survivalist radio station - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Survivalist Radio Show Coming July 4th 2009 All Survivalist Can Contribute Prepared2Surviv Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 4 07-21-2015 03:44 PM
NY radio station vs retired Colonel Sailorsam Political News and Discussion 2 10-03-2014 08:58 AM
Small group radio base station mr.trooper Communications 4 05-13-2013 03:13 PM
Mobile HAM radio station with pedals (CW!) rakentelija Communications 5 02-26-2013 05:40 PM
WMAL, Americas First Shariah Compliant Radio Station in Washington, DC P.Publius Controversial News and Alternative Politics 9 03-11-2011 02:11 AM
Cordite Country survivalist radio Wolfe Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 5 03-08-2009 04:48 PM
funny radio survivalist phoenixlink Jokes, Humor & Music 1 12-08-2008 03:02 AM
Armchair Survivalist Radio Show bug-out-betty Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 03-14-2008 04:11 PM

Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Will let you beg for food

Thanked 1,632 Times in 401 Posts
Default survivalist radio station

Advertise Here

http://www.live365.com/stations/americanpirate

a free online radio station hub...for fun i thought i would type survivalist and lookie lookie what came up ...there are others on there as well....

maybe kev should have a sister radio station as well
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to preparedmama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Will let you beg for food

Thanked 1,632 Times in 401 Posts

loool too funny i just logged in to listen and it started with a commercial to join the cia...how is that for ironic lol
The Following User Says Thank You to preparedmama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 AM
RESET CONGRESS!!

Thanked 13,061 Times in 5,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by preparedmama View Post
loool too funny i just logged in to listen and it started with a commercial to join the cia...how is that for ironic lol
LOL!.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Editor, Ready Magazine

I have been giving thought to opening a internet radio, starting a pod cast or possibly starting a Ustream network for preparedness. I have all of the software and I am willing to use some of my free time to record or live cast, but it is a pretty big job. Anyone else interested?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ric_Knight For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Survivor

I'm interested in knowing (presently don't have a clue) what hardware/software/KNOW-HOW is required.

Last edited by Katrina Guy; 07-20-2009 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: forgot KNOW-HOW, the most imporant aspect
Old 07-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Hiker

Cool thought Ric Knight. Let us know.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 AM
radioactive

Thanked 1,004 Times in 380 Posts

I wonder if they would let me join the CIA? After all,I am a domestic terrorist by DHS definitions.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Editor, Ready Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina Guy View Post
I'm interested in knowing (presently don't have a clue) what hardware/software/KNOW-HOW is required.
It depends on what kind of program you want to do. If you are doing an audio podcast you need a good mic, something to record it on to and a computer program to edit the files together and save it as an MP3 file. Unless you have the need for the Adobe products I suggest a program called Audacity. (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) With this program your computer also becomes your recording device.

Once it is in MP3 format, you need a place on the web to post it and an RSS feed to let everyone know when you post a new one. With the exception of the RSS XML file everything is pretty easy to do.

A video podcast is pretty much the same, only now you need a video recording device such as a MiniDV or HDD camcorder. I suggest you stay away from using web cams as the video is very poor. You costs go up because you need to buy video editing software. You can do fine work with Pennacle Studio 12 (http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Home/) which is available for right around $80 at Best Buy. Windows has Live Movie Maker available but I have never been able to make it work so I would advise getting the better stuff.

Also, if you are doing video you will need a crew. Someone to run the camera is invaluable and a real digital video geek makes life much easier.

Ustream (http://www.ustream.tv/) is a whole different ball of wax. It is live streaming, net casting service that is allows you to send both live and prerecorded video and audio from your camera and mic, record the shows and offer them for re-watching in a similar fashion to You-Tube. It is the public access of the 21st Century. With the right tools you can have some pretty high production values.

These are the basics of how these are done. You can get started easily, probably with the equipment you have now for an audio show.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 PM

also, for multiple 'dj's or commentators speaking together as if in a room discussing a topic (but whom live far apart) skype works really well for podcast recording. i'm actually part of a tech podcast and am a commentator, but i really have no idea how the brains of the operation works. <-- and that is really funny to me now that i think about it, since it is a tech related podcast. lol
Old 07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Obamageddon Survivor???

Thanked 1,124 Times in 478 Posts

Quote:
http://www.live365.com/stations/americanpirate

a free online radio station hub...for fun i thought i would type survivalist and lookie lookie what came up ...there are others on there as well....

maybe kev should have a sister radio station as well
Do they have an iPhone app for it?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,661 Times in 3,314 Posts

Quote:

the gov is sponsoring a survivalist radio station??
Old 07-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Survivor

Ric Knight, THANKS for the info for starters.
I've been looking at getting a second hand Canon GL2 for some video work anyway, I'm sure that would cover the video end of things, that said however, I like the audio only aspect more...truer to real "radio", I'm going to click the links you provided, thanks again...I think that would be a cool set up, I've been interviewed on radio (and television before) and know how to handle myself...well....to some degree anyway *LOL*.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Editor, Ready Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina Guy View Post
Ric Knight, THANKS for the info for starters.
I've been looking at getting a second hand Canon GL2 for some video work anyway, I'm sure that would cover the video end of things, that said however, I like the audio only aspect more...truer to real "radio", I'm going to click the links you provided, thanks again...I think that would be a cool set up, I've been interviewed on radio (and television before) and know how to handle myself...well....to some degree anyway *LOL*.
Another quick word of advice. What ever you buy for podcasts, especially for shooting video, make SURE that you can get drivers for you computer. I just replaced my laptop with one that has a 64-bit version of Vista Home Premium and finding the drivers for my camera was a chore and I have yet to find one for my MiniDV. Pawn shops are a great place to get good used electronics, but do your driver research first.