Wise Foods vs Mountain House Smack Down - Page 55 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Food and water Discussion on food and water storage, water purification and related topics.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions on Mountain House Foods mshydeaway Reviews and questions 32 04-28-2017 09:02 AM
Wise or Mountain House? KingBaconTX Food and water 46 04-24-2016 01:55 AM
Mountain House vs Wise Foods....a Comparison badkarma Food and water 46 09-14-2015 11:59 AM
why use WISE & Mountain House when canned and drygoods bulk are available? drcii Food and water 142 01-24-2015 06:27 PM
MRE's or Mountain house type foods? Airsickness Urban Survival 34 08-06-2013 02:59 AM
Ancient Mountain House Foods Alpha-Zombie Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 14 04-16-2013 05:17 PM
New information on Wise and Mountain House Foods Pitcher Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 08-22-2012 12:29 PM
Wise, Mountain House or something else?? neosurvivalist Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 02-26-2010 04:05 PM

Old 06-18-2017, 11:21 PM
Oregon Survivalist

Thanked 1,450 Times in 781 Posts

Advertise Here

So full disclosure; a recall was issued by Oregon freeze dried for 1 product; Spicy Southwest Breakfast Hash, manufactured on 1 day only:

"OFD Foods, LLC., an Albany, Ore. establishment, is recalling approximately 197 pounds of beef product that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically rubber, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The beef hash item was produced on Dec. 22, 2016. The following product is subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]

3.88-oz. pouch of “MOUNTAIN HOUSE FREEZE DRIED SPICY SOUTHWEST BREAKFAST HASH,” with pouch code 3253174 and best by date of Dec. 2046.
The product subject to recall bears establishment number “EST. 1394” inside the USDA mark of inspection. "

read full story here; http://paratusnews.com/usda-orders-m...declared-high/

I'm not familiar with the product, and i suspect a lot more than the 197 lbs will wind up back in Albany, i wonder if the cleared products will be available for resale. Taste reviews anyone?
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 12:53 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,080 Times in 959 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post18guy View Post
So full disclosure; a recall was issued by Oregon freeze dried for 1 product; Spicy Southwest Breakfast Hash, manufactured on 1 day only:

"OFD Foods, LLC., an Albany, Ore. establishment, is recalling approximately 197 pounds of beef product that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically rubber, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The beef hash item was produced on Dec. 22, 2016. The following product is subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]

3.88-oz. pouch of “MOUNTAIN HOUSE FREEZE DRIED SPICY SOUTHWEST BREAKFAST HASH,” with pouch code 3253174 and best by date of Dec. 2046.
The product subject to recall bears establishment number “EST. 1394” inside the USDA mark of inspection. "

read full story here; http://paratusnews.com/usda-orders-m...declared-high/

I'm not familiar with the product, and i suspect a lot more than the 197 lbs will wind up back in Albany, i wonder if the cleared products will be available for resale. Taste reviews anyone?
Thanks for the heads-up! We don't have any of that. Looked.

-As an aside, does Mountain House / OFD have a brick & mortar company / discount store down Albany way?
Old 06-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 55,751 Times in 19,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelfilter View Post

-As an aside, does Mountain House / OFD have a brick & mortar company / discount store down Albany way?
I've never heard of MH having their own stores. They use existing sports retailers and the big box stores instead.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelfilter View Post

Hi Camelfilter,

I can confirm that we don't currently have a "company store". Unfortunately, we're just not set up for it. Now if you're interested in cheese and don't mind a bit of a drive, the good folks up in Tillamook have a killer facility...

Thanks!

--MH
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mountain House For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2018, 12:27 AM
Oregon Survivalist

Zombie Post revival for anyone that hasn't checked it out in awhile or ever......

thanks for your interest;

Enjoy-
The Following User Says Thank You to Post18guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 02:02 PM
Oregon Survivalist

Default Vice News weighs in on Wise Foods

Dandy article on living on Wise for a week and buying supplements fairly quickly;
https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/arti...ste-like-v25n1
Enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Post18guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Oregon Survivalist

Holy Freeze-Dried Cow!

I can't believe its been a year since my last post. the topic today is wheat and gluten free options for freeze dried or MRE meal choices. Taste tests and personal preferences and why appreciated, as well as suppliers and availability.

I've got a friend with a wheat sensitivity putting together his conflagration kit for this summer's firefighting season and I know that there are more meal options out there aside from the few he has found and tried so far.

Your ongoing support and knowledge base remains appreciated!