Austin protester - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 07-28-2020, 07:49 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,120 Times in 3,211 Posts
Default Austin protester

Advertise Here

One mistake and your life is a cautionary tale. Protester in Austin does s stupid move and ends up dead. I am sure that he wasnt anticipating lying in the street gurgling at any point that day, but below is his eulogy. I've been guilty of making stupid assumptions too, you guys have read some of themm here on SB. This is just the beginning of 90 days of epic stupidity. I am only urging people to think before they react.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/27/a...assault-rifle/
Quick reply to this message
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 07:57 AM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 30,925 Times in 10,670 Posts

Well I suggest people don't point guns at people they aren't intending to shoot, because some of those targeted might just react to the threat and take it out.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 11,252 Times in 4,269 Posts

But wait there is more:

"We've been following this group for the last several weeks, monitoring their protests, making sure it’s done in a safe manner, and this was something no one knew was going to happen. It just popped up in the middle of Congress Ave and it happened.” Said Austin Police Association President Ken Casaday.

Garrett Foster was there with his wheelchair-bound fiancé and his AK-47. "It’s problematic to me when you are whipping up a group of angry protesters to have firearms involved, but again that’s his right, and he had every right to have that firearm,” said Casaday.

It was revealed Monday that Foster was being watched by APD because he carried a rifle at protests even though he had a gun permit.

Garrett Foster was on the radar because he would commonly come to the rallies with the AK-47, our individuals who were responsible to monitor people with firearms, he was on the radar already,” said Casaday.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/fata...by-prosecutors
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JDH For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 08:08 AM

Texas' castle doctrine extends to people's cars.

1. Don't point guns at people you don't intend to shoot

2. Be aware of the laws in the state you live in or are visiting.

Dumb people win dumb prizes.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bartthedog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 08:39 AM
Apocaloptimist

Thanked 6,571 Times in 1,736 Posts

The driver of the car had every right to defend himself once dumbass pointed his rifle at him.

"Point your rifle at at a Texan." - Charles Darwin
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ClovisMan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 09:04 AM
Listen to the ghosts

Thanked 9,917 Times in 3,572 Posts

A prime example of the adage, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". You are going to a "protest" to be one of the "protesters". In a protest that very well might turn into a riot. Are you really going to use the damn gun? Because if somebody else uses one, guess who is going to be taken out? Yeah, the guy carrying the scary black rifle. There just is no good outcome there that is worth the risk if you aren't willing to use the rifle. A dilettante dabbling in things he has no real idea about and for which he can't comprehend the stakes.

I wonder if he was actually from Texas originally or if he just moved here when he got out of the Air Force. When I was growing up and learning to drive, I just always assumed that almost anybody anywhere driving on the road with me had a gun in their vehicle. Because a LOT of people carried illegally in those days and that was just the way that it was. And if a person is routinely carrying a gun illegally, it's unlikely to be just be a prop. I still adhere to that philosophy. Maybe he didn't grow up in a gun culture so he didn't understand the rules.

In addition to his service in the Air Force, I have seen the Dem propagandists trying to drum up sympathy because he was the "caregiver" for his "disabled" fiancee. If that is true, then he failed her by taking stupid and unjustified risks when he had other responsibilities. And she was at the "protest". How damn disabled is she if she is at a "protest"? Either she really needs a caregiver--in which case she didn't need to be at the protest--or she doesn't really need a caregiver.

Either way, he was stupid and reckless. And now he's dead and his fiancee isn't even a widow.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ankylus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 09:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,517 Times in 2,063 Posts

Has it been proven, ascertained, that Garrett Foster had his rifle pointed at the driver of the car? As a military veteran he knew how to handle a long gun and he knew that one does not point a gun at somebody without the intent to fire.

He was first shown as a BLM protester, and he may have been, but he was also a libertarian, and libertarian thought defends the idea of a smaller government and excessive government overreach. Think Ron Paul. I voted for Ron Paul myself and still am libertarian in some aspects.

He's getting trashed because people have seen his interview about people being too "*****" to do anything about anything; not the best choice of words. And it's probably arguable that even if he had the rifle pointed down, seeing someone with a rifle and a mask can be scary and defined as a threat.

But he doesn't seem like the type who would assault, loot, and commit arson, as so many in Antifa have done. And he was committed to his woman, a quadruple amputee. Few men have the heart to love a woman who has been disfigured that way.

He made some poor choices, but he doesn't seem to have been a bad person and certainly not a hater of our country. It's a tragedy he's dead; he was probably a more valuable citizen than the plunderers, murderers, robbers, arsonists, and assaulters whom Democratic politicians have gently coddled since late May.

Last edited by cannonfoddertfc; 07-28-2020 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: language
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freethinkin'Man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 09:16 AM
I love this *****

Thanked 67,690 Times in 22,283 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

One less idiot to deal with. Point a gun at someone (even with the most innocence intentions) and expect to get a reaction. Lesson for all!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 11:16 AM
Listen to the ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freethinkin'Man View Post
Has it been proven, ascertained, that Garrett Foster had his rifle pointed at the driver of the car? As a military veteran he knew how to handle a long gun and he knew that one does not point a gun at somebody without the intent to fire.

He was first shown as a BLM protester, and he may have been, but he was also a libertarian, and libertarian thought defends the idea of a smaller government and excessive government overreach. Think Ron Paul. I voted for Ron Paul myself and still am libertarian in some aspects.

He's getting trashed because people have seen his interview about people being too "p.$$y" to do anything about anything; not the best choice of words. And it's probably arguable that even if he had the rifle pointed down, seeing someone with a rifle and a mask can be scary and defined as a threat.

But he doesn't seem like the type who would assault, loot, and commit arson, as so many in Antifa have done. And he was committed to his woman, a quadruple amputee. Few men have the heart to love a woman who has been disfigured that way.

He made some poor choices, but he doesn't seem to have been a bad person and certainly not a hater of our country. It's a tragedy he's dead; he was probably a more valuable citizen than the plunderers, murderers, robbers, arsonists, and assaulters whom Democratic politicians have gently coddled since late May.
Everything you say may be true, but it also doesn't matter. He chose to attend a protest that might turn into a riot. His very presence supports those who make the choices to "assault, loot, commit arson", etc.

And, if he knew how to handle a gun, then he should have known that getting killed was a likely consequence for pointing a gun at someone who might be armed. Or even if the gun is pointing at the ground, running at a scared person in a car that has been stopped by "protesters" would be likely to evoke such a response from the person if that person is armed. If he was trained in how to handle the firearm, that just makes his decision making process worse.

He may be a sympathetic and misunderstood person. He was still reckless and he's still dead. Life comes at you fast.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ankylus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 11:32 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,715 Times in 2,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankylus View Post
Everything you say may be true, but it also doesn't matter. He chose to attend a protest that might turn into a riot. His very presence supports those who make the choices to "assault, loot, commit arson", etc.

And, if he knew how to handle a gun, then he should have known that getting killed was a likely consequence for pointing a gun at someone who might be armed. Or even if the gun is pointing at the ground, running at a scared person in a car that has been stopped by "protesters" would be likely to evoke such a response from the person if that person is armed. If he was trained in how to handle the firearm, that just makes his decision making process worse.

He may be a sympathetic and misunderstood person. He was still reckless and he's still dead. Life comes at you fast.
I agree. He aligned himself with people known to commit violent crime and did so while visibly armed. The guy that shot him had every reason to believe he was in danger of grievous bodily injury or death when this guy and his friends approached him. I have no sympathy for him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 11:32 AM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 11,252 Times in 4,269 Posts

Quote:
And she was at the "protest". How damn disabled is she if she is at a "protest"?
News reports claimed she is a quadruple amputee.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDH For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 11:42 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Thanked 207,654 Times in 41,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
One mistake and your life is a cautionary tale. Protester in Austin does s stupid move and ends up dead. I am sure that he wasnt anticipating lying in the street gurgling at any point that day, but below is his eulogy. I've been guilty of making stupid assumptions too, you guys have read some of themm here on SB. This is just the beginning of 90 days of epic stupidity. I am only urging people to think before they react.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/27/a...assault-rifle/
Austin rioter dead

There, I fixed your headline for you.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 11:50 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 86,853 Times in 24,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freethinkin'Man View Post

He's getting trashed because people have seen his interview about people being too "p.$$y" to do anything about anything; not the best choice of words. And it's probably arguable that even if he had the rifle pointed down, seeing someone with a rifle and a mask can be scary and defined as a threat.

In that little video interview, he also said he thought about shooting cops, but that he would be instantly killed if he did that.

Yeah, he was a swell guy.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 11:58 AM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 2,742 Times in 991 Posts

Near the end of the video a guy is heard saying several times
"We stand with our comrade!"

I find this to be an interesting comment given the riotous behavior of the group.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to INresponse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 03:10 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,008 Posts

posted by FreethinkingMan
Quote:
As a military veteran he knew how to handle a long gun and he knew that one does not point a gun at somebody without the intent to fire.
Quote:
According to Foster’s LinkedIn profile, he served a little more than two years in the Air Force as an aircraft-maintenance crew chief, and was currently employed as a caregiver. According to his family, he obtained a discharge from the Air Force so he could come home to take care of Mitchell.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...-shooting.html

He was a military veteran but you could still question his experience and skill with a long gun. The Air Force is not the Army or Marines and airmen don't typically train with a weapon as soldiers and marines do.

As an aircraft maintenance crew chief and only in for two years I doubt he did more with a long gun after basic than familiarize and then only once or twice. And that would have been with an AR 15 most likely. His weapon off choice at the protest was an AK 47 so I wouldn't go too far about claiming he was knowledgeable or well trained.

Every one at the protest is of course claiming he had the rifle pointed down and that he had moved in front of his fiance to protect her. Maybe so but they should not have been there anyway. And what would you expect the protesters to say.

Can't understand why the 2nd shooter who shot at the car as it was leaving wasn't charged. That is a clear violation of the laws in most states. Maybe no real proof. But not the same shooting at a car leaving the area as shooting at a person pointing a rifle at you. Maybe no proof of that either as yet. Hope some cell phone footage shows up but doubtful as it would go against the narrative of the protesters otherwise it would already be out there.

Anyway it is sad that he lost his life over something like this protest. I think more of this kind of situation is going to happen before its done.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkerpv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 05:41 PM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 47,674 Times in 10,933 Posts

The only smart one of the bunch was the quadriplegic girlfriends mother that told them not to go

Just one of the many things that can go wrong at a protest!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ManyFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 05:46 PM
Listen to the ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
News reports claimed she is a quadruple amputee.
Then this part of my post becomes the relevant part:

Quote:
Either she really needs a caregiver--in which case she didn't need to be at the protest--...
So he is the caregiver for a quadruple amputee. Did he just park her somewhere while he's running up and down the streets? What did he expect her to do if things got out of control while she was parked somewhere? Or did he really push her around into this armed confrontation?

We can then add selfish to his list of attributes. He wanted to go but didn't want to leave her alone. So he took a quadruple amputee to a "protest" that could have turned into a riot and to which he thought it was appropriate to take a scary black rifle. And ran off and got himself killed.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ankylus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 06:17 PM

Find the video of his shooting. You can't see it happen, but the gunfire is unmistakable.

The first volley of 5 rounds fired were NOT pistol shots. Any combat veteran will tell you what those first five were.

The second volley of 3 rounds were pistol shots.
If he was carrying an ak, and was shot with a pistol, he worked hard to get in his situation.
As far as his significant other. She's better off without him, even if she is totally dependant on the street for a living.
No sympathy here. It's what he wanted.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tch1718a For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 06:33 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 86,853 Times in 24,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch1718a View Post
Find the video of his shooting. You can't see it happen, but the gunfire is unmistakable.

The first volley of 5 rounds fired were NOT pistol shots. Any combat veteran will tell you what those first five were.

If he was carrying an ak, and was shot with a pistol, he worked hard to get in his situation.
As far as his significant other. She's better off without him, even if she is totally dependant on the street for a living.
Yes, a bunch of comments were saying that the first volley was clearly from an AK47, and the rest were from a handgun.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 06:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 20,469 Times in 6,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch1718a View Post

According to the shooter and second shooter the first volley was car driver shooting AK protestor and the second volley was a protestor shooting at the car as it drove away.

I think the different sound signatures of the shots is due to the guy recording running away and seeking shelter before the second shots happen.

I could be wrong though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post: