Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 05-19-2020, 07:59 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 77,277 Times in 20,654 Posts
Default The President and Hydroxychloroquine.

Advertise Here

President Trump announced that he's been taking hydroxychloroquine for a while. I find it difficult to believe that the medical personnel responsible for the President's health would allow such a risk even if it's a comparatively small one. Now believe it or not, the President is not above the occasional fib and I can't help but wonder if this was one of them. But assuming he is telling the truth, I suspect that his doctors might have slipped him a placebo instead. Considering all the other precautions surrounding the President, I bet they'd see no harm in humoring him with some sugar pills instead.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:16 AM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 49,933 Times in 10,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
President Trump announced that he's been taking hydroxychloroquine for a while. I find it difficult to believe that the medical personnel responsible for the President's health would allow such a risk even if it's a comparatively small one. Now believe it or not, the President is not above the occasional fib and I can't help but wonder if this was one of them. But assuming he is telling the truth, I suspect that his doctors might have slipped him a placebo instead. Considering all the other precautions surrounding the President, I bet they'd see no harm in humoring him with some sugar pills instead.
Of all the possibilities in this situation, the doctors that take care of the POTUS slipping him placebos is the least likely. Iím not going to explain why but Iím just going to say my experience with physicians leads me to believe that whatever he is getting, if anything, is not a placebo.

With that said, Iím past the point of giving a **** what he or anyone else is taking. Iíd really just like the government and everyone in it to stop stealing my money and leave me alone.

And if they wouldnít mind taking a long hang on a short rope, thatíd be great too.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:18 AM
A Way of Life

Thanked 1,862 Times in 683 Posts

If this statement is taken at face value, could it mean that the President has already tested positive for COVID-19? Hydroxychloroquine is not a preventitive, so in light of the possible complications from its use, why take it unless one is actively combating the virus?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BillyJack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:20 AM
6 Boys and 13 Hands

Thanked 28,024 Times in 7,019 Posts

Trump has enough of an ego that he'd take the Hydroxychloroquine just to prove himself right. Even if it killed him. lol
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Creek Walker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:21 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
If this statement is taken at face value, could it mean that the President has already tested positive for COVID-19? Hydroxychloroquine is not a preventitive, so in light of the possible complications from its use, why take it unless one is actively combating the virus?
He claims he's taking it as a preventative.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:26 AM
A Way of Life

Thanked 1,862 Times in 683 Posts

Quote:
He claims he's taking it as a preventative.

As we know all too well, he says a lot of things that aren't true. Job requirement and all...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillyJack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:26 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,970 Times in 2,025 Posts

My guess is he's getting a very low dose.
I was watching that press conference on Fox News when Trump said he was taking the Hydoxy. After that Neil Cavuto got on and I thought his fat head was gong to explode. He made several false statement. First he said if you take hydroxychloroquine you will die. Second he said the Pres. touted taking it, he did not. The Pres. said after consulting with his physician they decided it would be OK to take it. Then Cavuto asked the stupidest question to a guest doctor who specializes in vaccines. Neil asked the Dr. if he had the choice between prescribing Hydroxy or a vaccine, which would he choose.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Don H For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:33 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H View Post
My guess is he's getting a very low dose.
I was watching that press conference on Fox News when Trump said he was taking the Hydoxy. After that Neil Cavuto got on and I thought his fat head was gong to explode. He made several false statement. First he said if you take hydroxychloroquine you will die. Second he said the Pres. touted taking it, he did not. The Pres. said after consulting with his physician they decided it would be OK to take it. Then Cavuto asked the stupidest question to a guest doctor who specializes in vaccines. Neil asked the Dr. if he had the choice between prescribing Hydroxy or a vaccine, which would he choose.
I didn't watch it. I can think of several unnecessary surgical procedures I'd rather partake in. But I did read a brief blurb about it. I don't know about the rest, but he was clearly engaging in hyperbole when he said, "if you take hydroxychloroquine you will die". At worst, if you take hydroxychloroquine you COULD die. And even that is a low probability. Especially for someone as heavily monitored as the President. Other health complications are far more likely than outright death. Even that is a low probability otherwise the drug wouldn't be prescribed for other conditions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:40 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,027 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote:
I find it difficult to believe that the medical personnel responsible for the President's health would allow such a risk even if it's a comparatively small one.
What risk?
It has been used for years
Old 05-19-2020, 08:44 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo2 View Post
What risk?
It has been used for years
It has been used to treat actual medical conditions. All drugs have risks. The presumption is that the risk of taking the drug is less than the risk of leaving the condition untreated. Taking it when you don't have one is an unnecessary risk.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:47 AM
Deplorable On Steroids

Thanked 62,994 Times in 21,183 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I suggest he take some edible pot. Calm the ego down and reduce the Tweeting for awhile.

Like someone else stated ... I don't care what anyone in D.C. takes or doesn't take. They're all puppets playing to the tune of a higher power. Take HydQ don't take HydQ ... no matter to me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:49 AM
"eleutheromaniac"

Thanked 7,201 Times in 2,060 Posts

What is the difference between this drug and "HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE"......???

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to 6.8SPC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:51 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 81,789 Times in 23,747 Posts

The drug has been used for decades on millions of people. How is that some great risk?

The drug prevents the virus from attaching to cells to infect them, so actually it is best used as a preventative or in the early stage of infection.

Many doctors are taking it themselves as a preventative.

The man is open enough to tell the public what he is taking to prevent the disease and people use that as an opportunity to get their political digs in.

For shame, for shame , for shaaame.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:22 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
The drug has been used for decades on millions of people. How is that some great risk?
I didn't say it was a great risk. I said it was an unnecessary risk.

Quote:
The drug prevents the virus from attaching to cells to infect them, so actually it is best used as a preventative or in the early stage of infection.
There's no evidence of that.

Quote:
How many?

Quote:
The man is open enough to tell the public what he is taking to prevent the disease and people use that as an opportunity to get their political digs in.

For shame, for shame , for shaaame.
I'm not. I can't speak for other people. I'm not questioning the President's judgment(though I could). I'm questioning his doctors' judgment.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:27 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,708 Times in 936 Posts

originally posted by Justme11
Quote:

Thank you for posting the truth. The media and others have been crowing about a side effect that affects few people. This drug is safer than most of the drugs that are advertised on TV that must have the warning of multiple side effects, but have been approved by the FDA.

It boils down to what a doctor feels is best to prescribe for a particular patient knowing his/her medical history. The same with any drug.

The ones crying the sky is falling in the media and elsewhere are never Trumpers and/or progressive, leftists that espouse negativity about anything Trump says or does. It is becoming literally like chicken little and the sky is falling and the boy who cried wolf.

I don't believe anything the media and the rest of the progressive, leftist say. I do my own research concerning the issue and also research the person making the claims. Most of the time the issue is not what is claimed and the person making the claim is shown to be a progressive, leftist democrat that gave to the democrat party and supported both Clintons and Obama.

Case closed.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pinkerpv For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 09:34 AM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 23,326 Times in 10,328 Posts

I think there are a couple o& possibilities.

1. President Trump freaked out when people in the Whitehouse tested positive and found a doctor to prescribe the drug. He is the President, he could. They asked him to keep quiet about it, since the usage goes against the FDA warning. Then he just couldnít keep the secret.

2. Heís not taking the drug, but was chafing at reports that it turned out it didnít work as he said it did... and decided on the spur of the moment to put the drug back in the spotlight.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 09:35 AM
covfefe

Thanked 3,814 Times in 1,227 Posts

Quote:
I didn't say it was a great risk. I said it was an unnecessary risk.
You are a M.D. now?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eskrima For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 09:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,308 Posts

I read somewhere that the good doctor, fauci, reported that HCQ was effective against corona, this particular strain? Dunno... The document was published 10 years ago, or so, believe it was on NIH or CDC letterhead, good luck finding it, pretty sure the corrupt tech co's were forced to wipe this one..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saln For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 09:42 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskrima View Post
You are a M.D. now?
Well if Trump has expertise because his uncle was a scientist, then I must be almost a physician because I have a degree in physics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 09:53 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,027 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote:
It has been used to treat actual medical conditions.
And it has been used FOR YEARS to prevent illness.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to woowoo2 For This Useful Post: