The Official California SHTF Water Thread - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Food and water Discussion on food and water storage, water purification and related topics.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
California Official Gets Over 400K A Year Retirement swamp frog General Discussion 19 03-27-2013 10:30 PM
Why no official Sig Thread? The Machinist Firearms General Discussion 27 08-13-2012 07:12 PM
Official 9/11 thread Jim Boonie Site Information & Suggestion Box 0 07-17-2012 06:28 PM
California Official Orders Removal of Christmas Angel After Complaint Obsidian Religious Discussion 15 12-25-2009 06:44 AM

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:49 PM
I love this forum

Default The Official California SHTF Water Thread

Advertise Here

I feel the situation with the lack of water in CA is going to hit epic proportions very soon. CA doesn't even get the size of the problem. It's economic and socioeconomic impact will be immediately felt nationwide. I want to open up this thread now - because we all need to be talking. Talking about what we're doing to prepare - What is being done to us by local water authorities, the police, our gov't and when the inevitable SHTF riots come - we will be ahead of the game. I think it'll be here by July-August. December at the latest. When it hit's it's gonna be like a light switch - like a rolling blackout from which we don't come back.

Laugh at us all you want TX - but you're coming with us sooner or later.
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 11:53 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,070 Posts

Better later than sooner. HA HA
Old 04-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,058 Times in 7,442 Posts

Because it is un natural for so many people to live in the South west the planet will fix the problem

water will determine how many will live in so Cal
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Baddogg5 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 55,719 Times in 19,358 Posts

Official thread? What about all those other threads at SB that have been out for a while and hold a lot more information?

As for Texas, we can laugh. We already had the drought long before you guys were paying attention.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 02:37 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,630 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paha Sapa View Post
I feel the situation with the lack of water in CA is going to hit epic proportions very soon. CA doesn't even get the size of the problem. It's economic and socioeconomic impact will be immediately felt nationwide. I want to open up this thread now - because we all need to be talking. Talking about what we're doing to prepare - What is being done to us by local water authorities, the police, our gov't and when the inevitable SHTF riots come - we will be ahead of the game. I think it'll be here by July-August. December at the latest. When it hit's it's gonna be like a light switch - like a rolling blackout from which we don't come back.

Water has been critical in the Southwest for centuries. The Dumb Ass politicians in CA have been screwing you guys over for years- kinda like the rest of us in other states. Yours just seem to accelerate the stupidity to warp drive levels.
I mean really- minnows & delta smelt???? And then there are the damns & water projects you COULD have had in place already if it weren't for the fruits & nuts in your state.
Sorry dude. My suggestion- MOVE. They have given you & yours over for their own wack job ideals of saving the world from people. Wish more of them would just practice post partem ******** on themselves rather than taking the rest of us with em.
Wish we could just close that border too!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to longhorngnu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 02:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 19,617 Times in 6,925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paha Sapa View Post

You do realize that there are already about a dozen California water threads, right? Thank god you finally posted the "official" thread
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to panoz77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 03:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,115 Times in 6,633 Posts

If anyone is to blame for the water problems in CA it is the politicians. Not only for their **** poor management of agriculture, their insane laws (and water wasting) saving Delta Smelt) and allowing around 3 million illegal water users to enter the state.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 04:03 AM
Survivor

Thanked 58,899 Times in 19,107 Posts

When I get back to my land at the end of the month.... I think I'm going to sit under one of my waterfalls and laugh!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 04:45 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 22,970 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
If anyone is to blame for the water problems in CA it is the politicians. Not only for their **** poor management of agriculture, their insane laws (and water wasting) saving Delta Smelt) and allowing around 3 million illegal water users to enter the state.
Well said. The "environmentalists" in CA also have amazingly well funded & powerful lobbyist groups. Thus, smelt, frogs, mollusks etc., are a higher priority humans & CA politicians swallow that hype.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:45 AM
Corpsman Up

Thanked 6,903 Times in 2,227 Posts

It's raining in my AO all week.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:27 AM
I love this forum

I find it interesting that people sit back and laugh at the situation. They say they don't live in California so let the entire state fall off the globe, dry up and blow away etc. etc. etc. What people do not realize is if farmers and ranchers cannot produce because of a handful of idiot politicians that have the backing from the major population centers that think their food is in the grocery store were in big trouble. This is going to have national and to a smaller extent global consequences.

What amazes me is people in the rest of the Union are not pressuring their elected representatives to force government action and sanctions against the state if it doesn't change it's ways. It's simple to do, just look at states like Wyoming who in the 80's and early 90's still had a 19 year old drinking age. Well, the federal gubment didn't like that so they said either raise your drinking age to the national standard of 21 or we will stop your federal highway funding. Dirty pool, yes but it worked. Why is something like this not happening in California? pelosi, feinstein, boxer, moonbeam all can easily be brought under control, especially when it's water that being dumped into a basin to protect a non-threatened, non-native species. That water is shutting or has shut down major farming areas of the San Joaquin Valley. That area grows food produces meat and dairy year round and is huge. The rest of the nation has one growing season, some small regions may have more but not to the extent of what this area produces. There is a reason that the Japanese government will buy rice from California farmers and have it shipped over there. Instead folks will just sit back and say who cares it's what they deserve. Well, watchout because you just might get what you are asking for.

Last edited by Pawpaw120; 04-08-2015 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: Edited out filter bypass
Old 04-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celt1776 View Post
I find it interesting that people sit back and laugh at the situation. They say they don't live in California so let the entire state fall off the globe, dry up and blow away etc. etc. etc. What people do not realize is if farmers and ranchers cannot produce because of a handful of idiot politicians that have the backing from the major population centers that think their food is in the grocery store were in big trouble. This is going to have national and to a smaller extent global consequences..
We act silly about it because that's really all we can do.

California needs the kind of changes they won't accept short of catastrophe. What might work immediately is if they passed legislation that said everyone with an even numbered address must move out right now.....as in today. Pack your trash and get across the state line immediately. And yet that might even not work. Halving the population instantly might only buy them time.

Btw, the farmers and ranchers aren't blameless in this either.

Then you get places like Sacramento where entire neighborhoods don't even have metered water and if you bring up the topic you get raging citizens that act like you just imposed a new 50% income tax. I live in a wet swampy area in east Texas and we still meter our water. How can you get people to even pay attention to water usage if you don't even bother to charge them for actual usage?

California is unsustainable on so many levels. Water is just the latest apocalyptic horseman trying to give them the hint.

This needs to play out and we shouldn't be trying to help them get out of their troubles or else they will just keep trying to stack their house of cards even further. If you think the fallout would be bad now then imagine it a couple decades from now if they just keep doing what they always have been.

Some things must break before folks are willing to fix them.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 03:52 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
We act silly about it because that's really all we can do.

California needs the kind of changes they won't accept short of catastrophe. What might work immediately is if they passed legislation that said everyone with an even numbered address must move out right now.....as in today. Pack your trash and get across the state line immediately. And yet that might even not work. Halving the population instantly might only buy them time.

Btw, the farmers and ranchers aren't blameless in this either.

Then you get places like Sacramento where entire neighborhoods don't even have metered water and if you bring up the topic you get raging citizens that act like you just imposed a new 50% income tax. I live in a wet swampy area in east Texas and we still meter our water. How can you get people to even pay attention to water usage if you don't even bother to charge them for actual usage?

California is unsustainable on so many levels. Water is just the latest apocalyptic horseman trying to give them the hint.

This needs to play out and we shouldn't be trying to help them get out of their troubles or else they will just keep trying to stack their house of cards even further. If you think the fallout would be bad now then imagine it a couple decades from now if they just keep doing what they always have been.

Some things must break before folks are willing to fix them.

You have a lot of really good points that are true in my opinion. My whole meaning to my post is unless something is done it's going to negatively effect the entire nation and that in my opinion is unacceptable. If the other sates and Congress stand by and let this happen they have some fault in this mess I believe.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celt1776 View Post
You have a lot of really good points that are true in my opinion. My whole meaning to my post is unless something is done it's going to negatively effect the entire nation and that in my opinion is unacceptable. If the other sates and Congress stand by and let this happen they have some fault in this mess I believe.
The rest of us have to stand by. California wants aid. Aid isn't what they need.

Aid will just push this disaster down the road and make it bigger when it does collapse.

Only when the mess collapses will the state accept it cannot be a high population state trying to live with not enough resources. There needs to be a collapse and an exodus. Then the rest of the nation needs to accept the fallout of new immigration and food supply shocks.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 04:56 PM
straight shooter

Thanked 5,292 Times in 1,646 Posts

Banish Nestle and all the other bottlers along with the politicians and their kickbacks.

http://www.motherjones.com/environme...fornia-drought
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OKCorral For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCorral View Post
Banish Nestle and all the other bottlers along with the politicians and their kickbacks.

Actually, the water bottlers could help the problem if they paired with municipal sources and the munis recycled waste water.

Above I mentioned that I live in wet east Texas and that we definitely meter our water, unlike places in bone dry Cali. Texas isn't a reg crazy state but we do see common sense. The point being that even with all of our rain we don't discard our waste and sewage water. We treat it for reuse. We get all of our water from surface water that must be fully treated anyway. So the same process is extended to our waste water too. Many of the local water bottlers just use the muni tap. That means our bottled water contains a percentage of recycled water. All this water we have here but we meter it and recycle it all anyway. Why? Because it doesn't take a fool to realize my city is growing like crazy. At some point water could become scarce through sheer demand. So as we grow we build the infrastructure necessary to preserve all the water we can. Strange how a wet and low regulation place has a far better handle on water usage than the land famous for environmental regs.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,560 Times in 6,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCorral View Post

Years ago I lived in a small town in the high desert in San Bernardino county the father of a certain former laker cheerleader that dances with cartoon cats came in and bought a piece of land drilled a well and killed the spring that was part of the towns' water supply and stuck it in bottles
The town thought this little venture was great for the tax base till it started gasping for thirst.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swamppapa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Default Fruits and Vegetables from the land of fruits

What Y'all might want to keep in mind is that CA produces about 70% of the fruits and Vegetables consumed in the US. So, the drought effects everybody, not just the Peoples Republic of CA.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smiledr69 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Target Shooter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackhawke88 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 58,899 Times in 19,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiledr69 View Post
What Y'all might want to keep in mind is that CA produces about 70% of the fruits and Vegetables consumed in the US. So, the drought effects everybody, not just the Peoples Republic of CA.
Not the people who produce their own or buy local.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread