Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Section Tabi Books, Movies & Stories 7 05-31-2014 12:14 PM
For sale section vs. merchant section WolfSpring Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 10-13-2013 11:26 PM
Add a section for a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE section? nightwolf1974 Site Information & Suggestion Box 42 06-02-2013 09:15 PM
Private Sales section and Corporate Sales Section Wigglesdabum Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 06-14-2012 02:40 PM
About the DIY section jfountain2 DIY - Do It Yourself 14 02-13-2012 08:08 PM
Should the religious section be a VIP only section? jfountain2 Religious Discussion 62 01-19-2012 10:32 AM
New section? DarkLight Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 14 09-10-2010 01:56 AM
New File Added: Patriot Act - section by section analysis TcCoVeN Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 04-09-2009 02:18 AM
EDC section? CPL_BS_88 Site Information & Suggestion Box 5 10-21-2008 12:16 AM

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,268 Times in 660 Posts

Advertise Here

I like the change. We're all concerned about different things and this makes it easier to sort through current events.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Grumble69 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody Creature View Post
I believe that this will pass as most new variances of the flu and other respiratory illness have in the past. (bird flu, SARS, Anthrax scare) But this would be a great thread to keep and just change the title to something about impending epidemics etc. And no, Im not saying that this is not a very real and serious threat, it is bad, but not as bad as the media would like it to be. And because I like you guys Ill post some inside info:

Its a novel virus.

Quadruple recombination.

Of human, avian, and 2 versions of pig.

As of 13:52, no mortality in the us.

Good luck and wash your damn hands!
cover your mouth when you sneeze and quit picking your nose,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miller4546 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 AM
the survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms,hillbilly View Post
IMHO i believe that this virus was formed in a lab,and is race specific .now before you call me stupid please here me out....picture this,if the true powers that be want to reduce the global population ,what beter way to do it than with a virus.ok ,thay have ben maping the human genome for the post 20 years and have ben able to find sertan markers that are specific to certan races,with that sead if thay were to make a virus that ataches itself to those sead markers,and neded a test population what beter than the hispanic,(now im not prejidist)but in mexico the killing virus could easily be atributed to the lack of adiquate helth care#1,and it would put a big damper on the drug wars down thear#2,and lets face it not too many people are worried about mexico in general anyways.....so if you put all that into perspective and take into account all the new fema camps being built in this country,and all the fema coffins that are just waiting to be fild,it only stands to reason that this virus was just a trial run for some super bug that is yet to come,and i fear that the next one will target americans citizens,to supress our growing concerns about the current government.
think about it for a minute,what does it usually take to bring all americans togather?a war? a natural desaster? and when that usually happens people forget about past differences.
think about this,if a virus was unleashed on this country that is specific to the people here,and mass amounts of people start dying, then do you really believe thear would be any more talk about tea parties or states sovernty or constitunal rights???....no....,people would gladly give up whatever the government wants to save thear life or the lives of thear loved ones.............just my 2 cents,i really hope im wrong on this
You are spot on with this information. You are not wrong. God willing we will be among the few that prevail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to survivor01 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 03:54 AM

Hey Kiv here is a site I go to to keep up on how many are suspected of, infected, or quarantined. Confirmed and unconfirmed World Wide;
http://www.idemc.org/?area=usa
The Following User Says Thank You to saygon1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,231 Times in 555 Posts

I just found out today when i got home from work , that my youngest grandson has H1N1. He is the first and only person I know who has gotten it. Thank god this flu is'nt as bad as the gov was saying it was going to be. I do however think that H1N1 is a man made illness.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller4546 View Post
cover your mouth when you sneeze and quit picking your nose,
And WASH YOUR HANDS!

It never ceases to amaze me how many men go into a public restroom and don't wash their hands after peeing and especially after doing a #2.

I wonder why we all don't just die from these germs. Yuck!

Donate to help this forum.
www.survivalistboards.com/payments.php

New Solar Powered Backup Generator Provides Instant Electrical Power In Any Outage Or Disaster.
http://images.ultracart.com/aff/E1DE...800/index.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixelguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 PM

For some different points of view, google FSIS swine flu. FSIS stands for Food Safety and Inspection Service which is a very large branch under the US Department of Agriculture. Along the lines of ms. Hillbilly, check out the book, Death In The Air by Dr. Horwitz. He gives some information worth thinking about. He also wrote Emerging Viruses. I have not read the latter book. He has a website at www.tetrahedron.org
I am a newbie to forums. This is the first one I have joined. I posted about 20 minutes ago but was told the site was down. So this may be a bit of a repeat.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiraBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 AM

It helps greatly to have a foundational knowledge of epidemiology, public health as practiced in the United States, and preventive medicine when considering H1N1 or any other number of microbes be it viruses or otherwise. Armed with such information, this can help even the layman make more informed choices for protecting self/family/community. The first site has a slide show that introduces epidemiology in everyday language. The other site gives a short overview then references to other excellent resources for the subject. Hope this helps.
epidemiology. ...
pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec19061/index.htm courses.washington.edu/envh111/resources.html
The Following User Says Thank You to NiraBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I also cook..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfish View Post
I heard the other day that the swine flu was manufactured.
.. and the vaccine was manufactured at the same time. More efficient and more profitable that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Furrbrain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
When all else fails......

Thanked 6,036 Times in 1,831 Posts
Unhappy Its back folks

This thread has been dormant since 3-16-2010...........well wake up folks,

ITS BACK.

In for another run of this nasty virus, this time Asia. Start your research now because its going to be here soon enough. Read a lot of the posts on here and you guys know what your talking about so get back to finding more info. This thing is a killer.
The Following User Says Thank You to alaska_freedom For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM

thank's for the info, did not know about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to redcobra6 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 01:04 PM

I will take all the appropriate action on this, and be watchfull on this.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piks7275 View Post
will wait to take the vaccine to see how many ppl get sicker from it than the flu itself
The vaccine has actually been out for 3 years. 2 years ago it was a separate vaccine from Influenza B, but the last 2 years it has been combined with the regular Influenza vaccine. I have personally given over 1,000 vaccinations (I am a certified immunizing pharmacist) to many different ethnicities and have of course received it myself. I'm still here, and so are my patients
The Following User Says Thank You to Murflyfisher For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Deo VIndice

Thanked 4,135 Times in 2,391 Posts

Guess I'm lucky, I haven't had the flu since 1992 and I refuse to take the needle.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,268 Times in 660 Posts

Need to keep H5N1 aka bird flu on the long range radar scope. Researchers have been monkeying around with the virus to see what it takes for it be able to spread easily and maintain its lethality. That's not the worrisome part. The issue is that these man-made versions and what's currently circulating are not all that far apart. There have been a handful of cases that have popped up where the person got infected, claimed no exposure to poultry, and then later died. So there's the distinct possibility we could be a year or two away from something that is Stephen King like.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:18 AM

Default something to watch

thanks for sharing, i will definatley be watching more and more of what the cdc and who are up to.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:25 PM

getting started
Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 AM
Hunter

Yes it's always good to keep an eye on them as not everything makes the headlines. Selective reporting, bury on page 38
Old 08-31-2012, 03:41 AM
Deo VIndice

Thanked 4,135 Times in 2,391 Posts

Yeah the MSM is bad about letting others influence how/what they report...
Closed Thread