Protests, Riots, Looting - All threads Merged Here - Page 20 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 05-29-2020, 08:14 AM
high on truck stop coffee

Thanked 91,721 Times in 12,086 Posts

Advertise Here

Quick reply to this message
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RECTIFIER For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:18 AM
Tactical Elf

Thanked 2,043 Times in 658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
Trump:

“I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis,” “A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.

“These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let this happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you.”
If the military starts shooting American citizens, it’s gonna get bad. Idc if they are rioting or not they are still American Citizens.
I’m very disappointed in Trump with this decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kebler414 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:19 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,245 Times in 1,933 Posts

Its not at all about protesting but about anarchy. The rioters want loot and this is an excuse. Violence begets violence and this is how it will ultimately end. Until the police and national guard get tough this will go on. Whats worse is it will escalate to other cities. When will we learn our lesson that allowing it to go on breeds more of this behavior. Stomp it out like a brush fire.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Spade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECTIFIER View Post
Of course this applies only to low IQ ghetto rats who can't think for themselves.

Where should we send all the white trash? South Africa?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Good beer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:20 AM
Combat marxism Now!

Thanked 22,951 Times in 5,775 Posts

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:21 AM
Survivor

Thanked 47,154 Times in 13,781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebler414 View Post
If the military starts shooting American citizens, itís gonna get bad. Idc if they are rioting or not they are still American Citizens.
Iím very disappointed in Trump with this decision.
You have a problem with looters getting shot? Or are you just mad because the people doing the shooting are wearing a uniform? Or because it's a specific color uniform? I just want to make sure I understand.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 10,037 Times in 3,119 Posts

When I was young looters were shot
Protest all you want
Looting and wanton destruction and you should be shot
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,046 Times in 1,988 Posts

Quote:
If the military starts shooting American citizens, itís gonna get bad. Idc if they are rioting or not they are still American Citizens.
I agree that for the U.S. to allow its military (or in this case, National Guard) to fire at citizens is a very delicate and dangerous issue, but if the looting does not stop, at what point is the state to put its proverbial boot down and say, "enough; you've done enough, you must stop now or else?"

I am very opposed to leftists and one major reason is that they are statists, and statism leads to totalitarianism. But I also believe government must exist in a certain form and if a given segment of the population engages in communal violence to the extent we have been seeing in Minneapolis, with private property stolen, business gutted, and at least one police precinct set on fire, and if police are outnumbered and have been essentially told to stand down or to simply get out of the way, then is the state to sit by and do nothing?

All the more because innocents are getting caught in the crossfire, potentially suffering injury if not death? What about the owners of those stores/businesses and the employees? Are the looters going to go to GoFundMe to raise money for them?

If police officers are legally authorized to fire their guns at a civilian who is heading towards them with a knife, a machete, an ax, or a pistol, and refuses to stop when told - why would National Guardsmen be out of line if they fired at civilians who were looting, destroying, etc, and who refused to obey warnings to cease and to desist? What if some looters attacked Guardsmen? There was a report of at least one NYPD officer who had civilians try to take his firearm. Should that happen to Guardsmen, should Guardsmen do nothing?

At some point, civil unrest needs to be met with force. President Trump ran on law and order. Whatever one says of what he said on Twitter, he's not wrong. If the looting gets even worse and the Guardsmen are themselves attacked or their verbal admonitions go unheeded, what should they do?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freethinkin'Man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:46 AM
Rebel Against Tyrants

Thanked 21,359 Times in 7,072 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:

So we should let them continue to go unchallenged?

What is your plan to stop the destruction?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Straza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:50 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 81,505 Times in 23,707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
I wonder if he went shopping for a new dust filter for his Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60
Those are pricey filters.

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1M9QGDGK782VG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:52 AM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,270 Times in 4,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straza View Post

As long as it goes unchallenged, things like this will continue to occur.

The liberal belief is that they need to let their constituents vent periodically. Destroying businesses and trashing cars is just harmless fun.

We can all see how well that works.

We still do not know how or why George Floyd ended up pinned to the ground. They need to release the body cam videos. That will either convict the cops or exonerate them. I suspect it will exonerate the cops, which conflicts with the liberal narrative. That means we may not see the vids for a while.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:53 AM
Tactical Elf

Thanked 2,043 Times in 658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
Quote:
If the military starts shooting American citizens, it’s gonna get bad. Idc if they are rioting or not they are still American Citizens.
You have a problem with looters getting shot? Or are you just mad because the people doing the shooting are wearing a uniform? Or because it's a specific color uniform? I just want to make sure I understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freethinkin'Man View Post
Quote:
I agree that for the U.S. to allow its military (or in this case, National Guard) to fire at citizens is a very delicate and dangerous issue, but if the looting does not stop, at what point is the state to put its proverbial boot down and say, "enough; you've done enough, you must stop now or else?"

I am very opposed to leftists and one major reason is that they are statists, and statism leads to totalitarianism. But I also believe government must exist in a certain form and if a given segment of the population engages in communal violence to the extent we have been seeing in Minneapolis, with private property stolen, business gutted, and at least one police precinct set on fire, and if police are outnumbered and have been essentially told to stand down or to simply get out of the way, then is the state to sit by and do nothing?

All the more because innocents are getting caught in the crossfire, potentially suffering injury if not death? What about the owners of those stores/businesses and the employees? Are the looters going to go to GoFundMe to raise money for them?

If police officers are legally authorized to fire their guns at a civilian who is heading towards them with a knife, a machete, an ax, or a pistol, and refuses to stop when told - why would National Guardsmen be out of line if they fired at civilians who were looting, destroying, etc, and who refused to obey warnings to cease and to desist? What if some looters attacked Guardsmen? There was a report of at least one NYPD officer who had civilians try to take his firearm. Should that happen to Guardsmen, should Guardsmen do nothing?

At some point, civil unrest needs to be met with force. President Trump ran on law and order. Whatever one says of what he said on Twitter, he's not wrong. If the looting gets even worse and the Guardsmen are themselves attacked or their verbal admonitions go unheeded, what should they do?

I see two different groups that require two different levels of response from authorities.
Looting, riots where they are not endangering lives of the soldiers/officers I believe should be met with non-lethal force.
If said looters/rioters are threatening the lives of the officers then I believe they should be met with appropriate force, lethal if necessary.
As for shop owners/private citizens having the right to defend their own property, that is their discretion if they choose to use lethal force. They are not bound to the same standards as law enforcement etc.
LEOs causing a death to a person that was not endangering their lives is what started this. How does NG shooting people for looting a Target help the situation?

It is a very dangerous slope to have US soldiers killing US civilians on US soil.
But if you are cool with that.....
Old 05-29-2020, 08:54 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 77,250 Times in 20,644 Posts

There's a small part of me that flinches at the notion of people getting shot over mere things; especially well insured things.

But there is a larger part of me that hopes these jackasses survive getting shot to live the rest of their lives with permanent injuries.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:54 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 81,505 Times in 23,707 Posts

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:56 AM
Survivor

Thanked 29,456 Times in 7,068 Posts

If stores would have never developed the policy of letting people steal stuff, get away, and pass the costs on to the rest of the public, we probably wouldn't be in a position where people think they can steal without repercussions.

A large group of armed storeowners defending their properties with legal force is the answer. 50 dead looters and a couple hundred injured tonight would stop everything in it's tracks. No need for the police or the national guard.

How many gun stores have been looted?

Of course, after the virus shutdowns reduced profit margins this year, it may be easier to take the insurance money (if they have the correct riders) and retire. I wonder how many business owners secretly hope theirs goes up in flames.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:58 AM
Dios y Tejas

Thanked 20,082 Times in 5,158 Posts

This looting problem reminds me of Hurricane Harvey down here, The city put the word out immediately that those caught looting would face "enhanced" charges with possible long prison sentences up to a possible life sentence.

Fort Bend County Sheriff actually said on camera that if you come down here to loot, bring your own body bag for your trip back home. He wasn't talking about law enforcement being the one pulling the trigger either. For the amount of devastation and chaos, we had miniscule looting.

Beside Texas laws allowing the use of deadly force to protect your property, it is also is due to the fact that historically our minority communities don't lose their minds and go full blown idiot everytime something happens
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:59 AM
Retired Army

Thanked 18,678 Times in 4,093 Posts

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daddyusmaximus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 09:02 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,178 Times in 848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1950 View Post
This looting problem reminds me of Hurricane Harvey down here, The city put the word out immediately that those caught looting would face "enhanced" charges with possible long prison sentences up to a possible life sentence.

Fort Bend County Sheriff actually said on camera that if you come down here to loot, bring your own body bag for your trip back home. He wasn't talking about law enforcement being the one pulling the trigger either. For the amount of devastation and chaos, we had miniscule looting.

Beside Texas laws allowing the use of deadly force to protect your property, it is also is due to the fact that historically our minority communities don't lose their minds and go full blown idiot everytime something happens
Maybe one has something to do with the other.

Of course these types of things only seem to happen in liberal cities. LA, NYC, Baltimore, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devron For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 09:06 AM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 27,244 Times in 8,040 Posts
Smile CAW!

Quote:

Holding hands and singing kumbaya?

With a N95 mask on for safety purposes of course.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n1d For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 09:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,046 Times in 1,988 Posts

Quote:
I see two different groups that require two different levels of response from authorities.
Looting, riots where they are not endangering lives of the soldiers/officers I believe should be met with non-lethal force.
If said looters/rioters are threatening the lives of the officers then I believe they should be met with appropriate force, lethal if necessary.
As for shop owners/private citizens having the right to defend their own property, that is their discretion if they choose to use lethal force. They are not bound to the same standards as law enforcement etc.
LEOs causing a death to a person that was not endangering their lives is what started this. How does NG shooting people for looting a Target help the situation?

It is a very dangerous slope to have US soldiers killing US civilians on US soil.
But if you are cool with that.....
The problem as I see it is that it may not be as crystal clear as you say.

There were protests which began peacefully comprised by genuinely angry folks who wanted to display their outrage and pain at what happened to George Floyd. Race, ideology, party loyalty aside, I could very well have marched alongside them.

Then some people - and I cannot say whether this included the legitimately concerned peaceful demonstrators or whether it was strictly outside elements or a mix of both - began to loot, destroy, burn, plunder.

Those groups do not necessarily stay separate.

It's a pity, because there are many residents, including a 70-year-old black woman who was an officer within the NAACP who blasted the looters as people who don't care about George Floyd.

https://twitter.com/rljourno/status/...-to-go-home%2F

I don't think anyone here is "cool" with anyone shooting anybody outside of situations when there's no alternative. However, to take issue with the military doing it given the police does it with criminals is not something I agree with. If the military shoots innocents, yes, it'd be a mess, but if Guardsmen catch a group of young men who have been looting a store, are they "innocents?"

As for Posse Comitatus, it does not apply to state National Guards.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freethinkin'Man For This Useful Post: