Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-18-2020, 07:32 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,657 Times in 560 Posts
Arrow True news websites

Advertise Here

Always looking for sites that offer truthful news not spun up like the drive-by media.

If you frequently go to your best truthful website could you share the link here for me and so many others.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2020, 10:22 PM
Goat Roper

Thanked 1,917 Times in 732 Posts

While I wouldnt TESTIFY as to their honesty, I have read many folks stating that One America News is fair: https://www.oann.com/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hawgy54 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2020, 01:17 PM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 5,370 Times in 1,446 Posts

I regularly watch OAN (One American News) They are privately owned and operated so they are not told what to report on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Always looking for sites that offer truthful news not spun up like the drive-by media.

If you frequently go to your best truthful website could you share the link here for me and so many others https://prohighgrades.com/case-converter.

Thanks in advance for your help.
My list of news websites contains nytimes, wsj, bbc.com, economist, foreignaffairs and politico
you can add an RSS feed and get all the news ASAP
Old 07-09-2020, 11:00 AM
Texas chooses people.

Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,139 Posts

qmap.pub

Where we go 1 we go all.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,449 Times in 2,743 Posts

I watch Newsmax on TV
Old 07-20-2020, 12:40 AM
Biologist

Thanked 1,280 Times in 637 Posts

No news station provides truthful news. The best you can do is use opposite aligning stations who will dig up dirt on the other side and sift through all the madness. Additionally, foreign stations will do this as well.

FOX/CNN/Al-Jazeera/RSS/BBC/EuroNews
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sluggyslugworth For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 05:27 AM

I avoid any "news" where someone is talking about the news, telling me what to think and how to interpret it. So I usually read news stories and watch local news to get the facts and current events, but when someone starts interpreting these events and inserting a "spin" or a bias, then I stop reading or watching. I'll come to my own conclusions.

I will also recognize my biases and challenge myself to read or watch things biased the opposite way with an open mind. Is there some truth there? Have I already been indoctrinated or brain washed? If so, how? And how can I break out of it?

I am also very skeptical. I believe the simplest explanation is the best. I don't believe in any complex conspiracy theory. It's very easy to get sucked into these things... lots of flash, but no substance. The truth is way more boring.
The Following User Says Thank You to alphasteve For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 05:38 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 83,973 Times in 24,282 Posts

The first 20 minutes of the ABC nightly news is now just a series of coordinated hit pieces against Trump. All opinion. No news.

I mainly stream the news from Haystack news service on ROKU.
I think they can be watched on the web as well.
https://www.haystack.tv/

it includes a cross section of news sources. And you can hit skip to skip over news reports you don't want to waste time on.

I actually don't watch OAN. 100% slow paced, pandering channel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 06:49 AM

The Western Journal looks to be as close to an honest news source as you're going to find these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to zold For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 06:50 AM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 22,477 Times in 4,811 Posts

And not one member mentioned any of the major news networks. That's a pretty sad state of affairs.

As I've been saying for years, we get as much propaganda here in the USA as any communist country ever did.

Jesse Ventura once talked about how much government and the news media were infiltrated by the CIA. He claims that just after he took office as governor of Minnesota a CIA rep visited him. The person revealed a list of CIA agents infiltrated into government and the media in Minnesota. These people held regular jobs, but also worked for the CIA. Only Jesse and his Chief of Staff were allowed to see the list and they were told never to reveal it. Jesse was asked to never interfere with the people on the list. He said the list was extensive.

I know someone is going to say the CIA cannot operate within our borders. My response is, "Since when has a silly law stopped any swamp critter."
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

The Smith Mundt modernization act made it legal for our government to employ propaganda domestically.

I keep mentioning this problem, yet it does not resonate with anyone.

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...ation-act-2012

"...Generally speaking, however, there remains a stubborn residual belief among Americans that media would never be permitted to knowingly deceive people. There are laws against such abhorrent conduct, aren't there? Media broadcasters would lose their broadcasting licenses, and publishers would lose their standing as providers of news that is reliable or trustworthy. More importantly, our government is forbidden to propagandize Americans using deception, especially via a free press, right?

Wrong.

Grasping the importance of the SMMA in undermining America's free press, its impact on our governance, culture, and socioeconomic structure as a free society, cannot be understated. Not only is the Fourth Estate utterly compromised relative to the information it does convey, but there is a far greater mission of corruption in the massive amount of need-to-know information it does not convey. Systematically omitting relevant information from the public forum, tailoring narratives and messaging in the guise of legitimate news, redundant scripting across networks, and disallowing nearly all critical debate or analysis, is classic communications manipulation, strategically designed as part of a larger behavior modification agenda..."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 09:52 AM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 11,418 Times in 2,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I regularly watch OAN (One American News) They are privately owned and operated so they are not told what to report on.
All of MSM is privately owned and they are all told what to report on..... including OAN. Most on here like OAN, because they say what we like to hear. All of my friends that are Democrats have the same opinion of OAN as a Republican has of CNN. They hate OAN.

Personally, I watch OAN or listen to the Patriot station more than Fox.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:14 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

All I want from the news.

Not speculation and opinion about how that makes Trump a bad president or how all you turds at News HQ think Biden will win with his commanding lead in the polls that you made up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 10:29 AM
Indefatigable

Thanked 46,114 Times in 14,106 Posts

No one source will give you the truth. As we have seen in the past 4 years, truth has become subjective. See a topic that interests you? For me it's a minimum of 3 sources before I might claim to be seeing 51% of the truth. #1 red flag - any article that quotes numerous other articles without linking to sources or who repeatedly use "unnamed/unconfirmed/anonymous source" #2 red flag - Any "news" story not containing the 5 "W"s - Who What When Where and Why
As our ability to fact check has grown increasingly easier thanks to the web, we tend to do it less and less.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2020, 12:17 PM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 22,477 Times in 4,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
No one source will give you the truth. As we have seen in the past 4 years, truth has become subjective. See a topic that interests you? For me it's a minimum of 3 sources before I might claim to be seeing 51% of the truth. #1 red flag - any article that quotes numerous other articles without linking to sources or who repeatedly use "unnamed/unconfirmed/anonymous source" #2 red flag - Any "news" story not containing the 5 "W"s - Who What When Where and Why
As our ability to fact check has grown increasingly easier thanks to the web, we tend to do it less and less.
The problem is that too many people in the media focus on their truth, not the truth. Here is Don Lemon, one of the worst of the worst for fake news and propaganda, who was awarded the Worst Journalist of the Year Award by his fellow journalists, talking about his commitment to truth. His statements are completely and veritably delusional.

Subjective reporting has always been there, but it became much more obvious in recent years.

At one time when I traveled almost continually, CNN was a worldwide lifeline to objective news in the USA. Today it has devolved into a complete joke due to politics.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:27 PM

Anyone think there just too much "news" out there? In 5 years none of this news will amount to anything.... it's just a lot of people churning up stuff to sell to the public. They're just getting people to watch or read to sell advertising, same as always. It's a good thing to limit this because it can get in your head and fill you with a lot of stress for no reason.