Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Type Of Nursing is Best for a Career? Purdy Bear Health, Fitness and First Aid 3 08-08-2014 03:54 PM
3/5/13 - 'Nightmare' bacteria spreading in U.S. hospitals, nursing homes: CDC NHCraigT Manmade and Natural Disasters 10 03-07-2013 10:00 PM
Graduated Nursing School Semplice Vita General Discussion 13 09-03-2012 07:40 PM
Let's Swap Jails for Nursing Homes txflyer General Discussion 12 12-09-2011 10:16 AM
Nursing Mamas MotherBear Ladies Section 20 10-19-2011 03:02 PM
Christians block radical Christians from soldiers funeral! Antwan23 General Discussion 21 03-14-2011 11:23 AM
A Tea For Nursing Mothers Dutchess Ladies Section 5 06-06-2009 10:57 AM
Nursing home shooting loki General Discussion 23 03-31-2009 05:34 PM
My opinion on a GREAT teacher for Christians. AbnInfantryNmaine Religious Discussion 4 01-18-2009 11:31 AM
Do you have family in a Nursing Home? countryboy123 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 10-09-2008 04:46 PM

Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,658 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default Too ALL CHRISTIANS.. What's your opinion of Nursing Homes?

Advertise Here

HOW MANY DEVOUT CHRISTIANS.... have tossed their ELDERLY PARENTS into a Nursing Home????

Sound like a stupid question??? I don't think so.

IF IF IF .... you put your Elderly Parent into a Nursing Home.... you ARE A HYPOCRITE....

You ain't living NO CHRISTIAN LIFE...............
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Grounded

Thanked 1,500 Times in 685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Testing View Post
HOW MANY DEVOUT CHRISTIANS.... have tossed their ELDERLY PARENTS into a Nursing Home????

IF IF IF .... you put your Elderly Parent into a Nursing Home.... you ARE A HYPOCRITE....

I would agree with your post if it had an allowance for those who place their parents in a nursing home because they truly believe the standard of care would be better there. Some medical conditions may make taking care of a parent at home nearly impossible.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks

Thanked 7,425 Times in 2,946 Posts

I worked in a nursing home. It is so sad, and heart breaking.

Really you don't have a right to tell people what is Christian and isn't without knowing all the circumstances. Some people just can't take care of their parents.

In fact, I knew a mother/daughter combo at the 'assisted living' facility I worked at. Daughter was schizophrenic and the mom couldn't take care of her, she couldn't take care of herself, family was unable - so into the home they went.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotherEarth For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,127 Posts

Where are your parents?

Mine are in their 80's and at home.

Quote:

Donate to help this forum.
www.survivalistboards.com/payments.php

New Solar Powered Backup Generator Provides Instant Electrical Power In Any Outage Or Disaster.
http://images.ultracart.com/aff/E1DE...800/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixelguy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,706 Posts

My great grandmother was in one, and it got a rat problem. Never witnessed one "inside", but outside... there was usually a big flock/group/herd of them, at least 10 strong, within 10 feet of the main entrance, all around the air conditioner, probably inside the ducts. I was too young at the time to be outraged but I can't believe other people didn't seem to mind. Not talking little pet rats either, these things were as big as fairly small to medium sized possums.

Last edited by corndogggy; 12-14-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,306 Times in 24,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherEarth View Post
I worked in a nursing home. It is so sad, and heart breaking.

Really you don't have a right to tell people what is Christian and isn't without knowing all the circumstances. Some people just can't take care of their parents.

In fact, I knew a mother/daughter combo at the 'assisted living' facility I worked at. Daughter was schizophrenic and the mom couldn't take care of her, she couldn't take care of herself, family was unable - so into the home they went.
Couldn't have said it better!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I would agree with your post if it had an allowance for those who place their parents in a nursing home because they truly believe the standard of care would be better there. Some medical conditions may make taking care of a parent at home nearly impossible.
I DID the NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE... it was called *sacrifice*. My Mother had been kicked out of 2... I REPEAT TWO.... Nursing Homes. She was ONLY ELIGIBLE FOR A GERATRIC PSYC WARD.... at $10,000/month private pay. The nearest bed was over 100 miles away. Therefore... I made the painful decision to QUIT MY JOB AND QUIT MY LIFE....to take care of HER all THOSE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took care of her 24/7 from 2005-2008. Not to mention the year 2004 that was a real trip with her Dementia setting in, while I was ATTEMPTING to maintain my FULL TIME JOB.

DO YOU ALL REALIZE...... Nursing Home Staff actually have a schedule... that is... THEY ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO SPEND x AMOUNTS OF MINUTES WITH EACH PATIENT.

You DO KNOW THIS??????????? Don't you????????????????

I JUST SAID MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not hours) What kind of CARE do you HONESTLY BELIEVE YOUR LOVED ONES ARE GETTING????????????
Old 12-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks

what are you angry/bitter about? You did the right thing.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MotherEarth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,706 Posts

Anybody remember the sit-com called "Dinosaurs"? They had an interesting solution to all this... when someone reached age 70... their son-in-law got to throw them off a cliff.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:

Curious...why mention "JUST" Christians

I would think everyone will at sometime have to deal with elderly parents

This "question" seems more like an attack...am I wrong?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,730 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:

You have no interest in getting opinion from Christians on nursing homes. Your only interested in the use of double negatives and calling people names. That is really stinks of bigotry. Maybe you should take the plank out of your eye before you try to take splinter out of someone else's.

As a side note, I'm curious about the Christian view on this, but I doubt there will be much real response due to the fear of being attacked by a bigot. Is this type of attack even allowed here?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boldimagery For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 07:57 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
I DID the NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE... it was called *sacrifice*. My Mother had been kicked out of 2... I REPEAT TWO.... Nursing Homes. She was ONLY ELIGIBLE FOR A GERATRIC PSYC WARD.... at $10,000/month private pay. The nearest bed was over 100 miles away. Therefore... I made the painful decision to QUIT MY JOB AND QUIT MY LIFE....to take care of HER all THOSE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took care of her 24/7 from 2005-2008. Not to mention the year 2004 that was a real trip with her Dementia setting in, while I was ATTEMPTING to maintain my FULL TIME JOB.

DO YOU ALL REALIZE...... Nursing Home Staff actually have a schedule... that is... THEY ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO SPEND x AMOUNTS OF MINUTES WITH EACH PATIENT.

I JUST SAID MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not hours) What kind of CARE do you HONESTLY BELIEVE YOUR LOVED ONES ARE GETTING????????????

what is this really about...you ask Christians a nutty question, then brag about what you did for your own mother...

what is this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM
It's ok to be white

I'm thinking Dr. Jack and his Bud maybe at work here
The Following User Says Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Custom User Title

Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,028 Posts

Well im not a christian, but my great grandfather was in a wonderful nursing home. There not all hell holes. The owners of the nursing home took great care of their patients and kept them busy. Then again, this one was based in someones house, not some dark hospital.
The Following User Says Thank You to justin_baker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Grounded

Thanked 1,500 Times in 685 Posts

Quote:

Nursing homes are designed to care for the body. They can not be expected to love the patients. That's the family's job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I love this forum

I am DEEPLY SORRY FOR THIS POSTING!!! After speaking with my sons... *they* pointed out a very important factor... my Mother's B-day is Dec 28. She just died July 2008. Guess I'm getting a tad bit crazy lately???

Yeah... I AM!!!

Sorry I brought this to a forum level.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks

It's ok, 123. I'm sure you feel worse than most people feel bothered.
We all have irrational moments in life.
Peace to you. You did good.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MotherEarth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,730 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
I am DEEPLY SORRY FOR THIS POSTING!!! After speaking with my sons... *they* pointed out a very important factor... my Mother's B-day is Dec 28. She just died July 2008. Guess I'm getting a tad bit crazy lately???

Yeah... I AM!!!

Sorry about your loss. I lost my grandfather last year around this time too. Its hard, and I know were your coming from.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boldimagery For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
one prep closer...

Quote:

Yeah... I AM!!!

Losing a family member or any loved one is never easy.
My first job, when I was in high-school, was in a retirement center/nursing home in FL. As wonderful and dedicated to the residents as the staff was, they were still just employees. Nothing can take the place of the love and care of family.
I know it wasn't easy, but it sounds to me like you did the right thing by taking care of your mother.
I'm not gonna crack your coconuts about your post, I'm truly sorry for your loss and I know how difficult that is to deal with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 45survive For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 01:11 AM
one prep closer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndogggy View Post
My great grandmother was in one, and it got a rat problem. Never witnessed one "inside", but outside... there was usually a big flock/group/herd of them, at least 10 strong, within 10 feet of the main entrance, all around the air conditioner, probably inside the ducts. I was too young at the time to be outraged but I can't believe other people didn't seem to mind. Not talking little pet rats either, these things were as big as fairly small to medium sized possums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndogggy View Post
Anybody remember the sit-com called "Dinosaurs"? They had an interesting solution to all this... when someone reached age 70... their son-in-law got to throw them off a cliff.
Thank God, I'm not related to you.