Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Savage 110 Bear Hunter Delivers Superior Stopping Power on the Toughest Big Game AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 04-17-2018 05:30 PM
Compound Bow Comparison: Hoyt Carbon Defiant vs. Bear LS-6 + Video AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 11-17-2017 10:30 AM
Compound Bow Comparison: Bowtech Reign 6 vs. Bear LS-6 + Video AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 11-13-2017 09:30 PM
Review: Bear LS-6 Compound Bow AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-21-2017 12:30 PM
When an angry bear charges at you gear3rd Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 122 02-14-2017 08:47 PM

Old 05-17-2018, 06:25 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,372 Times in 2,586 Posts

Advertise Here

Every time I see this thread title, I read it as "bear compound butter" and think it should be in the food section.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Endiron For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 08:48 AM

That looks like a good candidate for a warfbow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bishopj For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 07:19 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,000 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillHere View Post
I took it into a sporting goods store. They said the pull was just over 60, and it would be more expensive to lower than to get a new one. Maybe he just wanted to make a sale. She did try a couple and her pull was a comfortable at 25.

So now it will probably hang on her garage wall.
Thanks
Bows are like shoes.
They have to fit the individual.
But her a bow that fits in a weight range she can handle.

It won't take long before she will be able to draw more weight if she wants to hunt.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snyper708 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palma View Post
It looks a bit like my first compound , a Bear Black Bear. If it is the same, it is adjustable, but only about 10 lbs worth. Mine came set at 55#. So it could be 45-55 or 55-65 lbs. Take it to a bow shop, have them check it out, lower the poundage, and see if she can then pull it. If yes replace the string, and buy correct spined arrows, have fun. If not maybe sell it and buy a newer used bow with good adjustability that she can change as she gets stronger/older.
That's my bow also, a Black Bear 2. It's a compound, no dry firing. I took mine to a bow shop to have it looked over/worked over. My Black Bear 2 is adjustable between 55 and 65 pounds of draw, and with me at 69 y.o. 60 pounds is plenty. My Black Bear 2 is second fiddle to a much newer Bear cam bow.
The Following User Says Thank You to edprof For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 01:01 AM

Thanked 5,749 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillHere View Post
I have not shot a bow other than in scouts since the 70s. Was defiantly not a compound.

My daughter has wanted a bow and a friend gave her one. I told her I wanted to see it before she shoots it. It was gifted from a person that never shot it and I would put their info about it as not 100%

She says its a BEAR- Compound - Hunter ...are the names on it.

I will probably take it to the local range and hope to catch a member at the archery lot to look at it and give her some pointers.

What are some things for a beginner to look into? I have looked up some images and they are all different how can I ID it? Also find the draw weight as she said she couldnt pull it and saw no number other than a CC#?

I hope to get my hands on it tonight and will try to get a picture of it.
Yes this is a lot to throw out and we are just starting
Thanks
There are a lot of people here with bow knowledge and experience. I, for one, have shot compound for many years and was a member of a archery club for quite a few of them, an officer of the club for a number of them. If you can give a general indication of your area there might be a member here that might be able and willing to give some instruction.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob3rd For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2019, 11:07 AM

You can always make one of these up for her in her draw weight.

https://youtu.be/iOavQYtW5uc