Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earth quake changed the earth's rotation hightech_redneck General Discussion 17 06-02-2015 04:01 AM
Agartha(Inner Earth) vs. The Annunaki// Expedition to Inner Earth ACME_MAN Controversial News and Alternative Politics 26 10-19-2013 07:38 PM
Near Earth Object Earth Close Approach Chart ACME_MAN Controversial News and Alternative Politics 5 08-24-2013 02:23 PM
NE VIC - My Planting Calendar Mr.Solo Australia and New Zealand 0 05-22-2013 11:07 PM
Mayan Calendar rextex Jokes, Humor & Music 0 11-10-2012 11:01 PM
Get your *10* year calendar here! ElevenBravo29th Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 9 07-30-2012 02:19 AM
Is the Mayan calendar 'off' by the same number of years as the gregorian calendar? Sig226 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 2 02-22-2012 10:34 AM
Liturgical Calendar 300mag Religious Discussion 17 01-08-2012 05:50 PM
Calendar cragmor Controversial News and Alternative Politics 6 10-06-2011 03:36 PM
Do you have a calendar in your bag? se'kunchance Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 5 05-03-2011 02:42 PM

Old 04-13-2015, 07:55 PM
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Thanked 32,088 Times in 7,660 Posts
Default Earth's Changes and God's Calendar

Advertise Here

Hang in there with me while I try to articulate some of my thoughts. I was just watching this fascinating video from S0. It's not too long, so I'll wait while you catch up.

Now I know there is a lot of debate over the Old Earth/New Earth theories, but I believe in the Old Earth theory and that humans were created on the 6th day (or roughly about 6-8k years ago) and that we are currently in the 7th day, or God's day of rest. (I don't want to debate that in this thread and if you don't believe that, that's fine. It's not the point here anyway. ) When God was creating, it seems to me that things then continued progressing to the point we are at today. For example...200 years ago, we hadn't even discovered germs, or how to harness electricity, or cure diseases...or...well, a lot of things we take for granted today.

According to the video, past pole shifts have corresponded with extinction level events, like Noah's flood. God has said he would never again destroy the earth with water. The next time it will be with fire. With our weakening magnetosphere and the pole flip, we are becoming increasingly more vulnerable to our sun.

Although I don't know if it will happen within our lifetimes, I do believe that we are living in the last days and that what was written in the Bible is coming to pass and that things are speeding up before our eyes. Everything just seems to be falling neatly into place, where even 50 years ago we didn't seem to be anywhere near some of the events that are now taking place.

I'm frustrated that I'm not explaining this very well, but it seems to me that God uses what our puny minds (that barely understand anything) refer to as scientific methods of achieving his desired outcomes. (DNA...two codes...a code within a code comes to mind.) If you are still with me and still following any part of what I'm trying to convey, what are you thoughts on the weakening magnetosphere and the pole reversal playing some role in what the Bible says is to come?

In re-reading what I wrote, all I can say is, "yep...I butchered this one."
Old 04-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,366 Times in 19,750 Posts

Do you suppose that God's 'days' are all the same length? Because if they are, then if the first 6 days take up the first 4.6 billion years of Earth's existence, then each of His days are about 767 million years long. His Seventh Day is just getting started. He probably hasn't even poured His morning coffee yet. We have some time before the end. That's assuming we aren't using the 13.8 billion year age of the Universe. Then His days are even longer.
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2015, 09:21 PM
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
Do you suppose that God's 'days' are all the same length? Because if they are, then if the first 6 days take up the first 4.6 billion years of Earth's existence, then each of His days are about 767 million years long. His Seventh Day is just getting started. He probably hasn't even poured His morning coffee yet. We have some time before the end. That's assuming we aren't using the 13.8 billion year age of the Universe. Then His days are even longer.
No, I don't think that. Since God is outside of time, it doesn't really relate to how we view time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,366 Times in 19,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ella View Post
No, I don't think that. Since God is outside of time, it doesn't really relate to how we view time.
How do we determine the length of God's days? It might give us some idea of when His day off ends. Because our End Times are probably not going to happen on His day off.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:28 PM
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
How do we determine the length of God's days? It might give us some idea of when His day off ends. Because our End Times are probably not going to happen on His day off.
I don't think we can determine that.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ella View Post
I don't think we can determine that.
I don't believe so either...

Lets add science to the those playing the science card...prior to the first Creation how much did God weigh, how fast did He move, what was His Gravitational effect...all these affect time.

When we get those all answer (and we cannot) we can tell if 6 days was 6 days.

Of course its much easier for Christians like me...I don't have to guess, measure or postulate.

I just take His Word for it. If He says so...it is
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gondwana For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2015, 07:48 AM
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondwana View Post
I don't believe so either...

Lets add science to the those playing the science card...prior to the first Creation how much did God weigh, how fast did He move, what was His Gravitational effect...all these affect time.

When we get those all answer (and we cannot) we can tell if 6 days was 6 days.

Of course its much easier for Christians like me...I don't have to guess, measure or postulate.

I just take His Word for it. If He says so...it is
I, too, take His Word on everything, but what did he mean for His Word to say in the original Hebrew? The word "yom" was used and it has four literal translations: 1) a portion of the daylight hours (2) the entire daylight segment of a twenty-four-hour day, (3) a twenty-four-hour day, and (4) a long but finite time period. Unlike the modern Hebrew and English, biblical Hebrew had no other word for a finite era or epoch. It's a mystery.

I was really hoping for thought about earth's changes relating to what's to come, but trying to steer a discussion online is like trying to herd cats...lol. All you can do is toss it out there (and I did such a terribly poor job of it in this thread to begin with) and hope for the best.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:22 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,649 Times in 656 Posts

Doesn't it say in his Word , that one day in heaven is like 1000 days?
Old 04-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,203 Times in 5,723 Posts

I believe that the earth rotated at a far different rate then it does now.
Before recreation Genesis 1-2 some speculate.
and after the flood .
the earth has gone through some radical changes from creation on and it is planned to finish it's existence one way or another, no matter what man can do to it.
The sun will finish it off .
As for the relevance of time , we always get it wrong thinking with our finite mind, all relative to our own existence.
A tsunami though in the right direction changes the earths speed by a fraction and thus our weather .
Time is an invention/fantasy, it is not a fabric.
There are illusions of time alteration but they remain illusion .
God is not bound to time nor our plans either.
Knowing our nature and desperation to manipulate time , it is merely a reference point to that end, but God is under no such constraint.
At some point the declaration will be made Time will be no more. look it up !
It wil no longer be relevant to any thing, man will need to be concerned with.
So the fate of the earth it's self is of no great consequence , in the bigger picture.
As for the OP.
They tell me that the sun is diminishing in the flares which has an effect in the ionosphere as well, which may also be what's effecting the poles.
Either way, the future is exciting, and the privilege of living now is greater the I could have hoped for. We have seen the prophecies of scriptures come to life in ways those before us have only dreamed .
As seen by the hatred for God in our government and the UN these are what has been expected.

The great dragon caldera can discharge at any time and end the planet as we know it.
Isaiah 5;14 indicates hell is expanding.
The depths of the earth have always been referenced to being where hell is .
I have to wonder if the rise of the caldera and the ocean floor are relivent , with a shift in the poles meeting at one point ,can what makes the poles align be moving physically and actually cause an imbalance in the earth's rotation ?
A loose ball, with in a ball.
Isn't it true that the earth is not perfectly round, nor does it spin perfectly.
Like an out of balance tire, due to something left inside , eventually there will be a sudden shift.
That being the case ,it is possible that a shift in mass could cause the earth to wabble either closer to the sun or out of range and not take more than a few months.
Speculation mind you.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,538 Times in 637 Posts

Romans 8:19-22, 28 states,

Quote:
"For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration... in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
I have wondered if Adam's sin affected more than just mankind and its relationship with God. To undo Adam's sin, God needed a perfect Human life, which Jesus offered, to balance the scales that Adam upset. (Romans 5:12, 15-19)

Its similar to Thermodynamics.

You have a whole physical system brought into being by God's energy and in perfect balance; and then that system is upset by Sin and falls out of balance. With the system out of balance, decay and "entropy" start.

The Earth begins to experience cataclysmic events,

Like a great flood

Genesis 7:11-12:
Quote:
In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.
and then between 100 and 240 years after the flood you had the event mentioned here:

1 Chronicles 1:19:
Quote:
"Two sons were born to Eber: One was named Peleg, because in his time the earth was divided; his brother was named Joktan."
The Book of Jasher suggests that the "dividing" included more than just the migration of people, including perhaps continental movements.

Jesus, probably with his knowledge of the Earth from his previous life as a spirit, suggested that there would be great earthly disasters occurring in the last days, and specifically listed great earthquakes (Luke 21:11).

Also in the last days, when God's chosen are attacked, the attack does not prevail, notice all the "elements" that come into play against Gog of Magog (Ezekiel 38 and 39).

But, I do take God at his word that whatever tectonics we see in the last days, like during the Flood, the Earth itself will not be destroyed (Ecclesiastes 1:4, Psalm 78:69, Psalm 104:5) and his chosen as a people will be protected (Psalm 91.)
Old 04-15-2015, 06:36 AM
His Disciple

Thanked 8,210 Times in 3,311 Posts

To start off, God said in Genesis 1...5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. So there was evening, and there was morning, one day.

Now the question can then come down to, how long was an evening and how long was a morning? But I assume, based on our current cycle, a day to be 24 hours.

I did find the following part of Chapter 6 (Book of Jubilees) to be interesting:

17 For this reason it is ordained and written on the heavenly tablets, that they should celebrate the "Feast of Weeks" in this month once a year, to renew the covenant every year.

18 And this whole festival was celebrated in heaven from the day of creation till the days of Noah -twenty six jubilees and five weeks of years [1309-1659 A.M.]: and Noah and his sons observed it for seven jubilees and one week of years (350 years), till the day of Noah's death, and from the day of Noah's death his sons did away with it until the days of Abraham, and they eat blood.

19 But Abraham observed it, and Yitschaq and Yacob and his children observed it up to your days, and in your days the children of Yisrael forgot it until you celebrated it anew on this mountain.

20 And do you command the children of Yisrael to observe this festival in all their generations for a commandment unto them: one day in the year in this month they shall celebrate the festival.

21 For it is the "Feast of Weeks" and the “Feast of First Fruits:” this feast is twofold and of a double nature: according to what is written and engraved concerning it, celebrate it.

22 For I have written in the book of the first Torah, in that which I have written for you, that you should celebrate it in its season, one day in the year, and I explained to you its sacrifices that the children of Yisrael should remember and should celebrate it throughout their generations in this month, one day in every year.

23 And on the new month of the first month, and on the new month of the fourth month, and on the new month of the seventh month, and on the new month of the tenth month are the days of remembrance, and the days of the seasons in the four divisions of the year. These are written and ordained as a testimony forever.

24 And Noah ordained them for himself as feasts for the generations forever, so that they have become thereby a memorial unto him.

25 And on the new month of the first month he was bidden to make for himself an ark, and on that (day) the earth became dry and he opened (the ark) and saw the earth.

26 And on the new month of the fourth month the mouths of the depths of the abyss beneath were closed. And on the new month of the seventh month all the mouths of the abysses of the earth were opened, and the waters began to descend into them.

27 And on the new month of the tenth month the tops of the mountains were seen, and Noah was glad.

28 And on this account he ordained them for himself as feasts for a memorial forever, and thus are they ordained.

29 And they placed them on the heavenly tablets, each had thirteen weeks; from one to another (passed) their memorial, from the first to the second, and from the second to the third, and from the third to the fourth.

30 And all the days of the commandment will be fifty two weeks of days, and (these will make) the entire year complete. Thus it is engraved and ordained on the heavenly tablets.

31 And there is no neglecting (this commandment) for a single year or from year to year.

32 And command you the children of Yisrael that they observe the years according to this reckoning- three hundred and sixty-four days, and (these) will constitute a complete year, and they will not disturb its time from its days and from its feasts; for everything will fall out in them according to their testimony, and they will not leave out any day nor disturb any feasts.

33 But if they do neglect and do not observe them according to His commandment, then they will disturb all their seasons and the years will be dislodged from this (order), [and they will disturb the seasons and the years will be dislodged] and they will neglect their ordinances.

34 And all the children of Yisrael will forget and will not find the path of the years, and will forget the new months, and seasons, and Shabbats and they will go wrong as to all the order of the years.

35 For I know and from henceforth will I declare it unto you, and it is not of my own devising; for the book is written before me, and on the heavenly tablets the division of days is ordained, lest they forget the feasts of the covenant and walk according to the feasts of the Gentiles after their error and after their ignorance.

36 For there will be those who will assuredly make observations of the moon -how it disturbs the seasons and comes in from year to year ten days too soon.

37 For this reason the years will come upon them when they will disturb (the order), and make an abominable (day) the day of testimony, and an unclean day a feast day, and they will confound all the days, the kodesh (Holy) with the unclean, and the unclean day with the kodesh; for they will go wrong as to the months and Shabbats and feasts and jubilees.

38 For this reason I command and testify to you that you may testify to them; for after your death your children will disturb them, so that they will not make the year three hundred and sixty-four days only, and for this reason they will go wrong as to the new months and seasons and Shabbats and festivals, and they will eat all kinds of blood with all kinds of flesh.