Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Price increase on Ball lids? Weedinhoe Food and water 9 09-05-2017 01:01 PM
A good knife for every price under $100 - List panoz77 Knives, Swords & Axes 19 07-31-2017 07:59 PM
What's a fair price for a #10 can sealer? AGreyMan Food and water 3 03-27-2017 02:16 PM
Ltd. time: Lowest LifeStraw price PLUS your choice of cool Freebies! JC Refuge Safecastle 28 11-16-2016 11:52 AM

Old 05-15-2019, 09:24 AM
Prepared

Default PM Price Manipulation

Advertise Here

From Chuck Butler's "Daily Pfennig":

"Well, I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, that Bart Chilton, the former CFTC regulator had died, but before he did, he gave an interview in which he said that the CFTC had told JPMorgan to cease their short silver operations, but that JPMorgan had ignored them. Well, the GATA folks sent me a link to an interview with Ed Steer where he talks about this new found information regarding price manipulation… here’s what the GATA folks said: “GATA Board of Directors member Ed Steer, editor of Ed Steer's Gold & Silver Digest letter, was interviewed the other day by James Anderson for Silver Doctors. They discussed former U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission member Bart Chilton's confirmation that the commission allowed JPMorganChase to manipulate the silver market. They also discussed the use of derivatives by central banks and their agents to control commodity prices.

The interview is 20 minutes long and can be heard at Silver Doctors here:
https://www.silverdoctors.com/headlines/world-news/ed-steer-gold-silver-..."

The manipulation is not just silver; it's also gold, platinum and palladium.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 09:56 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,265 Times in 795 Posts

Linky no worky.

I know he was a critic of high frequency trading too. 58 so fairly young to die "suddenly" although someone mentioned (unconfirmed) pancreatic cancer. He new who the players were and who was allowing JP to manipulate with impunity while the CFTC looked the other way. And they still are as is Goldman.

I suppose if you rock the King Dollar Forever boat "suddenly" might be the outcome.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,085 Posts

Many of the sites that promote silver and gold trading constantly say that JP Morgan and derivative traders manipulate the price of metals in order to keep values down.

There has been no evidence of significant manipulation.

The gold and silver sites are interested in selling gold and silver to people who believe that "as soon as the manipulation is stopped the price of gold and silver will skyrocket". They are just trolling for suckers.
The Following User Says Thank You to rriley For This Useful Post:

Old 05-16-2019, 09:36 AM
Prepared

Note that the DOJ has obtained a plea of Guilty from a JP Morgue big-wig for the manipulation of PMs. Sentencing keeps being postponed in a trade-off of his squealing on others who were involved.

Plus, I'd imagine the CFTC people know exactly what's going on--which is why I posted the commentary. I doubt that anybody frequenting this website would know more about manipulation than somebody like Mr. Chilton.

Add in that Chuck Butler has a long and distinguished track record in the "world of money".
Old 05-16-2019, 09:50 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDesertrat View Post
Note that the DOJ has obtained a plea of Guilty from a JP Morgue big-wig for the manipulation of PMs. .
The plea was from a 36 year old lowly metals trader not a "Big-Wig" by any stretch of the imagination.

Every now and then the computers see a pattern of abuse and the government goes after the perp but I have never seen a JP Morgan "Big-Wig" charged in a manipulation of PM's.

The sites that push PM's to the vulnerable and uninformed public continuously come up with unsubstantiated manipulation theories but despite thousands of people surveilling the PM markets we don't see any hard evidence of corporate manipulation.
The Following User Says Thank You to rriley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 04:11 PM
Outside the box

Thanked 1,886 Times in 690 Posts

LOL "no evidence", well considering the well known fact of existence of more "paper silver & gold" than exists ----times multiples , I have no clue why you'd state the above........???????????
Old 05-16-2019, 04:13 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
LOL "no evidence", well considering the well known fact of existence of more "paper silver & gold" than exists ----times multiples , I have no clue why you'd state the above........???????????
Do some reading on derivatives especially on "open interest" and "expiration procedure".
Old 05-16-2019, 05:31 PM
Prepared

It strikes me as suspicious when day after day through the years that certain actions are taken on the same hour, exactly at the top of the hour--as one inference of deliberate action. Price drops in that manner? Doesn't seem logical, somehow.

But to ask again: Who better to know than somebody in Mr. Chilton's position?

Why would a free market see prices below the cost of production? CapEx amortization plus OpEx is at or somewhat above $1,200 to $1,300 per ounce of gold, worldwide average.

Central banks are buying huge numbers of tonnes of gold; that should push prices up--but it doesn't.

Oh, well. Regardless, gold is moving from US and Europe to the Mideast and Asia, as the center of gravity of wealth moves eastward.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:39 PM
Target Shooter

I watch the silver market. About 2 months ago the chart went up to a point and stopped, flat line style. This happened again and again most of the day at exactly the same point. The chart really looked funny, I mean why would the line flatten at the same point again and again? That meant to me flat out manipulation!
The Following User Says Thank You to faif2d For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 05:46 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 20,502 Times in 7,796 Posts

"You-all just bookies" from Trading Places. "How are we suppose to make a profit if we can't manipulate the market?"
Old 05-17-2019, 08:47 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by faif2d View Post
I watch the silver market. About 2 months ago the chart went up to a point and stopped, flat line style. This happened again and again most of the day at exactly the same point. The chart really looked funny, I mean why would the line flatten at the same point again and again? That meant to me flat out manipulation!
That can be caused by resistance due to a large sell order.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDesertrat View Post

Why would a free market see prices below the cost of production? CapEx amortization plus OpEx is at or somewhat above $1,200 to $1,300 per ounce of gold, worldwide average.

Central banks are buying huge numbers of tonnes of gold; that should push prices up--but it doesn't.
Mining costs vary, American Bullion points out that costs can be from $700 to $1,400 depending on the source.

One third of gold comes from recycling.

Even if gold market prices are under the cost of production it is financially attractive to continue to mine and produce gold because the cost of idling mining and production facilities and then restarting them is huge.

As for central banks buying gold (and pushing the numbers up) remember that for every buyer there is a willing seller, perhaps, for example, miners selling futures in anticipation of being able to bring more gold to the market.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM
Prepared

I'm reading that grams of gold per ton of ore is in general decline. That leads to mergers and acquisitions, among other things. Plus, it increases the operating cost of production.