Final: IRS Will Not Release President Trump's Tax Returns - Page 7 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President Trump's Speech to the NRA April 26 2019 Old fart Political News and Discussion 7 04-27-2019 09:02 PM
President Trump's Approval Rating Climbs After Helsinki Summit Batko10 Political News and Discussion 13 07-23-2018 09:28 PM
Pres. Trumps tax return ke4hzc General Discussion 78 04-20-2017 10:14 AM
Trump's first EO re Obamacare: no tax penalty this year? Adam Robinson XV Political News and Discussion 142 01-27-2017 09:34 AM

Old 05-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 15,953 Times in 3,408 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosinka View Post
Oversight is legitimate whether a crime has been committed or not.
Oversight is how you determine if crimes have been committed.

Read up on the teapot dome scandal. That is where the legislation allowing congress to subpoena the president’s (and anyone else’s) tax returns originated out of, precisely so that congress has the means to perform oversight of the executive branch , even when the executive branch is corrupt and fighting that oversight.
The oversight was already performed when the IRS audited Trump's tax returns, as they do with all presidents. It's not the duty of an opposition Congress to do that. Ever since Obama weaponized the IRS, it is hardly a conservative group out to protect the president.

The president always gets audited (and the veep too)

The Dems only want Trump's taxes for one reason: to make him look bad by distorting whatever the taxes reveal. I don't believe any of the Dems in the House have enough gray matter to understand Trump's taxes.

IRS audits have been performed annually ever since the Dems falsely accused Nixon of cheating on his taxes.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,679 Times in 5,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosinka View Post
Oversight is legitimate whether a crime has been committed or not.
Oversight is how you determine if crimes have been committed.
I have no issue with legitimate oversight. What the Democrats have been doing is not legitimate oversight. Let's not kid ourselves here, shall we?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,679 Times in 10,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
I have no issue with legitimate oversight. What the Democrats have been doing is not legitimate oversight. Let's not kid ourselves here, shall we?
The Left embrace evil, whose foundation is deception. The Left primarily deceives themselves.

I'm sure the Left would applaud the Republican controlled Senate investigating the Clinton foundation's tax returns in the name of fulfilling its oversight responsibilities.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 11:45 AM
Old Noob

Thanked 9,851 Times in 4,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
I'm sure the Left would applaud the Republican controlled Senate investigating the Clinton foundation's tax returns in the name of fulfilling its oversight responsibilities.

Actually, I'd object to the Senate investigating since the Clintons do not hold any political office and are private citizens.

But I have no problem if the IRS were to do so if they suspect fraud, since that's within their purview
Old 05-15-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgoRhythms View Post
Actually, I'd object to the Senate investigating since the Clintons do not hold any political office and are private citizens.
Agh, the old 'set a standard the other side is meant to fail' ploy.

Where do you get the idea that only public officials can be investigated by Congress? Mark Zuckerberg to testify before Congress
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Old Noob

Quote:
Agh, the old 'set a standard the other side is meant to fail' ploy.

Where do you get the idea that only public officials can be investigated by Congress? Mark Zuckerberg to testify before Congress

When did "testify" become equivalent to "investigate"?

And how is an IRS audit a fail?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
When did "testify" become equivalent to "investigate"?

And how is an IRS audit a fail?
Showing again how Liberals cannot integrate and differentiate properly. If one thing is different, it does not mean it has nothing in common.

You are obviously being obtuse in pretending an "IRS audit" is the proper way to categorize the ongoing witch hunt into the President.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Old Noob

Quote:
Showing again how Liberals cannot integrate and differentiate properly. If one thing is different, it does not mean it has nothing in common.

But it doesn't mean the opposite either; that they do have something in common.

Quote:
You are obviously being obtuse in pretending an "IRS audit" is the proper way to categorize the ongoing witch hunt into the President.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I was talking about a possible Clinton investigation. The IRS is one way, if tax evasion or fraud is a possibility. The FBI is another way if there is some other possible crime. I have no problem with either as I'm for investigating any criminal activity. But we're talking about a private citizen so I think that's best left to an investigative agency and not a legislative one.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Stop putting words in my mouth.
Yea right, I'm just re-wording what you are saying without all the BS.

Quote:
I was talking about a possible Clinton investigation. The IRS is one way, if tax evasion or fraud is a possibility. The FBI is another way if there is some other possible crime. I have no problem with either as I'm for investigating any criminal activity. But we're talking about a private citizen so I think that's best left to an investigative agency and not a legislative one.
The BS is you inventing a standard your opponent is meant to fail. In this case, you are using your own personal standard, 'I have no problem with either BUT we're talking about a private citizen' AS IF President Trump's tax returns are not that of a private citizen.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:40 PM
Old Noob

Quote:
The BS is you inventing a standard your opponent is meant to fail. In this case, you are using your own personal standard, 'I have no problem with either BUT we're talking about a private citizen' AS IF President Trump's tax returns are not that of a private citizen.
Sorry, not gonna respond to your BS other than to say I'm not gonna take the bait and march in your parade of boo boo any more.

And to say that the sky is blue.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,358 Times in 3,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc Mac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
I would have to agree with the IRS on this, but I also think it’s more for show. It’s more political than anything, but the fact that he won’t release them actually can make them more relevant to the fence watchers.

What is so sacred in those tax returns that he don’t want anyone to see? That maybe a thought that might run through their mind. Maybe that was the intent by the Dems than actually seeing them. If anything trump would have made them look stupid if he did release them and there was nothing there to see. Then that would result in a whole lot of egg on the Dems face.

If I had to wager on it, I’d bet that the whole resistance to releasing his taxes probably has more to do with him not wanting the public to know that he didn’t pay any taxes and that he is not as wealthy as he claims to be.
That's so stupid, I can't believe you are capable of using a keyboard.
How about you release your tax records to me? I have as legitimate right to do that as the House does to the president.
No? Why not? What have you got to hide? Show me your returns to prove you're obeying the law. Do you now see how ridiculous that sounds?
Please tell me you were just joking.
You wrote all that bs and didn’t even read the first line. It says I agree with the irs decision NOT release his taxes. If I can’t use a keyboard than you definitely can’t read.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:37 AM

Quote:
You wrote all that bs and didnít even read the first line. It says I agree with the irs decision NOT release his taxes. If I canít use a keyboard than you definitely canít read.
He can read. You often write as a typical Leftist, talking out of both sides of your mouth. You do this precisely to cover yourself, thinking it gives your real point cover.

To paraphrase your last post; while you agree Trump does not have to release his tax returns IN THEORY, you accept he ought to suffer any and all political fallout IN PRACTICE.

Their is an obvious treachery about your position. To suppose one has rights IN THEORY but deny them IN PRACTICE is to truly deny human rights. This is why you get the responses you do to your posts.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Sorry, not gonna respond to your BS other than to say I'm not gonna take the bait and march in your parade of boo boo any more.

And to say that the sky is blue.
Trump Derangement Syndrome on display.

1. The sky is blue.
2. Therefore, it is a good idea for Congress to have the Presidents tax returns under the guise of oversight
3. But not a good idea for them to investigate the Clinton Foundation because <INSERT TDS RATIONALIZATION HERE>.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:53 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Quote:
You wrote all that bs and didn’t even read the first line. It says I agree with the irs decision NOT release his taxes. If I can’t use a keyboard than you definitely can’t read.
He can read. You often write as a typical Leftist, talking out of both sides of your mouth. You do this precisely to cover yourself, thinking it gives your real point cover.

To paraphrase your last post; while you agree Trump does not have to release his tax returns IN THEORY, you accept he ought to suffer any and all political fallout IN PRACTICE.

Their is an obvious treachery about your position. To suppose one has rights IN THEORY but deny them IN PRACTICE is to truly deny human rights. This is why you get the responses you do to your posts.
It’s called looking at different perspectives. Looking at it from different lenses. It’s an inherent skill when someone is trying to be objective and have a more angular view to get a comprehensive outlook. Political hacks wouldn’t know about that. They are more interested in summarizing someone else’s talking points to fit whatever narrative they want to create. When did I say trump should suffer having to release his taxes in practice? Those are your words. You should be on radio. You have the knack for it. You can bull****, just like the rest of them.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Itís called looking at different perspectives.
Wrong is different.

Quote:
When did I say trump should suffer having to release his taxes in practice?
Check your favorite lexicon for the word 'paraphrase.'

Leftists are fond of semantic arguments. You did not say 'trump should suffer having to release his taxes in practice' so that gets you off your hook, you suppose. No, this is precisely what you are implying. Hence the paraphrase. Knowing you are obtuse, here are your EXACT words that support the paraphrase,
Itís more political than anything, but the fact that he wonít release them actually can make them more relevant to the fence watchers ... What is so sacred in those tax returns that he donít want anyone to see?

Leftist talking points in these 2 sentences.
1. Starting with the last sentence, your question puts all the burden on Trump to defend himself from NOT doing what is NOT required. But no defense is acceptable. You just want him to submit.
2. Furthermore, the question is a smear, slander. It supposes something in the tax returns are sacred (sic) and the contents contain material he doesn't want anyone to see.
3. This is a blatant Appeal to Ignorance & Emotion. Supposing his refusal to do what is NOT required is evidence of him feeling guilty about something - and only by releasing his returns can he 'prove' himself innocent.
4. To answer the specific question of what is sacred; it is called Liberty. Liberty is the freedom to do as one chooses. Slavery is not being free to choose.
5. So, the question is; is Trump a slave to the 'fence watchers' as you call them? No, he is not.

... Onto the first sentence ...

6. To say him not releasing his returns makes them 'more relevant' reveals a twisted rationalization.
7. To show the hypocrisy: Where was this concern when it came to Obama's college records, passport and long form birth certificate?
8. Another twist is the Circular Reasoning. 'More relevant,' implies the returns are relevant to begin with. Given that tax returns are NOT required, they cannot be relevant. Therefore, they cannot be 'more relevant.'
9. You claim this is 'more relevant' to the 'fence watchers' AS IF Trump ought to enslave himself to such tyrants.
10. Not escaping my powers of observation, you did NOT provide any factual support for your claim that releasing his returns are 'more relevant' to the 'fence watchers.'
11. Given that releasing his tax returns are NOT required and rabid ultra-Left wing Democrats are the ones who are openly demanding his returns, it is obvious that Trump's rabid enemies want his returns as a continuation of the investigation just completed where he was cleared by the independent counsel.
12. Given this fact, it is species that you assert advancing reasonable concerns of mysterious 'fence watchers.' That is, any fair minded person would understand Trump not wanting to give his political enemies any ammunition to use against him.
13. Attack on Epistemology: The potential "can." Leftists love to suppose that if something is possible, it is morally equivalent to something that ACTUALLY is the case. Everything you write "can" be the case but it also "can" be NOT the case.
14. This is another tactic in covering yourself. You rarely come out and say something but merely speculate if it "can" be the case. Then you proceed AS IF your conjecture is the case - while denying doing precisely that and pretending to be innocent of blatant attacks!
Now, I know you will deny all your BS and look forward to your pithy ad homenim rejoinder.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Quote:
It’s called looking at different perspectives.
Wrong is different. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Quote:
When did I say trump should suffer having to release his taxes in practice?
Check your favorite lexicon for the word 'paraphrase.'

Leftists are fond of semantic arguments. You did not say 'trump should suffer having to release his taxes in practice' so that gets you off your hook, you suppose. No, this is precisely what you are implying. Hence the paraphrase. Knowing you are obtuse, here are your EXACT words that support the paraphrase,
It’s more political than anything, but the fact that he won’t release them actually can make them more relevant to the fence watchers ... What is so sacred in those tax returns that he don’t want anyone to see?

Leftist talking points in these 2 sentences.
1. Starting with the last sentence, your question puts all the burden on Trump to defend himself from NOT doing what is NOT required. But no defense is acceptable. You just want him to submit.
2. Furthermore, the question is a smear, slander. It supposes something in the tax returns are sacred (sic) and the contents contain material he doesn't want anyone to see.
3. This is a blatant Appeal to Ignorance & Emotion. Supposing his refusal to do what is NOT required is evidence of him feeling guilty about something - and only by releasing his returns can he 'prove' himself innocent.
4. To answer the specific question of what is sacred; it is called Liberty. Liberty is the freedom to do as one chooses. Slavery is not being free to choose.
5. So, the question is; is Trump a slave to the 'fence watchers' as you call them? No, he is not. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG]

... Onto the first sentence ...

6. To say him not releasing his returns makes them 'more relevant' reveals a twisted rationalization.
7. To show the hypocrisy: Where was this concern when it came to Obama's college records, passport and long form birth certificate?
8. Another twist is the Circular Reasoning. 'More relevant,' implies the returns are relevant to begin with. Given that tax returns are NOT required, they cannot be relevant. Therefore, they cannot be 'more relevant.'
9. You claim this is 'more relevant' to the 'fence watchers' AS IF Trump ought to enslave himself to such tyrants.
10. Not escaping my powers of observation, you did NOT provide any factual support for your claim that releasing his returns are 'more relevant' to the 'fence watchers.'
11. Given that releasing his tax returns are NOT required and rabid ultra-Left wing Democrats are the ones who are openly demanding his returns, it is obvious that Trump's rabid enemies want his returns as a continuation of the investigation just completed where he was cleared by the independent counsel.
12. Given this fact, it is species that you assert advancing reasonable concerns of mysterious 'fence watchers.' That is, any fair minded person would understand Trump not wanting to give his political enemies any ammunition to use against him.
13. Attack on Epistemology: The potential "can." Leftists love to suppose that if something is possible, it is morally equivalent to something that ACTUALLY is the case. Everything you write "can" be the case but it also "can" be NOT the case.
14. This is another tactic in covering yourself. You rarely come out and say something but merely speculate if it "can" be the case. Then you proceed AS IF your conjecture is the case - while denying doing precisely that and pretending to be innocent of blatant attacks!
Now, I know you will deny all your BS and look forward to your pithy ad homenim rejoinder. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Wow!! All this for me. Did you stay up all night dissecting each word. Did the basement get cold? Did you have blanky with you?

Semantics eh? Well isn’t that not calling the kettle black. But I digress. I didn’t really care about his taxes, but now you got me real curious. His cult followers are real sensitive about it i.e. peter energy. Yeah I think I want to see them now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,799 Times in 4,687 Posts

The demonratic party has devolved quite far since 2016. They are scant steps from monkey poo fights at the zoo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I didnít really care about his taxes,
More BS

Quote:
but now you got me real curious. His cult followers are real sensitive about it i.e. peter energy. Yeah I think I want to see them now.
Appeal to Emotion. Your insult insulted is the rationalization now? LOL You want to see his returns now? Request denied.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:15 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Quote:
I didn’t really care about his taxes,
More BS

Quote:
but now you got me real curious. His cult followers are real sensitive about it i.e. peter energy. Yeah I think I want to see them now.
Appeal to Emotion. Your insult insulted is the rationalization now? LOL You want to see his returns now? Request denied.
Oh I forgot your so above insults. My apology. How dare I try to get you to come down to my level. Anyways I will stick to the topic. However I have to warn you my “tactics” are pretty much ingrained, but maybe I can tweak them more to your liking.

Some people say trump’s taxes are evidence of tax fraud and conflict of interests with foreign powers. But I don’t know. That’s what they say. There are probably some very fine honest tax returns on both sides (business and public life). I mean he has said strongly that he is an honest business man. I don’t see why he would be corrupt. I mean wouldn’t be.

There is that more to your liking....
Old 05-16-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Some people say trumpís taxes are evidence of tax fraud and conflict of interests with foreign powers. But I donít know. Thatís what they say.
What planet are you from? On this planet we do not have guilt by accusation.

You do not have evidence of any wrong doing. You have here-say - some people say/accusation. Well, let me balance the scales of justice with some people say Trump:
1. Does not have to prove himself innocent.
2. Does not have to be a witness against himself. See 4A. See 5A.

Trump Derangement Syndrome on display.