Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 07-21-2020, 11:07 AM
Hiker

Advertise Here

I found my property because of a machinist that I was friends with at work. Never would have found it without that.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to faif2d For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 04:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,960 Times in 5,357 Posts

Sell your home and leave California. You're currently behind enemy lines.

Lock in the gains you have before the situation in that state deteriorates to the point that you cannot.

Taking out a large loan to remain behind enemy lines seems unwise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 04:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,979 Times in 11,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchingtheweasels View Post
Sell your home and leave California. You're currently behind enemy lines.

Lock in the gains you have before the situation in that state deteriorates to the point that you cannot.

Taking out a large loan to remain behind enemy lines seems unwise.
Some people can't just pack up and leave. There is no way my wife could find a comparable job to the one she has had for over 25 years especially with wages. Not to mention, we have family here as I believe Mogli does as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 06:33 PM
SoJer

Thanked 7,947 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchingtheweasels View Post
Sell your home and leave...
...and Please tell me Where, in America, that the 'Push to Install Agenda 21 / 2030/50' ills - is Impervious-to, huh? Answer: Nowhere.
Yes - Some pockets of 'old America' will certainly 'stand' longer than others, but..

..All you have to do is just Look at what's Happening to this country (ie: St. Louis - MO - unarguably a 'Bedrock' of Liberty..) and you can SEE that it's Going to just be a matter of Time, before even 'bedrock States' (like MO, TX, VA, ID.. Probably even MT and WY, et al..) are eroded by this 'NWO Cartel Cancer'... None of this 'BLM' / NFAC-crap is about "race".. That's just the 'cover story', so..

..The 'thing to DO' is learn / prep to STAND AND FIGHT, wherever you Are.. ie: https://soj51.org/ 'Running' elsewhere is Only a 'time-delay fuse' to the Inevitable arrival of the NWO-powderkeg, there, too..

The ONLY advantage, I see to 'strategic relocation', at this time / age.. is to 'Team up' / Force-multiply, with Other aligned-individuals / small-groups / Family, etc.. Other than that, there simply Are no 'immune oasisees' anymore..

jd
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 06:48 PM
Daughter OfThe Revolution

Thanked 111,989 Times in 27,494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
Some people can't just pack up and leave. There is no way my wife could find a comparable job to the one she has had for over 25 years especially with wages. Not to mention, we have family here as I believe Mogli does as well.
Yeah. It’s not so easy. Income and family. There’s Humungous consequences no matter what I do. I do understand California is on an extremely bad path and I do think it’s going to get much worse. As watchingtheweasels states clearly, I do believe we’re behind enemy lines and I believe Balkanization possible. Maybe likely. But, I also see tremendous Constitutional Rights infringements happening in ALL states. Even Idaho, Arizona, and Texas.

Basically the question becomes, in the event of war, where are we safest? I think that’s Idaho.

I’m sick over what we’re witnessing. Absolutely sick!
Old 07-25-2020, 06:52 PM

T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJ_51 View Post
...and Please tell me Where, in America, that the 'Push to Install Agenda 21 / 2030/50' ills - is Impervious-to, huh? Answer: Nowhere.
Yes - Some pockets of 'old America' will certainly 'stand' longer than others, but..

..All you have to do is just Look at what's Happening to this country (ie: St. Louis - MO - unarguably a 'Bedrock' of Liberty..) and you can SEE that it's Going to just be a matter of Time, before even 'bedrock States' (like MO, TX, VA, ID.. Probably even MT and WY, et al..) are eroded by this 'NWO Cartel Cancer'... None of this 'BLM' / NFAC-crap is about "race".. That's just the 'cover story', so..

..The 'thing to DO' is learn / prep to STAND AND FIGHT, wherever you Are.. ie: https://soj51.org/ 'Running' elsewhere is Only a 'time-delay fuse' to the Inevitable arrival of the NWO-powderkeg, there, too..

The ONLY advantage, I see to 'strategic relocation', at this time / age.. is to 'Team up' / Force-multiply, with Other aligned-individuals / small-groups / Family, etc.. Other than that, there simply Are no 'immune oasisees' anymore..

jd
This is a huge part of my problem too. It’s everywhere to differing degrees. Even North Idaho! Just look at these arrogant PUBLIC EMPLOYEES.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:56 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 14,623 Times in 4,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogli View Post
Yeah. It’s not so easy. Income and family. There’s Humungous consequences no matter what I do. I do understand California is on an extremely bad path and I do think it’s going to get much worse. As watchingtheweasels states clearly, I do believe we’re behind enemy lines and I believe Balkanization possible. Maybe likely. But, I also see tremendous Constitutional Rights infringements happening in ALL states. Even Idaho, Arizona, and Texas.

Basically the question becomes, in the event of war, where are we safest? I think that’s Idaho.

I’m sick over what we’re witnessing. Absolutely sick!

I’m pretty convinced that there will be no return to any version of normalcy. There are simply too many disparate, seemingly unrelated but none the less destructive happenings occurring almost simultaneously. Formerly stable benchmarks going completely bonkers. Climate, geologic, gender, even basic Rule of Law. A seemtingly innocuous version of the common cold (as so many here believe), has most likely begun the irreversible implosion of our economy. What can be the ultimate result of printing money 24/7 and handing it out? China being devastated by huge rains upstream of the Three Gorges Dam, most likely taking out a large chunk of their agricultural production, much less possibly hundreds of millions of population. With most of the world not disposed to send them aid right now....
The list goes on and on, with most of this crap starting just months ago!

I think the toast has barely begun to turn brown. The setup is still happening, and when the dominoes begin to fall, it’ll be breathtaking how fast it will degenerate to a WROL. How many nukes and/or EMPs will it take to send us back to the 1,800’s, or earlier?

I dunno. Most here are quite aware of my unabashed Catholicism, and I pay attention to things more supernatural than most. Fully on board with Jesus keeping in touch with His people to this day, and those mystics and seers from all over the world are receiving the same basic message. ‘Nuff said.

My takeaway from all of this is that what economy, ROL, infrastructure we have had and relied on for so many years will be minimized if not destroyed. So we will have to rely on ourselves and what local affiliations we may have. Ultimately rejoined to a local agrarian community as it was for hundreds if not thousands of years. Back when most believed in God and showed it. Whether you believe or not, you cannot deny the unprecedented perfect storm we seem to be approaching. Much more to be said, but not here. My long term thinking is more towards self sufficiency, needing to actually grow and raise what we eat. Although climate change may very well make Idaho a farmer’s dream, how fast will that happen? We need to eat now, not in 15 years, and I think the political climate here in Ca. will cease to be as much as a worry as eating, and enforcement of ridiculous laws will go away just as the likes of Newsome, Pelosi and the rest. When survival becomes paramount, all revert to to the least common denominator, of which worrying about the “rights” of a transgender person is not even on the radar screen.

No one knows the timeline. No one knows to what degree anyone will be affected, nor how. But being in an optimum position to take care of you and yours with no need nor reliance on on any governmental agency has to me a much higher priority than whether some yingyang in Sacramento says you can’t have 10 round mags.

JMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cabinet Maker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 09:57 PM
Texas chooses people.

Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogli View Post
Hi Everyone, I’m have a dilemma and would value your insights. My goal has always been to be debt free and I’m almost there having paid off debt with the exception of a tiny mortgage on my home.

I feel like we’ve had a paradigm shift with the national debt, continues QE to infinity, unimaginable unemployment of which many jobs are not coming back, continued assault on small business while promoting large corporations, and the like. I believe we likely are headed for a Venezuela type collapse. I’m worried about a worst case scenario situation.

I’m located in the SF North Bay Area. 90 miles from SF but still with a tremendous Collectivist mindset.

