The Day After the Dollar Crashes - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dollar Tree is buying Family Dollar BigJim Financial Forum 11 08-19-2014 01:28 AM
US Dollar vs. Canadian Dollar, need this weeks quotes, please.Thanks Deo Gratias! Financial Forum 3 03-07-2014 10:59 AM
The Day After The Dollar Crashes - A Survival Guide Halkon Financial Forum 17 09-12-2011 09:04 AM
US Dollar and the Canadian Dollar Exchange Rate survivalistmomma Financial Forum 1 02-23-2011 10:07 AM
Interesting YouTube: The Day After The Dollar Crashes Graywolf Financial Forum 2 02-04-2011 04:29 AM
US Govt matches every dollar of tax revenue with a dollar in new debt survivalistmomma Financial Forum 2 08-28-2010 04:57 PM
Canadian Dollar Worth More than US Dollar Slasher Financial Forum 1 04-07-2010 01:31 PM
How Can Localities Cope if the Dollar Crashes? seafarer Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 4 01-22-2010 03:55 PM
Iran Venezuela call US Dollar "worthless paperĒ.Ditch dollar Capo General Discussion 13 11-09-2009 08:46 PM
DOW Crashes 411man General Discussion 12 02-23-2009 10:12 PM

Old 02-01-2011, 02:12 PM

Default The Day After the Dollar Crashes

Advertise Here

At home due to the snowmageddon in the Midwest and wanted to hear some of your thoughts on your opinion of the timeline between day one after the dollar crashes/is dumped to one month later.

[B]A few questions to mull over:[/B]
How long before Banks close after wall street crash?
How long before there are riots in US cities?
How long before store shelves are picked clean?
To what degree to does distribution of food and goods break down?
What do you think state and federal response will be?
How will existing personal debt be handled in a post-dollar economy? [If Banks, close, and unemployment goes over 30% what about mortgages]
What do you see as the likelihood of the Internet kill switch being used by the US government?
For those of you who are bugging out what is your personal trigger to G.O.O.D.?
At what point do you see W.R.O.L.?
If utilities workers are not getting paid, and/or staying homw to protect families how does that end up affecting the grid?

I know there are a lot of questions, just interested to hear others thoughts.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shamgar57 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,350 Times in 3,471 Posts

I finished reading this book yesterday. Don't waste your time. This author isn't looking to survive the fall of the dollar, he's looking to EMBRACE the New World Order. Though this book is filled with some real gems, let me give you a quote from the book that sums up how he feels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Vickers
Once we stop wasting the energy and resources used to maintain individual nationalism, once we get the self-righteous, posturing political leaders out of the way, a New World Order can get down to the business of increasing global efficiency and economic and environmental sustainability.
While I agree that posturing leaders can be a problem, he clearly favors giving up national identity (he does throw a few bones about "protecting cultures", but it's nonsense) in favor of global collectivism. He also goes on to say, regarding each nations place in this utopian New World Order:

Quote:
I think instead we might see nations represented more as states of a global government.
This author is cut from the UN globalist cloth. When you get to the end of book, you can tell he is pining for the day that the NWO takes over.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deadmeat99 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 02:49 PM

Default thanks for the heads up on the book

Sounds like a Zbiginew Brezenski disciple. Still interested in people's thoughts on how it goes down in the US once the dollar is dropped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM

OK, my kneejerk thoughts:

1. I think the dollar will go down, but when we see it on TV - it will be only after others in the know have completely exited and situated for phase II. The Bloomberg, CNBC Money Honeys, etc. will be show and sadly, many if not most will take the propagana as the truth. We are conditioned to believe the TV, and not critical thought.

2. I think the goal is a one-world-currency, as it gives even more power and ability to rape us and separate with great distance; the have's and have nots.

3. I disagree with the popular view that with the transition to a one world currency, they will make it nice and neat to switch over (unit a = unit b) or savings of $10,000 US now is worth 10,000 SDR's.

They are not worried too much about those on the dole now. I think they want and will allow the wealth of real savers be hammered hard first (before an option is made known), wherein the decision of most hard working Americans will be in panic mode to move over to the new currency and it cannot happen fast enough, before they loose everything they have saved. Now, under these conditions, you have a more eager populous that will be willing to work and the ability to rebuild their nest egg. These folks will not be motivated to fight - they will - in this condition - be motivated to survive and get back to the fantasy land of yesterday. There will be no going back.

4. I believe that this economy is in a controlled crash. Therefore, those that know what is going on, realize that they will only get one, maybe two, shots at bringing us to our absolute knees. They are not going to let this be another economic blip, they are bringing 'game to this destruction. They must destroy our will to fight, then, they can go after our ability.

5. I think it is important to note that with the constitutionally mandated right to keep and bear arms here in the US is important, and even if they are hell bent on taking them, the reality is that they won't/can't in a timely fashion. At least I think SHTF before this. Although it may be obvious to most, having guns and the right to carry/use them does make a difference, and we cannot therefore simply say what we are seeing in Egypt, Tunesia, etc. is what we will see here. The only similarities are the opening days/weeks of somewhat peaceful protests. When it starts to hurt (food, water), the pain will not be televised for us to watch and decide what we would do.

6. I don't believe that the rest of the world really gives a damn about what happens here in the US, but they should. It is my strong belief, that the world will be a VERY different and scary place without the US. As corrupt as we are - AND WE ARE - I think we do bring some level of good to the rest of the world. I don't think anyone can take our place. China? Please. The EU? Please. Our Constitution is unlike any other charter, ever.

7. I don't believe we have lost. In fact, I believe that many of us are waking up, prepping for disturbances and survival, and can see the writing on the wall, and will turn this around - with a fight. When the US won it's freedom, it had to fight for it. Only 3% of the colony population was engaged in fighting or formally setting up our country. The rest were either indifferent and not wanting to rock the boat or, actually against the rebellion - in favor of the security and safety of British Rule.

The dollar is toast, but the dollar does not define this country. We have not lost. Many are waking up. I think Boston Tea Party 2.0 is on the horizon.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gear-Head For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
What would Mal do

Thanked 7,688 Times in 2,582 Posts

well..looks like somebody had fun making their lil movie.

1) Egypt has already shown that this guy's math is wrong. In just one week of just protesting, we've seen 100 dead, 1,000s injured, market shutdown, comms shut down, public transportation to avoid facilitating further protest populations shut down.

2) His comments, "fishermen will still fish, farmers will farm"....no..they won't...gotta have a lot of fuel to run a shrimp or fishing boat of any size...and tractors, and getting it to market...yes, those people will at least be able to eat themselves...but at some point their govt will coming looking for income tax..desperately needed revenues and the farmer will be forced at some point to sell at a greatly reduced value/dollar or let his crops rot in the field.

3) banks/wall street will shut down mid stream just to protect themselves..and with computer trading..they dan do it...if you knew how close First Union/Wachovia was to turning off the tap a couple years back....your bank records would say that you had money..but you wouldn't be able to get to it..or to all of it..you would not have control of your investments.

4) I've been on the unemployment roster recently... I know how fast the bills back up and how many systems are in place to collect that debt..to foreclose on your home, etc..if not the bank, then some arm of it, or subcontractor will be out there executing documents as fast as possible. I had resources enough to hold on til work came again..but I know many who did not and lost it all....I no longer have the resources to endure another year of unemployment like I recently went through...so the next wave..which I do believe is coming...will take me and many others like me..and that means no tax revenues and that means a lot of other folks who rely on what the govt steals from me..will not be getting their monthly check in the mail.

as for how fast people will behave badly?...some don't need much excuse...others will become self justified in less than 2 weeks...some folks will actual profit and prosper during such times.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bighanded For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 9,305 Times in 4,625 Posts

I don't know what's going to happen. But I will be long since dead so it doesn't matter.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamgar57 View Post

A few questions to mull over:
How will existing personal debt be handled in a post-dollar economy? [If Banks, close, and unemployment goes over 30% what about mortgages]
What do you see as the likelihood of the Internet kill switch being used by the US government?
If utilities workers are not getting paid, and/or staying homw to protect families how does that end up affecting the grid?

The president would declare a state of emergency and then the feds will mobilize military and national guard nationalize everything farms, energy suppliers, distribution centers

what happens after ?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Hiker

He must have been thrilled with the EU when they came out with the Euro as a common currency. It's not doing too well, so his theory, I'm guessing, falls flat in actual practice.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:45 PM
American fearmaker

Thanked 27,308 Times in 8,791 Posts

I think right now that, if the elections go right in 2012, our nation MIGHT turn itself around and the dollar may not collapse. Trouble is that with the present lunatics in Congress and in the White House we're pretty much assured disaster. We need somebody who is capable of pulling things together, re-starting the economy and putting new jobs in place. I don't think that FDR's old tricks will work again. We need something original that doesn't involve trickle down anything but, instead, works off of a flooding down of some sort. This constant 10% unemployed isn't remaining at the 10% level. It's gone in actuality from 10% to a downward spiral of about 35 to 40% and nobody's catching that issue.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 152,752 Times in 44,507 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:

You're asking questions that none of us can accurately answer. But I figure things will start to fall apart pretty quickly since most people keep their money in the bank and use "plastic money" instead.

About the most accurate data we actually have is what happened to Argentina when their economy crashed. Also, you can look back into Germany's Weimar Regime and see how people reacted to hyperinflation. But things are different in today's electronic currency world.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Dirty or clean.Wet or dry

Thanked 1,908 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear-Head View Post

4. I believe that this economy is in a controlled crash. Therefore, those that know what is going on, realize that they will only get one, maybe two, shots at bringing us to our absolute knees. They are not going to let this be another economic blip, they are bringing 'game to this destruction. They must destroy our will to fight, then, they can go after our ability.

5. I think it is important to note that with the constitutionally mandated right to keep and bear arms here in the US is important, and even if they are hell bent on taking them, the reality is that they won't/can't in a timely fashion. At least I think SHTF before this. Although it may be obvious to most, having guns and the right to carry/use them does make a difference, and we cannot therefore simply say what we are seeing in Egypt, Tunesia, etc. is what we will see here. The only similarities are the opening days/weeks of somewhat peaceful protests. When it starts to hurt (food, water), the pain will not be televised for us to watch and decide what we would do.
This controlled and we won't know truly know when SHTF, there nationwide blackout.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 44,974 Times in 13,155 Posts

You'll have to excuse me for being a spoilsport but....

just what exactly is supposed to make the dollar go from the reserve currency of the world to worthless, in my lifetime? 'Cause I'd really like to know.

Frankly, anything that would cause that to happen would mean we have a huge SHTF situation on our hands already, the uselessness of fiat currency will be an afterthought.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Capability, not scenarios

Thanked 29,271 Times in 8,661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post

just what exactly is supposed to make the dollar go from the reserve currency of the world to worthless, in my lifetime? 'Cause I'd really like to know.

Frankly, anything that would cause that to happen would mean we have a huge SHTF situation on our hands already, the uselessness of fiat currency will be an afterthought.
Here's one: Printing trillions of dollars to finance deficit spending.

Imagine how excited China is to be holding somewhere around a trillion in United States treasury securities, knowing the U.S. is going to inflate its debt away?

Imagine everyone else holding dollar-denominated instruments or investments.

When the value of the dollar drops, will such countries and such people be excited to continue holding their holdings as the value drops, or do you think they'll be inclined to dump them to get out of them whatever they can?

And when dumping starts, what happens to the value of the dollar?

The dollar's role as the world's reserve currency is currently being challenged by Russia and China, among others.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goose3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Dirty or clean.Wet or dry

Thanked 1,908 Times in 869 Posts

Americans are dumping the dollar into pms at a record pace, that for one should say something.
The Following User Says Thank You to NavigatinCollapse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,147 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post

Maybe China and Russia agreeing to stop using the "world reserve currency" for trade, already done. And oil producing nations agreeing with China, Japan, Russia, France, and I think England, to stop trading oil in US$, they are just now determining the currency or currencies to trade in. And then you have the UN globalists calling for a global currency, not based on US$. So I would say that you may already have experienced the beginning of this, but either missed it or did not believe it is happening.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Liberty or Death!

Thanked 1,304 Times in 384 Posts

It's nice how it tries to get you worried then ends with a pitch to "buy my book". It's a possibility along with many other things and something to think about. Maybe invest in gold and silver more.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 PM
CLASSIFIED

One thing is for sure. The day after the greenback is dead, we will truly be in a SHTF senario. There is NO doubt. Just think what that means. MOST people DO NOT have thousands of dollars worth of gold and silver to trade/barter with. Bread will be $100 a loaf, gas $200 gal. The list goes on and on. Panic will be the word of the day. NO food. NO job. NO gas. Life as we know it, will be over. A few weeks after the collapse, hundreds of thousands dead, and it would only get worse from there.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 PM
... --- ...

Thanked 45,866 Times in 10,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd Sniper View Post
....We need somebody who is capable of pulling things together, re-starting the economy and putting new jobs in place......
Is that what we need ? Really? Gosh,sounds so simple. If this kind of pie-in-the-sky drivel is coming from a place like this forum, with all the knowledge available here, then we are as lost as the sheeple we all so enthusiastically condemn.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Procrastinate Now

Thanked 3,195 Times in 798 Posts

That was a fun propaganda video, but it is all BS. The US will never go with a world currency in place of the Dollar.

Why you ask?

The american government can only get money three ways:

1) Tax
2) Borrow it
3) Print it.

If there is a world currency the US would give up the ability to print money from nothing. Ireland and Greece faced this problem with the EURO. If they had there own currency they could have just printed there way out of the debt crisis they had.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnWStiner For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Procrastinate Now

Thanked 3,195 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
When Germany's money was worthless during the depression of the 1920s individual companys issued "warrants" to there employees.

Here is an example of how that works:

You work for SEARS and get paid in "SEARS Warrants"

With that you can purchase anything from SEARS that you want in the same fashion as buying it in cash. Pair of jeans = $20 warrants.

The local grocery store starts to take the SEARS warrants because they have an actual value, so they let SEARS employees purchase food items with the SEARS warrants.

Poof, you have a brand new currency.

The State of Texas recognizes the value of SEARS warrants and issues a new currency that says One Texas Dollar = 1 SEARS warrant.

Poof, new monetary system and everybody is now back on the Texas Dollar.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnWStiner For This Useful Post: