Trump to hold 2020 G-7 at the Trump National Doral Miami - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Joe McCarthy was Right!

Thanked 8,899 Times in 2,844 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Suburbia View Post
It's a bad look for Trump, both domestically and especially internationally. Even if his motives were as pure as he claims, it's a bad idea because it makes him look like he's abusing his office. And doing so at G7--on the world stage. Even if one motive for the choice was to troll the leftist media, it's still a very bad idea.

Naturally, if a Democrat did similar it would be smoothed over in the media. But their hypocrisy does not make this a smart move by Trump.

Are we conservatives going to be hypocrites, too? Or are we going to call a spade a spade?
I think it really comes down to him thinking that anyone else would just **** things up so he's having his people handle it instead.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crackshot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 11:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,433 Times in 1,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackshot View Post
I think it really comes down to him thinking that anyone else would just **** things up so he's having his people handle it instead.
I don't know....I'm sure the folks that operate Camp David would do a decent job.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky strike For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 12:02 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 5,717 Times in 2,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseman View Post
Great choice.
President Trump is so worried about money that he donates his salary to charity.
Hey, he got his trust set up so he'll have all the money he's "spent" on lodgings at his own places. He might pay for his own room, but the other rooms like for secret service etc. are paid by you, and will go to him after his term(s) is/are up.
The Following User Says Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 12:09 PM
You were the Executioner.

Thanked 1,119 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizendino View Post
You guys will really just forgive him anything.

Seriously, the President is going to host world leaders at a property he owns, this property will bill the world leaders, and he will profit from it.

I get that he is messing with the left.
But, he is also proving to so many that people will no longer stand up for right and wrong.

Your so weak.
It's spelled 'you're', not 'your'.

And yes, we sure as **** will forgive him anything. Especially when it saves us taxpayers hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions in OUR tax dollars.

And please read the article before you spew. Resort said it was doing it at cost. Or perhaps you need a little lesson in Economics 101 to comprehend what that means?

Ya, I think you do.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,500 Times in 2,513 Posts

Quote:
But instead, the President who owns the property instead takes taxpayers dollars to host an international event at his privately owned property. Charging whatever he is going to charge people, forcing them to stay at his property. Forcing the US government to pay for upgrades that come with hosting heads of state.
I missed the part where Trump is forcing people to stay at his property. If the other six nation's deligates want to stay somewhere else, I am sure that they are well within their rights to do so. South Florida has a lot of hotels and resorts.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that the resort actually loses money on this deal. I imagine the resort will probably be closed to all other business. We'll see if anyone publishes the finances for the month of the G7 vs the same months in past years.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jdog67 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 12:41 PM
Priorities. Col. 3:1-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarine33 View Post
It's spelled 'you're', not 'your'.

And yes, we sure as **** will forgive him anything. Especially when it saves us taxpayers hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions in OUR tax dollars.

And please read the article before you spew. Resort said it was doing it at cost. Or perhaps you need a little lesson in Economics 101 to comprehend what that means?

Ya, I think you do.
But it again comes down to the improvements to the resort that may be needed. Does "at cost" mean the resort pays for the improvements out of its own pocket? Or do We The People pay to improve Trump's resort for G7? Yes, we'd have to pay no matter where it's held. But if we pay at Trump's resort it's a very bad look for him as President. I hope he's paying for it.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:51 PM
Come and Take Them!

Thanked 7,339 Times in 2,118 Posts

Quote:

Seriously, the President is going to host world leaders at a property he owns, this property will bill the world leaders, and he will profit from it.

But, he is also proving to so many that people will no longer stand up for right and wrong.

Your so weak.
Trump was elected with the voters knowing full well he had businesses. If you don't like him, then vote against him in the next election. Your continued whining serves no useful purpose.

Emoluments refer to gifts!! Payment for a service provided is an exchange for fair value and is not a gift!!

Your (you are, you're) so stupid.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alv7722 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 01:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,922 Times in 6,963 Posts

Quote:

Your so weak.
And youre so ignorant.

Quote:
You guys are amazing.

COST....Thats the talking point your going to hang your hat on.

So, the resort is open during that time, and the market would naturally get people to come and stay or not come and stay, based on you know the market. Like conservatives want.

But instead, the President who owns the property instead takes taxpayers dollars to host an international event at his privately owned property. Charging whatever he is going to charge people, forcing them to stay at his property. Forcing the US government to pay for upgrades that come with hosting heads of state.

George W Bush came to my town once, and the amounts of work we had to do to host him was amazing, and super costly. You are paying for these upgrades.

Seriously, cost, thats your defense.

What if President Obama or Bill Clinton owned a hotel and did the same thing? Tell me how that would be fine.

Oh wait, its the sticking it to the libs position.

There are dozens and dozens of 5 star resorts in this country that could host this event, and President Trump could have chosen any of them. Instead he chose HIS property. And you all go out of your way to apologize for him.

You are not patriots. You are lapdogs.
And you are a useful idiot of a troll.
No one is apologizing.

Were laughing at people like you who let your TDS dictate everything you think and feel. Its funny, except that its so sad to think of people like you getting to vote.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 04:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,178 Times in 2,673 Posts

Quote:
But it again comes down to the improvements to the resort that may be needed. Does "at cost" mean the resort pays for the improvements out of its own pocket? Or do We The People pay to improve Trump's resort for G7? Yes, we'd have to pay no matter where it's held. But if we pay at Trump's resort it's a very bad look for him as President. I hope he's paying for it.
I'm sure it's already a 5 star resort. What needs to be "improved?"
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuggle Monkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 04:56 PM

Like I said, "may." I don't know. Security infrastructure maybe? Just a guess.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:03 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,913 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
I don't know....I'm sure the folks that operate Camp David would do a decent job.
So do you really know or not know.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:53 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,178 Times in 2,673 Posts

Quote:
Well I don't see them building bunkers or full time barracks for security/troops. If they bring in walk through metal detectors or X-ray equipment they can just as easily take it away when the event is over.

If President Trump is actually hosting the summit "at cost" he's likely to lose profit as the resort isn't likely to be open to the public for the duration of the event.

President Trump has probably figured out by now that the Marxists/Globalists have dedicated their heart's & soul's to destroying him at any cost. I doubt he'll blunder into the same type of "pay for play" that every single other President/politician has done in this country for the last 50 years & probably more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuggle Monkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,778 Times in 2,403 Posts

A real way to "troll the libs" would be to cancel the event in its entirety.

As it stands, its makes for some pretty bad optics and is just fueling a fire a somewhere.

With all the people who consume and believe what the media tells them, perception is reality and pulling a stunt like this doesn't do anybody any favors.

And to everyone screeching "he is doing it at cost!" that doesn't mean **** particularly when the initial cost will be higher than previously used venues.

Even if his family stands to make no profit, its still going to cost millions of dollars to host regardless. So nobody is really saving any money and his resort is just getting massive PR and promotional advertising by hosting the posh global elites via the tax payer.

4D chess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helion For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 11:01 AM
Retired kafir

Thanked 48,023 Times in 11,119 Posts

Quote:
Presidents and world leaders have come to town before. Stayed in existing hotels before. They didn't have to tear them down, start over and make them into Fort Knox.

When the mooch and her tribe went on all their vacations did they rebuild Spain just for her? How about Aspen Colorado? All they do is keep the proles away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 11:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 32,458 Times in 7,846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
I missed the part where Trump is forcing people to stay at his property. If the other six nation's deligates want to stay somewhere else, I am sure that they are well within their rights to do so. South Florida has a lot of hotels and resorts.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that the resort actually loses money on this deal. I imagine the resort will probably be closed to all other business. We'll see if anyone publishes the finances for the month of the G7 vs the same months in past years.

Yep, they need not stay there. They are free to stay anywhere.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggle Monkey View Post
If President Trump is actually hosting the summit "at cost" he's likely...
Exactly.

I don't dislike Trump's presidency, on the whole. But I think we would all be wise to view powerful people with a moderate level of suspicion, regardless of political party or track record.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surviving Suburbia For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 12:11 PM
Joe McCarthy was Right!

Thanked 8,899 Times in 2,844 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
A lot of the government is corrupt, that means the people. Trump knows that. Id be willing to believe that he thinks he can control leaks better at his own property since many of the people around him cannot be trusted.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crackshot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 07:50 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 8,781 Times in 2,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
Even though I support Trump and WILL vote for him again, I don't think this is good sense..even at cost.

You know as well as I, the little fact of "at cost" will be left out of most on line news channels and the MSM reporting therefore will be viewed as profiteering.

Camp David would've been my recommendation. Known property, so secret service and other security is aware and knowledgeable, it represents the USA/.gov, and it is staffed with service members and .gov people.

edit: I will enjoy the exploding heads!!!

I guess the Never Trumpers could use the situation also:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...__friends.html
Old 10-19-2019, 11:42 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 66,823 Times in 20,478 Posts

Trump reverses Doral decision.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...4aa_story.html

"Trump says his Doral golf resort will no longer host next year’s G-7 summit, bowing to criticism"

"Trump wrote, “I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have . . . its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives. I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!”"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 11:49 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 8,781 Times in 2,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
Trump reverses Doral decision.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...4aa_story.html

"Trump says his Doral golf resort will no longer host next years G-7 summit, bowing to criticism"

"Trump wrote, I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have . . . its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives. I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!"
Good.

Take the ammo away from the libtards and never trumpers.