I’m pondering pulling money out so if things continue to degenerate I have a way out. This money would be earmarked for a BOL. I believe real estate values may crash and pulling money out later may be very difficult.

Finally, the division and hostility has increased to a critical level. I see posts on Facebook daily calling for conservatives, or anyone protesting this level of personal liberty assaults, to be gotten rid of. Truly frightening. I’ll leave you this video which clearly states what I’m talking about. Notice the audience doesn’t laugh as if she’s joking or go, “Huh???”, as if they’re shocked. This narrative is something they’re used to hearing. Let that sink in. It’s ‘normal’ discourse to this audience! Acceptable!!!

So my question is, what are the pros and cons to pulling money out of my house? Should I do it? Would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVEj...Sw5MInhrPrmWXA
If you are going to earmark all of it for survival, then yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 05:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 34,585 Times in 8,400 Posts

Mogli, get out. I heard about some crap of an exit tax, but now there seems to be a push for a harsher one.

Dems plan a wealth tax on people who move in or out of California

Fox Business anchor Neil Cavuto questioned California State Assemblyman Rob Bonta on “Cavuto: Coast to Coast” Friday over his proposal to institute a 0.4% wealth tax on Golden State residents worth more than $30 million.

The Alameda Democrat told Cavuto the proposed tax “affects about 0.15% of the California population — not the top 10%, not the top 1%, the top .15%, about 30,000 people” and would generate $7.5 billion in revenue for the state.

Cavuto asked Bonta what happens if people move. Bonta called that “avoidance.” California would tax them for ten years. Bonte claimed they accrued the wealth in California. Basically, he thinks it’s California’s money. He believes they can do it legally.

Now I realize you don't have that amount of money, but it will only be a matter of time when they say it's a million then 500k then 250k, and finally a mere 100k. They need tax dollars and will get them however they can.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 08:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,309 Times in 3,290 Posts

Mogli, they didnt work for it.....you did. Join the Calexit before it costs you dearly. This is your last chance....
The Following User Says Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
Mogli, they didnt work for it.....you did. Join the Calexit before it costs you dearly. This is your last chance....
I know. I am working on this now. But there are so many variables I need to really think it through. Every direction I consider I see tremendous pros and cons.
Old 08-21-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfScout View Post
Mogli, get out. I heard about some crap of an exit tax, but now there seems to be a push for a harsher one.

Dems plan a wealth tax on people who move in or out of California

Fox Business anchor Neil Cavuto questioned California State Assemblyman Rob Bonta on “Cavuto: Coast to Coast” Friday over his proposal to institute a 0.4% wealth tax on Golden State residents worth more than $30 million.

The Alameda Democrat told Cavuto the proposed tax “affects about 0.15% of the California population — not the top 10%, not the top 1%, the top .15%, about 30,000 people” and would generate $7.5 billion in revenue for the state.

Cavuto asked Bonta what happens if people move. Bonta called that “avoidance.” California would tax them for ten years. Bonte claimed they accrued the wealth in California. Basically, he thinks it’s California’s money. He believes they can do it legally.

Now I realize you don't have that amount of money, but it will only be a matter of time when they say it's a million then 500k then 250k, and finally a mere 100k. They need tax dollars and will get them however they can.
Yes. I do know it’s coming. But thank you for posting it. It’s Important to keep in mind plus others reading this thread, with the same dilemma as me, may not be aware. And I agree they will lower base to tax.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,309 Times in 3,290 Posts

Its a very hard decision to make. The scariest part of any decision for me financially is taking a chance vs what I know, no matter how its currently performing. I trust my gut feel, its my subconscious noticing a factor that I was too busy to notice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 02:26 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 31,345 Times in 10,787 Posts

Wow a tax to leave the pinko ****hole of Commifornia, does that apply to the daily border crossers? Could be a new source of funding for Morons Lives Matters.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post: