $110 Hill People Gear recon kit bag for exercising now for several weeks and I love it and wish I had gotten one years ago. It's awesome. And I like the versatility. I've tried at least 3 different guns in it which would have not been practical with a kydex molded holster.

You can do a 1 handed draw, it's just a little slower. The bag is very snug to the chest to almost eliminate any bounce or shifting.

I would skip the satchel type bag. I have one from 5.11 and a knockoff. They are only okay for carrying stuff. They move around a lot, and would be very slow for draw and presentation. I've worn mine on many hikes and the satchel shifts, and if you bend over they are in the way, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2019, 05:28 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,093 Times in 3,984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
I've been wearing my $110 Hill People Gear recon kit bag for exercising now for several weeks and I love it and wish I had gotten one years ago. It's awesome. And I like the versatility. I've tried at least 3 different guns in it which would have not been practical with a kydex molded holster.

You can do a 1 handed draw, it's just a little slower. The bag is very snug to the chest to almost eliminate any bounce or shifting.

I would skip the satchel type bag. I have one from 5.11 and a knockoff. They are only okay for carrying stuff. They move around a lot, and would be very slow for draw and presentation. I've worn mine on many hikes and the satchel shifts, and if you bend over they are in the way, etc.
I'm an admitted Kit Bag whore I run with the Snubby a few days a week with my wife and it's excellent (carry a J-Frame). Just finished 100+mile section hike on the AT with the Snubby Original:

ROCK6
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 01:01 AM
Hunter

I don't have a CCW so I can't use the Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag however open carry is legal in my state.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 10:18 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I don't have a CCW so I can't use the Hill People Gear Recon Kit Bag however open carry is legal in my state.
That's a valid factor. Open carry is much faster to deploy than concealed for the most part and I would do so in areas less hostile to carrying a firearm.

ROCK6
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 10:26 AM
What?

Thanked 10,450 Times in 4,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
That's a valid factor. Open carry is much faster to deploy than concealed for the most part and I would do so in areas less hostile to carrying a firearm.

ROCK6
Open carry valid or friendly or not, Ive always been of the mind that concealing, at least one gun, is better. Even if Im carrying one in the open, Ive got another somewhere that you don't see.

In the immortal, and quite pleasant thoughts and sounds of George Strait......"You got to have an ace in the hole".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Inglorious Deplorable

Thanked 33,680 Times in 13,347 Posts

Here is one for half of Americans

Time to repeal the 17th.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9111315 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
Open carry valid or friendly or not, Ive always been of the mind that concealing, at least one gun, is better. Even if Im carrying one in the open, Ive got another somewhere that you don't see. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG]

In the immortal, and quite pleasant thoughts and sounds of George Strait......"You got to have an ace in the hole". [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Depends on the activity and location

I have open carried in the Cohutta National Forest once, since several others open carry due to the very high black bear population. I still like the Kit Bag since it just carrys better if hiking thick rugged terrain. My carrying wife is my ace in the hole
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 01:58 PM
What?

Thanked 10,450 Times in 4,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
My carrying wife is my ace in the hole
LOL. Yea, mine too. As well as the kids. The dogs were the only ones who werent carrying. Guns anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Hunter

I stopped procrastinating and ordered the Guide's Choice™ Leather Chest Holster. They had a free shipping Fathers Day offer.

edit: I haven't perfected my carry position yet, just received it today. Standing and sitting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190621_224534 - Edited.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	288428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190621_230419 - Edited.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	288430  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 06:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browningv308 View Post
I'm so fat that a chest holster would be like a hood ornament on a Cadillac it's there but you can't reach it.
Seriously though, when and where do you plan on carrying a pistol around on your chest? Are you gonna go to the grocery store and walk around with a chest rig on? Man the looks your going to get. Even though you may have the legal right to open carry your gun around today's Liberal butter cups are going to freak out if they see it. Your going to be harassed everywhere you go in public.
Not to be hard on you or anything but I think your going to regret the decision to carry like that. My vote says keep it discrete
People generally use chest holsters for hunting or carrying in the outdoors. They make a lot of sense for larger hunting revolvers or longer semis like the Glock 40.
If you have a longer barrel , are carrying a pack with a belt , etc a belt holster can be difficult to use. A drop leg slaps around when you move.

They are also used for people wearing body armor. So if you are training with armor or wearing it for protection , you are likely not worried about blending in so much. .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post: