Lady faced 14 year jail sentence in Australia for having pepper spray. - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Para Bellum

Thanked 6,949 Times in 2,238 Posts

Advertise Here

Guess I'm happy here in Arkansas Tasers and stunguns (over 18), pepperspray (up to 150cc or 5oz) all legal to carry for self defense.

Some governments would prefer it's serfs unarmed.
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2018, 07:28 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 28,251 Times in 8,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderBob View Post
Guess I'm happy here in Arkansas Tasers and stunguns (over 18), pepperspray (up to 150cc or 5oz) all legal to carry for self defense.

Some governments would prefer it's serfs unarmed.
Including our very own.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,156 Times in 1,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
I am pretty sure my life expectancy is going to beat that of a primitive man.

So I would have more right to life. Rather than less.
Specious comparison, medical care, iPhones and Netflix do not have anything to do with rights. To assert otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

Japan has one of the highest life expectancies and personally, I would not want to live in their "free society" with the Yakuza and their police who extract 99% of their convictions through confessions, no thanks.

I'm sorry you're mad, no one likes being told their country sucks and that you are living in a dream world, if you believe the state of affairs in Australia is not an infringement on your God given rights, that in and of itself is troubling.

I have known many Aussie in my life, the WW2 vets were first rate, awesome guys, real tough and great sense of humor, although Australia's seem to lack an understanding of sarcasm for some reason.

The children and the grandchildren of these men, on the other hand displayed a dependant, victim mentality and a 100% trust of government. Even those who questioned government decisions, never questioned the motives of their leaders. Resistance and disobedience was not even thought of by them.

New Zealanders are worse, the U.N. has used them as a sort of globalist laboratory and they are willing to accept whatever they are told to do.

Very, Very Sad. I'm sure some still have their pride and sense of individuality, but the state is doing a good job of marginalizing these folks, as there are not many left.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 27,294 Times in 7,313 Posts

Quote:
By the way. I bet you can't take mace in to an American court room either. Which really should be the kind of details a court room reported should be expected to know.
Actually, I can carry a firearm in to any court on the state or local level here.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:21 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooze1775 View Post
Actually you can.
Not any courtroom that I was ever present as a Deputy Sheriff, save those within LE.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2018, 06:44 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser6863 View Post
Specious comparison, medical care, iPhones and Netflix do not have anything to do with rights. To assert otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

Japan has one of the highest life expectancies and personally, I would not want to live in their "free society" with the Yakuza and their police who extract 99% of their convictions through confessions, no thanks.

I'm sorry you're mad, no one likes being told their country sucks and that you are living in a dream world, if you believe the state of affairs in Australia is not an infringement on your God given rights, that in and of itself is troubling.

I have known many Aussie in my life, the WW2 vets were first rate, awesome guys, real tough and great sense of humor, although Australia's seem to lack an understanding of sarcasm for some reason.

The children and the grandchildren of these men, on the other hand displayed a dependant, victim mentality and a 100% trust of government. Even those who questioned government decisions, never questioned the motives of their leaders. Resistance and disobedience was not even thought of by them.

New Zealanders are worse, the U.N. has used them as a sort of globalist laboratory and they are willing to accept whatever they are told to do.

Very, Very Sad. I'm sure some still have their pride and sense of individuality, but the state is doing a good job of marginalizing these folks, as there are not many left.
I don't disagree with weak modern Australian generations, though this applies to the entire western world these days.

A lot of the rest of your post indicates you are not talking from experience.

Baby boomers were far more politically outspoken than generations before( eg ww2 etc). They rioted and changed systems like the college kids/hippies in the US. Gen X and Y is where UN/globalist brainwashing and an easy lifestyle changed everything here. Same as your country.

NZ has more freedoms than Australia, they are where we were 25 years ago. They have better gun rights than some US states, and less laws and regulations than most 1st world countries.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:43 AM

Thanked 1,232 Times in 581 Posts

Was checking out some non-lethal weapons stuff lately, and saw a claim that typical pepper spray has a 30% failure rate.

Then was looking at one of my pepper sprays to try to find the brand, and all it's got are the letters "USA" on it. Also was sold with no expiration date, but I wanted it because it's supposed to be a stronger formula than Mace.

Then I just thought, is this a great metaphor for the USA?? Destined to expire, but you don't know exactly when, and merely a pepper spray-- that's ineffective 30% of the time-- and not a more effective weapon?!?!?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jim from 28DaysLater For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 02:05 PM
Para Bellum

Thanked 6,949 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sockpuppet View Post
Thank goodness I live where I live...pepper spray, tasers, and stun guns are legal, no knife laws, and constitutional carry...it could still be better though but i'll suffer
The Following User Says Thank You to TraderBob For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 02:33 PM
?

Thanked 4,055 Times in 1,315 Posts

Outside of federal court, what's allowed in courthouses or courtrooms with active judicial proceedings in the US is state level law so will vary from state to state. Could be different county by county if the state allows counties to set more stringent prohibitions beyond what's allowed by state law.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:51 PM
If I had a voice I'd sing

Thanked 22,458 Times in 5,588 Posts

Quote:

I'm sorry you're mad, no one likes being told their country sucks and that you are living in a dream world, if you believe the state of affairs in Australia is not an infringement on your God given rights, that in and of itself is troubling...
Great post and worth repeating.

It's sad that most Aussies and Brits look down their noses at us Americans because we choose to be free, rather than have the protection of the State and the bootheel on the neck that comes with it.

They honestly don't know what it's like to live free because they never have.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarco2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,934 Times in 6,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sockpuppet View Post
Fixed that for you.

Only a combined 1/3 of rapes, attempted rapes, sexual assaults are ever reported to authorities.
Which is a best guess non-statistic...because if we knew about them to count them, they'd be reported statistics, and thus become uncountable as non-reported.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,604 Times in 8,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarco2000 View Post
Quote:

I'm sorry you're mad, no one likes being told their country sucks and that you are living in a dream world, if you believe the state of affairs in Australia is not an infringement on your God given rights, that in and of itself is troubling...
Great post and worth repeating.

It's sad that most Aussies and Brits look down their noses at us Americans because we choose to be free, rather than have the protection of the State and the bootheel on the neck that comes with it.

They honestly don't know what it's like to live free because they never have.

The thing is freedom is complicated and has unexpected consequences.

And so the difference is we use freedom as a tool to effect a better life rather than worship it as an ideal in some sort of extremist way.

So for example let's look at the protection of the state and their boot heel. So that would consist of what. Police, fire and ambulance?

And yes I don't have the freedom to just start my own police force or to win a stand off against them should I disagree with their laws. But I do have the ability to hold the governments police force accountable. I can contact ethics branch or ring my local ombudsman. So even though I am under some sort of ideological boot heel in practical terms I am more free than if we relaxed these restrictions.

Ironically an example of a government boot heel that provides more practical freedom would be a constitution.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 57,142 Times in 18,607 Posts

Quote:

And so the difference is we use freedom as a tool to effect a better life rather than worship it as an ideal in some sort of extremist way.

So for example let's look at the protection of the state and their boot heel. So that would consist of what. Police, fire and ambulance?

And yes I don't have the freedom to just start my own police force or to win a stand off against them should I disagree with their laws. But I do have the ability to hold the governments police force accountable. I can contact ethics branch or ring my local ombudsman. So even though I am under some sort of ideological boot heel in practical terms I am more free than if we relaxed these restrictions.

Ironically an example of a government boot heel that provides more practical freedom would be a constitution.
Yea, no.

I'm wearing my Glock, cops don't come out here.
Our FD is volunteer, and I was at EMT training tonight to get my creds back.

Ben Franklin:
Those who give up their freedom....

May your chains rest lightly upon you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 11:01 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Quote:

Yea, no.

I'm wearing my Glock, cops don't come out here.
Our FD is volunteer, and I was at EMT training tonight to get my dress back.

Ben Franklin:
Those who give up their freedom....

May your chains rest lightly upon you.
And the glock is just in case you have an issue with a parking space?

Any list of most free countries we consistantly rate high top ten, top five in the word.

So you are rating your own freedom in some sort of irrational way that nobody else does while not scoring that high in what is almost a universal consensus of freedom.

I mean free to take weapons in to a court room seems kind of irresponsible to me.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 57,142 Times in 18,607 Posts

Quote:
And the glock is just in case you have an issue with a parking space?

Any list of most free countries we consistantly rate high top ten, top five in the word.

So you are rating your own freedom in some sort of irrational way that nobody else does while not scoring that high in what is almost a universal consensus of freedom.

I mean free to take weapons in to a court room seems kind of irresponsible to me.
Yes, if a bear or other animal wants to park itself on top of me.
...but it'll also work if a 2 legged animal does same.

You picked 3 things which DID NOT support your position (PD, FD, EMS) AND used them (pretending they did) because you know most people are so used to those services they consider them requirement.
I took that farce away from you.

...let me guess: you think citizens should be disarmed on airplanes too!

Eta: if you knew anything on the U.S. Constitution you' d know it's function is to place limits on GOVERNMENT... Not people!
(It's the polar OPPOSITE of a 'gov bootheel '
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2018, 05:04 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,696 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbersawz View Post
I hear alarm bells of BS when Sweden is ranked at 6, and India is 96.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-10...8-1/?r=AU&IR=T

Australia is the world's safest country for a woman, according to analysis by consultancy New World Wealth in its 2018 Global Wealth Migration Review.

The 10 safest countries for women in 2017 were:

1 Australia
2 Malta
3 Iceland
4 New Zealand
5 Canada
6 Poland
7 Monaco
8 Israel
9 USA
10 South Korea
The rankings are based on the percentage of each country's female population that has been a victim of a serious crimes over the past year.
That list is pure BS.
So USA is safer (for women ) than Finland, Austria, Ireland, Denmark, etc WOW you dont say?
USA is safer (for women) than Switzerland???
Old 10-07-2018, 08:57 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
That list is pure BS.
So USA is safer (for women ) than Finland, Austria, Ireland, Denmark, etc WOW you dont say?
USA is safer (for women) than Switzerland???
Then please enlighten us with a differing authoritative source. You simply opining upon its accuracy, doesn't reveal anything.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Survivor

Safety for women is a hard statistic as for example women are more likely to report rapes in safer countries. But then that country has more rape reports.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,191 Times in 3,496 Posts

I am so glad I don't live in a country where you are not allowed to defend yourself!! I don't like everything in the US, but 2A is on top of the list of things I do like. Not even allowed pepper spray?! WTF?!

I got into a huge argument with the sister of my best friend in Germany a few months ago on a visit. She told me she thinks nobody should be allowed to own guns. I asked her how she would defend herself if she needed to. She had no good answer to that. She went as far as saying she would visit Syria (WTF???) before she ever set foot in the US. Not half an hour later she worried about her teenage daughter walking home alone.
You can't win an argument with people like that. They are just incapable of thinking rationally.

(funny thing, her sister, my friend, told me later that her husband has a gun license and owns a few, but she made me promise not to tell her sister :-)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,191 Times in 3,496 Posts

Quote:
Safety for women is a hard statistic as for example women are more likely to report rapes in safer countries. But then that country has more rape reports.
I don't think just looking at statistics is a good way of looking at this issue. There are many ignorant liberal women in the US, that won't defend themselves. They don't own a gun, they don't know how to use one, they don't want to. They don't have pepper spray and they think nothing bad will ever happen to them. They are ALLOWED to defend themselves, but they don't. It's not fair to include women like that in statistics. You can't fix stupid.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post: