Survivalist Forum banner

Canadians?

42K views 339 replies 98 participants last post by  Hilltopper 
#1 ·
This Canadian section is a freakin' ghost town

ROLL CALL!

#109 ·
We usually get 3 1/2 months minimum of (your temps) 0 F to - 30 F,but in the mountains it`s low humidity.After 3 weeks of - 20 or so it warms up to + 15F`ish and everybody is in shirtsleeves in the sun.We usually get hit 3 times,once in early Dec. ,again around New Years and once more in Feb.Worst I ever saw was the day my son was born,53 below F on Nov. 30 in Dawson Creek.I froze a bottle of good whiskey I had in the trunk of my car for 5 days,it separated,all the alchohol was at the top and the other 60% was froze hard.
After 5 days a Chinook blew in,it went from -50 to + 45 in half an hour,complete with winds up to 75 miles an hour.We got the hell out of the house,thought it was going to blow down, and rode it out sitting in the truck.The next morning it looked like a hurricane went through,the airport was a mess,small planes ripped loose and carried off across the fields,the local bulk station lost all its big fuel tanks,lots of roofs blown off houses.

#120 ·
Hunkerin down for the winter in the big city of Toronto...
the 'concrete jungle'... definately a different kind of survival checklist
in the big city.. lots of crime and unsavory people.. hoping to get out
here soon enough, thinking of heading to B.C. in the spring.

Anybody know of survival communities out in British Columbia?

Sad day in Ottawa today.. seems like the fifth column jihadist
who like to use our fine country for extremist training grounds
are pushing tolerance to the edge now.. another reason I want
to get out of Toronto. The big cities are getting ugly all around.

well that's my 2 cents where my heads at right now.

I'm into creating sourdough starters right now for the long run,
takes time to make a good starter but wow the bread it makes
worth the wait.

over and out from Tdot.

#149 ·
Hello from Toronto..
how's life in B.C. these days??
Wetter than wet. Just got back from two days in the bush, everything soaked through.:thumb:

#132 ·
Many years ago I had a friend who did peace keeping duty on Cyprus with the PPCLI. He quit because people were shooting at him and he was not allowed to shoot back. I never have understood the need for rules of engagement. Seems simple you shoot at me I shoot back I see no need for other rules.

#133 ·
I point out that your statement of "shoot at me I shoot back" represents a rule of engagement - E.g. you are excluding the option to shoot first.

While I [fortunately] have never been under fire, I did have to study rules of engagement. There are a lot of different scenarios in a bunch of different environments for a ****load of different missions that must be considered. The time to figure these out is *before* you find yourself in these situations/environments on a mission. This, among other things, gives the mission the greatest chance of success, avoids unnecessary escalation, ensure all team members are reacting in a coordinated manner, and - just maybe - give you the chance to go home alive at the end of the day.

#151 ·
Sorry, I can't help ya'. I pride myself on my command of the language, but I have no idea what you're asking. What the hell are pepper balls as they relate to paint ball?

#152 ·
357 I hear there are balls used in the US that instead of paint in them they contain pepper spray they are shot from paintball guns. I'm having bear-garbage problems thought something a little less deadly then my 308 could be used to turn garbage bears into natural food bears.

#153 ·
Those crazy Americans; I think they're whistling in the wind if they think oleoresin capsicum shot from a paint ball gun is going to have any significant results on...anything, but what do I know.

On a bear, I would think all it's going to do it get him/her to look around in curiosity. I'm quite willing to be proved wrong though.

Reactions: Steve28
#154 ·
Howdy ya'll. Our gasoline prices have dropped about 40-50 cents per gallon fairly quickly. Are you seeing the same thing up there?

The reason I ask is that there are about 5 different theories why this has happened. I'm not so sure OPEC is flooding the market because of a slowed international economy, and therefore, if it is true that they are, Canadian prices should also drop considerably.

?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.