Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Section Tabi Books, Movies & Stories 7 05-31-2014 12:14 PM
For sale section vs. merchant section WolfSpring Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 10-13-2013 11:26 PM
Add a section for a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE section? nightwolf1974 Site Information & Suggestion Box 42 06-02-2013 09:15 PM
Private Sales section and Corporate Sales Section Wigglesdabum Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 06-14-2012 02:40 PM
About the DIY section jfountain2 DIY - Do It Yourself 14 02-13-2012 08:08 PM
Should the religious section be a VIP only section? jfountain2 Religious Discussion 62 01-19-2012 10:32 AM
New section? DarkLight Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 14 09-10-2010 01:56 AM
New File Added: Patriot Act - section by section analysis TcCoVeN Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 04-09-2009 02:18 AM
EDC section? CPL_BS_88 Site Information & Suggestion Box 5 10-21-2008 12:16 AM

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,280 Times in 7,847 Posts
Default New section

Advertise Here

I was waiting to see what was going to happen with this "swine flu" stuff. And what I was really waiting for is 3rd or 4th generation human to human transmission.

News reports were just released that "hundreds" in New york are now sick and are suspected to be cases of swine flu - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518262,00.html

The story on FoxNews is confirmed by this yahoo news article - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/...x1ZGVhdGhzcw--

BUT - the center for disease control has not confirmed the "hundreds" of new cases. This is one thing I am really waiting on, is the reports from the CDC and WHO.

In response to these early non-confirmed reports that there are hundreds of new cases, I pulled this forum section out of storage and renamed it to the swine flu section.

Please post your news articles, opinions and anything else you have about the swine flu in this section.

If this thing turns out to be nothing, all of the threads will be moved back into the general preparedness section and this forum section moved back into storage.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
I feel good.... . . .

I believe that this will pass as most new variances of the flu and other respiratory illness have in the past. (bird flu, SARS, Anthrax scare) But this would be a great thread to keep and just change the title to something about impending epidemics etc. And no, Im not saying that this is not a very real and serious threat, it is bad, but not as bad as the media would like it to be. And because I like you guys Ill post some inside info:

Its a novel virus.

Quadruple recombination.

Of human, avian, and 2 versions of pig.

As of 13:52, no mortality in the us.

Good luck and wash your damn hands!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woody Creature For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Knocked Down But Up Again

Location: Next stop: Willoughby! This train stops at Willoughby!
Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,459 Posts

Thanks for opening a sub-forum dedicated to this subject. It is much appreciated.

Proverbs 27:12 New Living Translation

Help to keep this forum going by donating TODAY! https://www.survivalistboards.com/payments.php

Last edited by Brimasmom; 04-28-2009 at 07:17 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Brimasmom For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 07:55 PM
RIP America 1776-2012

Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,004 Posts

Whether or not this virus takes off, I think a sub forum dedicated to it is a good idea. It will give us a chance to see first hand just how bad it's getting without having to rely on the MSM.

Thanks for starting it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SIXPACK For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,914 Times in 1,770 Posts

This will likely be an eye opener for some in the near future. Will be a well considered scenario in the future. Definitely turned me on to the "NBC" channel of sorts.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Target Shooter

Now humans are spreading it to swine http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...TorontoNewHome
The Following User Says Thank You to Forge For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM

It is only gonna get worse
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 8,762 Times in 2,664 Posts

Hopefully these new hundreds are not from a "recombined" strain.

T
Old 05-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Hiker

IMHO i believe that this virus was formed in a lab,and is race specific .now before you call me stupid please here me out....picture this,if the true powers that be want to reduce the global population ,what beter way to do it than with a virus.ok ,thay have ben maping the human genome for the post 20 years and have ben able to find sertan markers that are specific to certan races,with that sead if thay were to make a virus that ataches itself to those sead markers,and neded a test population what beter than the hispanic,(now im not prejidist)but in mexico the killing virus could easily be atributed to the lack of adiquate helth care#1,and it would put a big damper on the drug wars down thear#2,and lets face it not too many people are worried about mexico in general anyways.....so if you put all that into perspective and take into account all the new fema camps being built in this country,and all the fema coffins that are just waiting to be fild,it only stands to reason that this virus was just a trial run for some super bug that is yet to come,and i fear that the next one will target americans citizens,to supress our growing concerns about the current government.
think about it for a minute,what does it usually take to bring all americans togather?a war? a natural desaster? and when that usually happens people forget about past differences.
think about this,if a virus was unleashed on this country that is specific to the people here,and mass amounts of people start dying, then do you really believe thear would be any more talk about tea parties or states sovernty or constitunal rights???....no....,people would gladly give up whatever the government wants to save thear life or the lives of thear loved ones.............just my 2 cents,i really hope im wrong on this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ms,hillbilly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2009, 12:12 AM

I heard the other day that the swine flu was manufactured.
The Following User Says Thank You to ironfish For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 07:31 PM

it is not that bad only 300 or so people passed away because of the swine flu but he regular flu kills over a 1000 people.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeerHunter49 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Healer

Within the USA, there are 27,717 confirmed and probable cases and there have been only 127 deaths due to Swine Flu as of 6/25/09, according to the data at this site: http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to Psimajick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 PM

hey have you checked out the contaiment unit,it kills the flu ,and other viruses,
he does it with light and I don't see much about it just wonding why its not used more.
I think his name was joe you can look at it at yoursmartroom.net,
please let me know what you think seems like we should all be useing it.
[email protected]
The Following User Says Thank You to itsmeallen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2009, 12:27 AM

and stay away from the vaccines! Wait till people start taking the vaccines and then see what the numbers are (but don't make a judgment until all 2 or 3 shots have been taken and incubated for a couple of weeks).
Old 09-02-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
I was waiting to see what was going to happen with this "swine flu" stuff. And what I was really waiting for is 3rd or 4th generation human to human transmission.

News reports were just released that "hundreds" in New york are now sick and are suspected to be cases of swine flu - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518262,00.html

The story on FoxNews is confirmed by this yahoo news article - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/...x1ZGVhdGhzcw--

BUT - the center for disease control has not confirmed the "hundreds" of new cases. This is one thing I am really waiting on, is the reports from the CDC and WHO.

In response to these early non-confirmed reports that there are hundreds of new cases, I pulled this forum section out of storage and renamed it to the swine flu section.

Please post your news articles, opinions and anything else you have about the swine flu in this section.

If this thing turns out to be nothing, all of the threads will be moved back into the general preparedness section and this forum section moved back into storage.
will wait to take the vaccine to see how many ppl get sicker from it than the flu itself
The Following User Says Thank You to piks7275 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms,hillbilly View Post
IMHO i believe that this virus was formed in a lab,and is race specific .now before you call me stupid please here me out....picture this,if the true powers that be want to reduce the global population ,what beter way to do it than with a virus.ok ,thay have ben maping the human genome for the post 20 years and have ben able to find sertan markers that are specific to certan races,with that sead if thay were to make a virus that ataches itself to those sead markers,and neded a test population what beter than the hispanic,(now im not prejidist)but in mexico the killing virus could easily be atributed to the lack of adiquate helth care#1,and it would put a big damper on the drug wars down thear#2,and lets face it not too many people are worried about mexico in general anyways.....so if you put all that into perspective and take into account all the new fema camps being built in this country,and all the fema coffins that are just waiting to be fild,it only stands to reason that this virus was just a trial run for some super bug that is yet to come,and i fear that the next one will target americans citizens,to supress our growing concerns about the current government.
think about it for a minute,what does it usually take to bring all americans togather?a war? a natural desaster? and when that usually happens people forget about past differences.
think about this,if a virus was unleashed on this country that is specific to the people here,and mass amounts of people start dying, then do you really believe thear would be any more talk about tea parties or states sovernty or constitunal rights???....no....,people would gladly give up whatever the government wants to save thear life or the lives of thear loved ones.............just my 2 cents,i really hope im wrong on this
if I cant trust the gov do anything else good i tend to think they would do a lot bad
The Following User Says Thank You to piks7275 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms,hillbilly View Post

And what would it take to keep people from gathering together to fight injustice or whatever? Fear of sickness.

Ms. Hillbilly, you may have a point.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maggie357 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 02:40 PM

I'm sorry to say but it appears to me that this whole mess can be summed up as eugenics. The worlds population is getting too big, and what is being done is the massacre of those that do not have the intelligence to see this for what it is. I thank all that take the time to post the truth for all who are not brain dead to clearly see.
The Following User Says Thank You to knot2smart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Grog

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/main/news/23584/

Serbia Declares Swine Flu Epidemic
Published on 11-11-2009

Source: BalkanInsight - Bojana Barlovac

Serbian Health Minister Tomica Milosavljevic has announced a swine flu epidemic in the country, meaning that nation-wide emergency vaccination can be carried out.

“This act.. is primarily aimed to establish legal requirements for emergency immunisations. Nothing spectacular that hasn’t been happening these days will occur now that an epidemic has been declared,” the minister said at a press conference Wednesday.

By declaring an epidemic, the government will also be able to prohibit public gatherings if deemed necessary, as well as give the power to authorities to carry out special epidemiological surveillance.
The minister said he took his decision upon the recommendations of the working group set up to monitor the A/H1N1 virus in the country.

The country has registered 258 swine flu cases so far and eight fatalities. The Serbian government has provided additional funds to purchase three million doses of vaccines against the infection.

The Institute for Health Insurance has announced that a contract with Swiss company Novartis for the procurement of vaccines is supposed to be signed on Thursday. The chairman of the Commission for Procurement of Vaccines, Branislav Tiodorovic, expressed his hope that most of the vaccine doses will be delivered to Serbia by the end of January, broadcaster Mtsmondo reports.

Vaccination will initially target priority groups including children, people with chronic conditions, pregnant women and health and public employees.

Serbia will be one of the first countries in Europe outside the EU to start a new vaccination against influenza, which is supposed to begin in the first half of December, the minister said. About 17 European countries have already started vaccination while another eight have announced they will do it from November, said Milosavljevic.

Regarding speculations about possible side effects of the vaccine against swine flu, Assistant Minister of Health Ruzica Nikolic said that some 40 million people worldwide have been vaccinated so far without side effects.

In the meantime, the government has already extended the school autumn break until Monday.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,280 Times in 7,847 Posts

The swine flu section has been renamed to the Manmade and Natural Disasters. This covers everything such as - Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars and of course the swine flu h1n1.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread