Survivalist Forum banner

Good morning, Kentucky!

17K views 99 replies 46 participants last post by  Xi Bowhunter 
#1 ·
There are a lot of us here from the Bluegrass state, so sound off! :thumb:

#48 ·
I know some of you are going to be mad, but Louisville isn't really considered part of Kentucky. Technically it is, but the rest of the state just doesn't claim you. :taped:

#53 ·
I was joking (mostly), which I have never been good at. :eek:: Louisville is the liberal, progressive part of the state, but you are movin' on up in comparison to Baltimore.

#56 ·
You could try Knob Creek out in Bullitt Co., Blue Grass Sportsman's League in Jessamine Co., or get someone to let you use their back pasture. :thumb:

Reactions: Goldbrix
#57 ·
With my luck there would be a cow just beyond sight but within range of a bad shot, and I ain't got room in my freezer for a whole beef, and not enough trusted "friends" to ask to help store the lot.

I will check into BG Sportman's League before venturing to Bullitt Co.

Thanx

#58 ·
Goldbrix, to add to your list of handgun ranges in the area, Semper Fi out in Brannon Crossing has one, too.

#59 ·
Why pay 15$ to shoot 30 minutes on one day at an indoor range? And thats all you get...30 minutes on a range and your not allowed to keep your brass! (Semper Fi at Brannon Crossing)

Pay 20$ a month and shoot all day for 360 days a year at Bluegrass Sportsmans League in Wilmore Ky.

Check it out....It's 1400 acres of Heaven on Earth! It's never crowded except at competition matches!

http://www.bgslinc.com/

#61 ·
Pay 20$ a month and shoot all day for 360 days a year at Bluegrass Sportsmans League
Technically that would be 363 days a year. The range only closes on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. :D:

As for why someone would pay to shoot indoors, haven't you noticed the serious windage out there??? I'm pretty die hard about going to the range in all types of weather, but when it is in single digits sometimes I just do not want to deal with the cold and a subzero windchill. That's what indoor ranges are for.

Have you shot Bud's reactive steel targets? It's $15 for a half hour and a blast...at least until you hit level 6. :thumb:

Maybe we should all get together out at BGSL this summer and train a bit. What do ya'll think?

Reactions: juskom95
#65 ·
Looks like I am here for the long run, Signed the papers on 20 acres last week just inside Breckenridge Co. (SP). Ill be reading up on some solar back ups and other things since I will have well water and only power lines out to the house and shop. Looking to plant a small garden if I can get in the house and be ready before spring.

#67 ·
Thanks, where I grew up outside of Birmingham Alabama we had 10 acres, then I went down to one when I moved. Since I had the opportunity to grab a few acres when I moved up here I got what I could. The drive to work is going to suck again but nothing I haven't done before, 45 mins or so, but the land and shop will hopefully make up for it. The house is fairly new and I am kinda surprised they didn't think of a few things while building it. Everything is electric, they have a LP tank for the emergency heat pump but no extra heating elements inside the house, if power is lost then the heat pump wont be able to work. I would like to add solar backup for the water pump incase power goes out also. The whole property has been fenced and its pretty remote so its got a lot going for it.

#69 ·
It sounds like you have an excellent base to build on, though. Welcome to the Bluegrass!

#73 ·
I haven't been to Ft. Knox since my brother was stationed there many moons ago so I don't have any recent info for you. I have two aunts who live out there and they seem to like it. I suspect it's just like any other military town (except nicer, because it's in Kentucky. ;) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.