DDCCBBourone "The Sssoldier/s Son" CONTINUING THREAD: - Page 36 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What rifle is this? AMC's new program "The Son"... OverUnder27 Firearms General Discussion 12 01-05-2017 08:03 AM
What rifle is this? AMC's new program "The Son"... OverUnder27 Firearms General Discussion 4 01-05-2017 07:58 AM

Old 08-31-2019, 02:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,847 Times in 2,895 Posts
Exclamation Update

Advertise Here

I finished the .pdf of S.S. that DC sent yesterday afternoon, (with the exception of the outline/notes for the possible last two chapters). It is, in my opinion, ready for publication, but it is not my decision to make.

I had a phone convo with DC around 7:00PM last night and he again asked me to remain in the role of official pain in the ass. Toward that end, I will be calling him every two days with the same message; "Publish the damn book!" I will continue to do that until he either refuses to answer the phone OR he publishes.

He is in process of some rather drastic lifestyle changes which should come to pass sometime around November or so. He said he will be sharing some of this with the group. There will also be "Gehriverse" artifacts in the near, (and not-so-near) future that should please the groupies and hangers-on.

At DC's suggestion I am working on a companion piece to S.S. explaining "from whence they came". It will be more archival than entertainment and, although the Gehr family exists in the dimension of fiction, there is much human history that was the very real basis for this story. For that reason you might call this project a mash-up of fiction and history... kind of a "Fictistory". FWIW, I have archived about 60% of the original thread as source material.

I will close this post with a message to DC; PUBLISH THE DAMN BOOK!

---tort--
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 04:54 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 9,958 Times in 458 Posts
Default --Getting back in form

--mtnairkin--um...yes. Back. Pretty horrified at time/how long/what is time/delays. Yeah like this is a new subject. Much appreciated on proofing--
this is "proofed enough kinda sorta" and a trick question:

Can anyone figure out why I might not want to create/expose a "perfect" document?

--angerhater much thanks and the vulture thing is so disgusting...really, just the cliche/s. Unreal. Bizarre combo denial/greed/malice and a "cultural" element recently introduced from another continent--no further comment ever...but fascinating.

--Disgrunted--"apples all over the ground"--awesome!! And much thanks on follow up with 2Med.

--2Med!!!! And there she is!!!! Absolutely critical voice/presence here, my dear. And take care of your man....we can wait. And yes please talk soon!!

--Nomad-max good to see you and join the crowd for harassing 2Med.

--tortminder is indeed a designated "PITA" and also, like this forum, a reminder
of time--historically very blurry for me--did I really post here....um....more than a year ago? Really? And life-style changes, yep, pondered/dreamed of for years...some non-optimal, and some ideal: for instance a life-time spent out doors, now possible/likely/certain. Will be writing posting "from the road"--pretty much forever--as a past and future master of "dispersed camping" on the nation's forests/blm/and any nook and cranny I can find. Quite likely I will never leave Arizona/Utah/Wyoming/Idaho again at some point--the laws and people being favorable in so many ways--More on this later.

--and GENERAL NOTE: have discussed at length and quite a few times the value of tort/s extended posts on the background history etc. of the/our world which would include/evolve/provoke a "Gehr Waffen" phenomenon--so let's all nag him. Ruthlessly. And forever.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 06:15 PM
Survivor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCBourone View Post
--and GENERAL NOTE: have discussed at length and quite a few times the value of tort/s extended posts on the background history etc. of the/our world which would include/evolve/provoke a "Gehr Waffen" phenomenon--so let's all nag him. Ruthlessly. And forever.
Hey DC...

---tort--
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Mitakuye Oyasin!

Thanked 2,263 Times in 598 Posts

Ok. I must be losing my mind. I can't see my previous post anywhere. Hmmmmmmmmm. Also, Disgruntled.... Call me please.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2medicine woman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 05:16 PM
Survivor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2medicine woman View Post
Ok. I must be losing my mind. I can't see my previous post anywhere. Hmmmmmmmmm. Also, Disgruntled.... Call me please.
Try post #698 Den Mother.

====================================
From today's research on the history of the Family Gehr;

Around 1500, a Spaniard named Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo wrote or adapted a series of novels about Amadís, a knight-errant from the fairytale country of Gaula (unconnected with Gaul or Wales). The fifth book of the Amadís de Gaula series, The Exploits of Esplandián, is about Amadís’s son. The latter became involved with a race of Amazonian warrior women and their queen Califia (or Calafia or Califre – spellings vary). Her name was possibly derived from caliph, Spain having recently been conquered by Christians after lengthy Islamic rule.

In the stories, Califia was a formidable warrior, with a menagerie of 500 griffins that were fed on human flesh. She lived in a realm called California or Califerne, an island-state near the lands newly discovered by Christopher Columbus. Since Columbus at first believed he had landed in the Indies, in the Amadís tales California is also located near Constantinople, or – in Montalvo’s totally mythical geography – “on the right hand 
of the Indies”.

In the early 16th century these stories were carried to the Americas as intellectual baggage 
by the Spanish conquistadors, who believed the fictions to be based on ancient truth. Somewhere, just over the horizon, the Spaniards thought they would find an island of Amazons, “rich in pearls and gold”, as Hernán Cortés wrote to Charles V of Spain. So when, in 1542, Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo sailed up the west coast of North America and charted a prominent peninsula, he believed it to be the island realm of Queen Califia and named it California – now the Baja California peninsula in Mexico.

---tort--
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Survivor

Exclamation More research on the family Gehr

Chances are that somewhere in the Gehr & Sohn Waffenfabrik compound library Papa Gehr would have a Großmesser c. 1500.

Großmesser (Oss 307) in Schwarzburger Zeughaus, the armoury of the Schwarzburg castle (photo: Konrad Kessler)

Contrary to common belief, it is not the sword but the “Messer” – German for knife – that should be considered the most widespread bladed weapon in medieval and early modern Germany. It existed in many varieties and had a number of different functions. Depending on the circumstances of its use, the Messer was also called “Langes Messer” (long knife), “Großes Messer” (Great Knife), Bauernwehr or Hauswehr (peasant’s or household arm) and Kriegsmesser (war knife).

It is generally defined by a single-edged blade with a knife-like hilt construction. The single-edged blade provides a higher sturdiness. Along with the sturdiness, the weight of the blade – compared to a double-edged weapon – makes the Messer not only a weapon but also a good tool.

The hilt construction of the Messer usually shows a slab tang covered with pegged wooden grip plates. In addition to the common straight cross-guard, Messer hilts often include a “Nagel” (nail) – a simple or decorated third parry on the side of the cross-guard.

Like early swords, Messers were also used as hunting weapons without differentiating between their purposes. Although later hunting-swords developed a specific blade design, the major difference in later Messers for hunting, civilian and war use is to be found in the decoration and material of the hilts.

Depending on its use, the Messer can also combine additional functions, most commonly a saw back, which, besides, also can be observed on hunting knives as well as Messer-type weapons for engineers in military use.

+++++++++++++++

PUBLISH THE BOOK D.C.

---tort--
Old 09-04-2019, 11:17 PM

Default The Perfect Book

At last. After following this thread for several years I can finally offer a contribution to this long and painful journey.

Background:My wife of 30-some years is a writer and has published 6 fiction books for Penguin as well as 2 textbooks and 11 magazine articles. So when she says there is no such thing as the perfect book, I feel she has some credibility to make that statement. According to her you write the book, have a qualified editor review it and quote "shove it in the envelope". Now she cannot comment with experience on the whole Amazon thing or IP as that is handled by either Penguin or a writer's agent.

Since you are publishing on Kindle, your IP rights should protected as Amazon has opened a whole vista to talented writers of which she feels you may be one of the best "virgins" she has ever read.

Yes I am proud of my now retired author/wife and when she published a short story in Playboy about 20 years ago, I was a god among my troop. You would have thought I had been awarded the CMH.

If you wait to publish the perfect book you may miss not only the satisfaction of the first book, but you are burning daylight on any followup efforts.

This post was brought to you courtesy of my wife.

Go for it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wizard.mk18 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,290 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortminder View Post
...Spain having recently been conquered by Christians after lengthy Islamic rule.
Do tell. Not " The invading Islamist barbarians were finally ejected"?
Old 09-05-2019, 12:22 PM
Survivor

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
Do tell. Not " The invading Islamist barbarians were finally ejected"?
Perhaps a better choice of words on my part would have been "reconquered". The nits have been properly picked.
---tort--
The Following User Says Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Survivor

Exclamation Betelgeuse!

The constellation Orion, (the hunter), plays a role in the Gehr family mythology.

Orion Constellation

Orion constellation is one of the brightest and best known constellations in the night sky. It lies on the celestial equator.

Orion has been known since ancient times. The constellation is also known as the Hunter, as it is associated with one in Greek mythology. It represents the mythical hunter Orion, who is often depicted in star maps as either facing the charge of Taurus, the bull, pursuing the Pleiades sisters, represented by the famous open cluster, or chasing after the hare (constellation Lepus) with his two hunting dogs, represented by the nearby constellations Canis Major and Canis Minor.

The constellation Orion contains two of the ten brightest stars in the sky – Rigel (Beta Orionis) and Betelgeuse (Alpha Orionis) – a number of famous nebulae – the Orion Nebula (Messier 42), De Mairan’s Nebula (Messier 43) and the Horsehead Nebula, among others – the well-known Trapezium Cluster, and one of the most prominent asterisms in the night sky – Orion’s Belt.

FACTS, LOCATION & MAP

Orion is the 26th constellation in size, occupying an area of 594 square degrees. It is located in the first quadrant of the northern hemisphere (NQ1) and can be seen at latitudes between +85° and -75°. The neighboring constellations are Eridanus, Gemini, Lepus, Monoceros and Taurus.

Orion belongs to the Orion family of constellations, along with Canis Major, Canis Minor, Lepus and Monoceros. The constellation contains three Messier objects – Messier 42 (M42, NGC 1976, Orion Nebula), Messier 43 (M43, NGC 1982, De Mairan’s Nebula), and Messier 78 (M78, NGC 2068) – and has seven stars with known planets.

The brightest star in the constellation is Rigel, Beta Orionis, with an apparent magnitude of 0.18. Rigel is also the sixth brightest star in the sky. The second brightest star in Orion, Betelgeuse, Alpha Orionis, has an apparent magnitude of 0.43 and is the eighth brightest star in the night sky. There are two meteor showers associated with Orion, the Orionids and the Chi Orionids. The Orionid meteor shower reaches its peak around October 21 every year.
orion constellation,star map,star chart,stars in orion,orion location

Orion Constellation Map, by IAU and Sky&Telescope magazine

MYTH

In Greek mythology, the hunter Orion was the most handsome of men. He was the son of the sea god Poseidon and Euryale, the daughter of King Minos of Crete. In Homer’s Odyssey, Orion is described as exceptionally tall and armed with an unbreakable bronze club.

In one myth, Orion fell in love with the Pleiades, the seven sisters, daughters of Atlas and Pleione. He started pursuing them and Zeus scooped them up and placed them in the sky. The Pleiades are represented by the famous star cluster of the same name, located in the constellation Taurus. Orion can still be seen chasing the sisters across the sky at night.

In another story, Orion fell in love with Merope, the beautiful daughter of King Oenopion, who didn’t return his affections.

One night, he had too much to drink and tried to force himself on her. The king, enraged, put out Orion’s eyes and banished him from his land, the island of Chios. Hephaestus felt sorry for the blind, wandering Orion and offered one of his assistants to guide the hunter and act as his eyes. Orion eventually encountered an oracle that told him if he went east toward the sunrise, his sight would be restored. Orion did so and his eyes were miraculously healed.

The constellation Orion has its origins in Sumerian mythology, specifically in the myth of Gilgamesh. Sumerians associated it with the story of their hero fighting the bull of heaven, represented by Taurus. They called Orion URU AN-NA, which means “the light of heaven.” Their name for the constellation Taurus was GUD AN-NA, or “the bull of heaven.”

Orion is often shown as facing the attack of a bull, yet there are no myths in Greek mythology telling any such tale. When describing the constellation, the Greek astronomer Ptolemy describes the hero with a club and lion’s pelt, both of which are usually associated with Heracles, but there is no evidence in mythology books of a direct relation between the constellation and Heracles. However, since Heracles, the most famous of Greek heroes, is represented by the much less conspicuous constellation Hercules, and since one of his tasks was to catch the Cretan bull, there are at least hints of a possible connection between the two.

Most myths about Orion’s death involve a scorpion, but the stories differ from one mythographer to another. In one tale, Orion boasted to the goddess Artemis and her mother Leto that he could kill any beast on earth. The Earth Goddess heard him and sent a scorpion, which stung the giant to death. In another story, he tried to force himself on Artemis and she was the one who sent the scorpion. In yet another account of his death, Orion was stung while trying to save Leto from the scorpion. All myths of Orion’s death share the same outcome: Orion and the scorpion were placed on opposite sides of the sky, so that when the constellation Scorpius rises in the sky, Orion sets below the horizon in the west, fleeing from the scorpion.

However, there is also a myth that does not involve a scorpion: Artemis, the goddess of hunting, fell in love with the hunter and, to stop her from giving up her vows of chastity, her brother Apollo dared her to hit a small target in the distance with her bow and arrow. Not knowing that the target was Orion, who was enjoying a swim, she hit it in a single shot, killing her would-be lover. Devastated by his death, she placed Orion among the stars.

