Fallout 4 Finally Announced! - Page 10 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

The Tech Zone Discussion on computers, software and games.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kearney FAllout Meter: DIY Foil Electroscope Fallout Meter KarlMarx DIY - Do It Yourself 5 05-27-2014 01:00 PM
Star Wars 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 announced blackkitty Books, Movies & Stories 22 10-31-2012 10:49 AM
Fed Decision Announced at 12:30 EST Bud Financial Forum 26 09-13-2012 02:01 PM
New Magpul PMAG announced Gladius Military Weapons Forum 17 01-18-2012 10:47 PM
Fallout 3/ Fallout: New Vegas Bryan Swift The Tech Zone 62 01-05-2012 07:39 PM
2011 Ig Award Winners Just Announced!! blackkitty General Discussion 1 09-30-2011 04:06 AM
Occupy Chicago Announced blackkitty General Discussion 12 09-24-2011 04:50 AM
Brand new Ruger announced today Il Duce Pistol and Revolver Forum 1 01-03-2011 02:14 PM
New Commission to study WMD's announced JRNC26 General Discussion 3 05-18-2008 03:26 PM

Old 12-21-2017, 05:03 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,299 Times in 594 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve37 View Post
In reality, all ghouls would be miserable, rotting, without skin, people would be disgusted by them and they would be disgusted by themselves. And because of this, their charisma would be pretty much zero, they would be all sarcastic, sad, angry, hatefilled, etc. Raul's character was really rude, and don't even start me on Roy, Roy is a real bastard, murdering everyone in the Tenpenny tower. :o

over on reddit they were saying the ghouls would have a higher suicide rate then the japanese
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to jwf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2017, 05:03 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHauler View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

You ain't gon last long once the bombs drop bro.
what bombs?
Old 12-22-2017, 02:15 AM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Thanked 46,306 Times in 9,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwf View Post
Hancock is my favorite follower, in NV it was Raul ...They seem to do a good job with the the Ghoul followers.
Was Raul the Vaquero? Yeah, he was my usual follower in New Vegas. I had the Courier basically outfitted like a Wild West drifter/gunslinger type.

My main follower in FO4 is Macready. Sometimes it's the dog. Hancock might need to rotate in sometime though. The dude is right up our alley, what with all the freedom and liberty minded people around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2017, 03:05 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
Was Raul the Vaquero? Yeah, he was my usual follower in New Vegas. I had the Courier basically outfitted like a Wild West drifter/gunslinger type.

My main follower in FO4 is Macready. Sometimes it's the dog. Hancock might need to rotate in sometime though. The dude is right up our alley, what with all the freedom and liberty minded people around here.
Raul was the mexican gunslinger, the follower i hated was the homosexual scientist.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:47 AM
King of Canada

Thanked 9,057 Times in 3,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post

I can't stand Macready. I just use him until I get his headshot perk or whatever it is.

I like Hancock, but can't stand his voice. So I only use him until I get his perk.

I like Cait, I like being able to help an addict since I was one.

Piper annoys the **** out of me, but her perk adds to my squirrel stews, and romance rests, pew stops, etc.

Buzzlightyear of the BOS can get ****ed.

Same with the Super Mutant. Hating on my lockpicking? Get ****ed.

Garvey really ****es me off, same with Codswallop.

I like playing a Minuteman character, but can't stand Garvey.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavyHauler For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 05:01 AM
Hunter

Quote:
I can't stand Macready. I just use him until I get his headshot perk or whatever it is.

I like Hancock, but can't stand his voice. So I only use him until I get his perk.

I like Cait, I like being able to help an addict since I was one.

Piper annoys the **** out of me, but her perk adds to my squirrel stews, and romance rests, pew stops, etc.

Buzzlightyear of the BOS can get ****ed.

Same with the Super Mutant. Hating on my lockpicking? Get ****ed.

Garvey really ****es me off, same with Codswallop.

I like playing a Minuteman character, but can't stand Garvey.
Why dont you like Garvey?
Old 12-24-2017, 08:26 AM
IDon'tBelieveInGiraffes.

The day my girlfriend walked in the door with a copy of Fallout 4 was the day that I became a Fallout 4 addict lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Bevis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 09:51 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bevis View Post
The day my girlfriend walked in the door with a copy of Fallout 4 was the day that I became a Fallout 4 addict lol
Fallout 3 and NV is worth playing ,I liked the karma and companion system better then FO4s even.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 04:43 PM
King of Canada

Quote:
Fallout 3 and NV is worth playing ,I liked the karma and companion system better then FO4s even.
I've only played Fallout 4, once I get a computer going; I'll get all of the emulators.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeavyHauler For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Amat victoria curam

Thanked 2,193 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Why dont you like Garvey?
Needy judgemental and Neverending settlement rescues.

I'll take dogmeat or McCready his vats bonus and 95 % head shot chance is nice since it required nothing special to activate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [_]ni/\/\og For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 07:37 PM
King of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_]ni/\/\og View Post
Needy judgemental and Neverending settlement rescues.

I'll take dogmeat or McCready his vats bonus and 95 % head shot chance is nice since it required nothing special to activate.
This^ Garvey is a whiny **** who can barely keep his people alive. You take charge and do everything for the Minute Men. I love the Minute Men faction, I like helping settlers and building up their settlements; but more help from the actual Minute Men would be appreciated.

My raider character "Scab" is currently level 32 and working mostly with the Minute Men at this point, just to build the settlements, betray Garvey and the Minute Men and then take over the Commonwealth, playing the opposite of my main character.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavyHauler For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Hunter

Quote:
This^ Garvey is a whiny **** who can barely keep his people alive. You take charge and do everything for the Minute Men. I love the Minute Men faction, I like helping settlers and building up their settlements; but more help from the actual Minute Men would be appreciated.

My raider character "Scab" is currently level 32 and working mostly with the Minute Men at this point, just to build the settlements, betray Garvey and the Minute Men and then take over the Commonwealth, playing the opposite of my main character.
So basically you created A Canadian.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Hiker

Hm. There was a mission-line that failed on me, not because I messed it up, but because of a game glitch. There is a mission about a University, full of monsters. You have to kill all the monsters and then you step closer to finish the other missions. BUT, I killed every single monster there, yet, the game said I didn't. So the mission just stuck there, and I cannot do anything about it.

Let's say I was really unhappy about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve37 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 12:26 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve37 View Post
Hm. There was a mission-line that failed on me, not because I messed it up, but because of a game glitch. There is a mission about a University, full of monsters. You have to kill all the monsters and then you step closer to finish the other missions. BUT, I killed every single monster there, yet, the game said I didn't. So the mission just stuck there, and I cannot do anything about it.

Let's say I was really unhappy about it.
Its a Bethesda game, its gonna be glitchy. I personally have got used to it and accept it. I had the same issue you had and could not finish Nuka World in my last play through.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:48 AM
Hiker

There was a glitch on New Vegas too. I showed up at a place, where supermutants killed a group of men. Then the mutant leader told me to talk with the men. (Who were already dead...)

And a Fallout 3 glitch, where I cannot get out of New California Republic. Did visit a farmer, but when I wanted to leave, I cannot turn off the force field gate. I had tools and everything, but the force field stayed.

I had no problem with Fallout 1 and Fallout 3 though. Fallout Tactics was also glitch-free.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve37 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 01:19 AM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,226 Times in 4,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongRoad View Post
So the news I've been waiting for, for the better part of 5 years, finally came out yesterday. Fallout 4, successor to Fallout 3 which is arguably the greatest post-apocalypse game (greatest game ever in my opinion) is now available to pre-order on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

No game has ever had me so excited and engrossed in its gameplay, as much as Fallout 3 did. The sheer scope of it was groundbreaking, every last detail accounted for. Honestly, as a fairly young survival minded person, if it wasn't for things like Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide, shows like The Walking Dead and games like Fallout 3, I doubt I would've taken such an interest in 'prepping'.

If you've not played Fallout 3, you're doing yourself a disservice. For all of you that like to read post-apocalypse fiction and watch SHTF movies, what better avenue than actually being able to virtually live through all of these scenarios without all of the suffering that comes with it? Fallout 3 is your answer. And now, Fallout 4 will be coming soon. So excited!

Watch the trailer here: http://www.fallout4.com/

I'm not always a nerd, but when I nerd, I nerd all the way.
If you want to play on a laptop, Lenovo Y410p/510p/520p, will be more than adequate. You can also purchase add on video cards to put in the DVD bay, giving you a total of 4gb video ram, and nVidia 755 graphics. These computers also come with an Intel i7-4700mq (Quad core) processor, running at 2.4ghz. More than enough to run the game. You can upgrade the processor to an i7-4900mq, for a blazing 3.6ghz, but that's going to be a bit of an investment.They're pretty reasonably priced on Ebay. I have a Y410p, and haven't found anything it won't run yet. I would put at least 8gb/PC3-12800 ram in it. 12, or 16 would be better.

If you can lay your hands on a ThinkPad T440p/T540p (NOT the T440, or T440s!), with nVidia NVS-730m graphics, and an i7 processor, that would work too.

I looked at the system requirements for that game, and they're not that stiff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 05:32 AM
Amat victoria curam

Thanked 2,193 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Its a Bethesda game, its gonna be glitchy. I personally have got used to it and accept it. I had the same issue you had and could not finish Nuka World in my last play through.
Wouldn't be the game we all love without a few. I had to play several different characters before Tinker Tom of the railroad faction gave me the ballistics weave option in dialog. That plus the mk5 coat is nice set of armor though.

New Vegas before the patch the cazadors wasp things were dang near impossible to kill if you ran into a nest.

Glitches and oversight fallout how I love thee
The Following User Says Thank You to [_]ni/\/\og For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2017, 10:12 AM
King of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
If you want to play on a laptop, Lenovo Y410p/510p/520p, will be more than adequate. You can also purchase add on video cards to put in the DVD bay, giving you a total of 4gb video ram, and nVidia 755 graphics. These computers also come with an Intel i7-4700mq (Quad core) processor, running at 2.4ghz. More than enough to run the game. You can upgrade the processor to an i7-4900mq, for a blazing 3.6ghz, but that's going to be a bit of an investment.They're pretty reasonably priced on Ebay. I have a Y410p, and haven't found anything it won't run yet. I would put at least 8gb/PC3-12800 ram in it. 12, or 16 would be better.

If you can lay your hands on a ThinkPad T440p/T540p (NOT the T440, or T440s!), with nVidia NVS-730m graphics, and an i7 processor, that would work too.

I looked at the system requirements for that game, and they're not that stiff.
It's the game mods, once you get into modding. They can be a huge drain depending on the mod.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:11 PM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,226 Times in 4,328 Posts

Quote:
It's the game mods, once you get into modding. They can be a huge drain depending on the mod.
That is true, but this system is right at the "recommended" requirements, and would run it, and the mod work, just fine.

This computer is 4-5 yrs old.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-y510...19.m1438.l2649

The y410p is a less expensive version of the same gamer, with the same specs, but 14.1" in size.

A used y410p, in this configuration can be had as low as $400, in good, working order. I've seen them cheaper. Mine, I only paid $175 for it, and needed to replace the screen at $100.

Just sayin'
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 08:33 PM
King of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
That is true, but this system is right at the "recommended" requirements, and would run it, and the mod work, just fine.

This computer is 4-5 yrs old.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-y510...19.m1438.l2649

The y410p is a less expensive version of the same gamer, with the same specs, but 14.1" in size.

A used y410p, in this configuration can be had as low as $400, in good, working order. I've seen them cheaper. Mine, I only paid $175 for it, and needed to replace the screen at $100.

Just sayin'
I'll have to take a look, I know nothing about computers; but I would like to build one to play Fallout, and do my photo/video work on.