Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual fuel generators Old Canuck Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 47 02-15-2019 01:37 PM
Article - bug out stoves kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 44 09-13-2017 01:32 AM
Fuel Caddy / Fuel Storage questions Henrykjr Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 15 09-07-2017 06:36 PM
Primer fuel for MSR WhisperLite Stove CanadianaKid Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 14 08-31-2017 04:12 PM
Review of the Coleman 533 dual fuel stove kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 05-20-2008 12:39 AM

Old 05-08-2019, 03:23 AM

Advertise Here

Replying to an old post, I know ... Wurth make 2 very good products that i use in my vehicles : Fuel Cure and Diesel Cure. Alternatively speak to Freddi Stafford at 307 Lubricants in Observatory, Cape Town. He once mentioned that he supplies Bell Equipment with a diesel stabiliser as all the Bell machinery that is exported has to have 20 litres of fuel in the tanks so that they can be started on the far end. He is also the local Ravenol agent.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to StretchCt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchCt View Post
Replying to an old post, I know ... Wurth make 2 very good products that i use in my vehicles : Fuel Cure and Diesel Cure. Alternatively speak to Freddi Stafford at 307 Lubricants in Observatory, Cape Town. He once mentioned that he supplies Bell Equipment with a diesel stabiliser as all the Bell machinery that is exported has to have 20 litres of fuel in the tanks so that they can be started on the far end. He is also the local Ravenol agent.
Welcome to the forum.

It is still an active problem without a fix.

Fuel Cure seems to be listed as an injector cleaner. Did you mean Petrol Cure?...

https://www.wurth.co.za/chemicals/ad...30ml/01893-559

Stuff is very expensive at R214 per 330 ml bottle. Does not say how much petrol it will treat. The Wynn's was about R70 and treats 20L but it is not available any longer.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:27 AM

FuelCure is a concentrated one shot treatment whereas DieselCure and PetrolCure are maintenance products. One bottle of DieselCure is good for treating 3 tankfuls on my van (90 litre tank). Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to StretchCt For This Useful Post:

Old 05-15-2019, 01:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchCt View Post
FuelCure is a concentrated one shot treatment whereas DieselCure and PetrolCure are maintenance products. One bottle of DieselCure is good for treating 3 tankfuls on my van (90 litre tank). Hope this helps
So how many liters of petrol will the PetrolCure treat to extend the shelf life, 270? That is really the issue here...extending the life of petrol storage. Please help me understand. Thanks.