Orion is a well-known constellation in many cultures. In Australia, the stars forming Orion’s Belt and sword are sometimes called the Pot or the Saucepan. In South Africa, the three stars of Orion’s Belt are known as Drie Konings (the three kings) or Drie Susters (the three sisters). In Spain and Latin America, the stars are called Las Tres Marías, or The Three Marys.

Babylonians knew Orion as MUL.SIPA.ZI.AN.NA or The Heavenly Shepherd (The True Shepherd of Anu) in the Late Bronze Age and associated the constellation with Anu, the god of the heavenly realms. Egyptians associated it with Osiris, the god of death, afterlife and rebirth. Orion was also identified with Unas, the last Pharaoh of the Fifth Dynasty, who was said to have eaten the flesh of his enemies and devoured the gods themselves to become great and bring inheritance of his power. According to myth, Unas travels through the sky to become the star Sabu, or Orion.

Because pharaohs were believed to be transformed into Osiris after death, some of the greatest pyramids – the ones at Giza – were built to mirror the pattern of the stars in the constellation. To make the transformation easier, the air shaft in the King’s Chamber in the Great Pyramid was aligned with the star Alnitak, Zeta Orionis, the easternmost star in Orion’s Belt.

The Aztecs called the stars of Orion’s Belt and sword the Fire Drill; their rising in the sky signalled the beginning of the New Fire ceremony, a ritual Aztecs performed to postpone the end of the world.
orion constellation,rigel,betelgeuse,orions belt

Orion constellation, cropped from photo by Hubble, ESA, Akira Fujii

In Hungarian mythology, Orion is identified with Nimrod, a famous hunter and father of Hunor and Magor, the two twins also known as Hun ad Hungarian. In Scandinavian tradition, the constellation is associated with the goddess Freya and called Frigg’s Distaff (Friggerock), after the tool she used for spinning. The Chinese knew the constellation as Shen, a great hunter or warrior.

Another ancient legend dates back to the second millennium BC. The Hittites (a Bronze Age people of Anatolia, the region comprising most of present-day Turkey) associated the constellation with Aqhat, a famous mythical hunter. The war goddess Anat fell in love with him, but after he refused to lend her his bow, she tried to steal it. However, the man she sent to get the bow messed up the assignment pretty badly, killing Aqhat and dropping the bow into the sea. This is why, according to the myth, the constellation drops below the horizon for two months in the spring.
==========

There are times when fiction, (The S.S.), and reality collide. The story makes mention that there are many "allies" or "associates" of the Gehr family that are powerful and have extensive holdings.

There is an individual named Charles Wesley Faires who has official paperwork from the United States government that he is the sole owner of all mining and mineral claims regarding the Constellation Orion.

(from his web site); Over the past ten years I have developed a body of work – in the form of formal clarification backed by Authentication from the past three U.S. Secretaries of State – which I believe provides irrefutable evidence that the Outer Space Treaty does not forbid private property rights.

For nearly half a century, ambiguity surrounding the legality of private property rights under the 1967 Outer Space Treaty has hindered forward progress in the commercialization of space. With interest at an all-time high in private ventures within the commercial space sector such as asteroid mining,, it is time to end the 50-year-old debate once and for all.

In 1967, the U.S., U.S.S.R., and 122 other governments called for a disarmament treaty under the United Nations to ensure peaceful progress during the space race. This Outer Space Treaty contained a clause to prevent annexation of the Moon and other celestial bodies by any nation:

”Outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means.” [Article II] -

Subsequently, advocates for private-sector property rights have cited as justification for their position the lack of direct prohibition of such rights. For their part, opponents argued that, with no entity to grant property rights and no direct provisions favorable to private citizens, property rights were an impossibility. For fifty years, these assertions have stood without resolution.

In 2003, I filed a Claim of Ownership to the three stars of Orion's Belt with the Knox County, Tennessee, Properties and Deeds Office and with the Library of Congress, and subsequently set a long-term goal of achieving, without litigation, a positive interpretation of the Outer Space Treaty regarding private property rights. Rather than proceed from the standard argument cited above, I took a more indirect approach by considering evidence provided in other treaties addressing property rights in general and, more specifically, those beyond national jurisdictions:

(1) The U.N.'s 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that everyone shall have the “right to property” and no one shall be arbitrarily deprived of that right (Art. 17).
(2) The 1957 Antarctic Treaty prohibits the “assertion” of Antarctic territorial claims.
(3) The 1982 Law of the Sea Treaty places specific prohibitions on property rights being granted to “natural persons” within the Deep Sea Bed under international waters.

With the Declaration of Human Rights establishing the primacy of the human right to property absent a specific cause for prohibition and with the Outer Space Treaty falling between the 1957 and 1982 international treaties, which do state a clear limitation of those rights in the instance of the Antarctic and the Deep Sea Bed, it can be deduced that had there been an intention to exclude the right to property of natural persons, the Outer Space Treaty would have clearly so stated. Thus, I have sought a formal determination that the Outer Space Treaty was never intended to restrict the Human Right to property beyond national borders and that therefore the assertion of a claim to property rights by a natural person upon a celestial body is not patently unlawful under the 1967 Outer Space Treaty.

To this end, I pursued an invitation to the annual meeting of the United Nations Committee on Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS), which I was granted in 2008 as a representative of the private sector. Here I was able to interact directly with the competent authorities from both the U.S. Department of State and the United Nations who interpret and implement treaties pertaining to outer space.

The U.S. Delegation to the COPUOS confirmed that my documentation asserting a claim of ownership to the three stars of Orion's Belt did not constitute a violation of the 1967 Outer Space Treaty. With that consultation, I was able to acquire the first Authentication, under U.S. Secretary of State Rice, for legal use abroad of my claim documentation. Since then I have filed similar claims to off-planet property in 9 counties, 5 states, and the District of Columbia, in addition to receiving Authentication under three U.S. Secretaries of State, (including a
Notice of Intent to Preserve Property Rights and Mineral Interest for Minor Planet #160346)

All these filings strengthen the case that no violation of treaty law is -involved in such claims. I thus believe my research confirms without a shadow of a doubt that the assertion of a claim to property rights by a natural person upon a celestial body is not in violation of the Outer Space Treaty. The United States recently validated my research with the passage of a law confirming rights of private entities concerning resources exploited from near-earth asteroids.

With the U.S. work complete, the task of gaining international acceptance of the concept that private property rights in outer space may be lawfully granted under the current treaty framework is now at hand.

At a time where the momentum seems to be in favor of off-planet property rights for the private sector, I stress a very similar scenario from the 1980s, in which The Deep Sea Mining industry saw an influx of enterprise and passage of a unilateral U.S. law supporting mineral rights beyond national jurisdiction. Due to backlash by the international community in the form of the Law of the Sea treaty; Sea Bed Mining is dead in the water. Now, in the 50 th year of the Outer Space Treaty, it is the time to implement a series of actions in the international arena, t o solidify the concept of off-planet property rights, If successful, these actions should lay to rest any argument that private property rights were prohibited by the 1967 Outer Space Treaty for good.

Sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction.

---tort--
Old 09-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Survivor

Exclamation Another foray into the Gehr-Waffenfabrik armory archive

More than likely one of the most ancient weapons that would be found in the Gerh Waffenfabrik armory archive would be an original example of a Falx.

"Falx" is a Latin word originally meaning sickle but was later used to mean any of a number of tools that had a curved blade that was sharp on the inside edge such as a sickle. Falx was also used to mean a weapon – particularly that of the Thracians and Dacians – and, later, a siege hook used by the Romans.

The Dacian falx came in two sizes: one-handed and two-handed. The shorter variant was called sica (sickle) in the Dacian language (Valerius Maximus, III,2.12) with a blade length that varied but was usually around 16 inches (41*cm) long with a handle 1/3 longer than the blade. The two-handed falx was a pole-arm. It consisted of a 3 feet (0.91*m) long wooden shaft with a long curved iron blade of nearly-equal length attached to the end. Archaeological evidence indicates that the one-handed falx was also used two-handed.
The blade was sharpened only on the inside and was reputed to be devastatingly effective. However, it left its user vulnerable because, being a two-handed weapon, the warrior could not also make use of a shield. It may be imagined that the length of the two-handed falx allowed it to be wielded with great force, the point piercing helmets and the blade splitting shields - it was said to be capable of splitting a shield in two at a single blow. Alternatively, it might have been used as a hook, pulling away shields and cutting at vulnerable limbs, or striking the edge of a strong shield. The inward curving point was still able to pierce the armor or flesh of the target behind the shield, rendering even the most reinforced shields much less effective against a falx wielder.

---tort--
Old 09-18-2019, 12:46 AM
Mitakuye Oyasin!

Thanks for finding my lost post Tort. My brain has been mush lately. The summers in Arkansas are hot for this X-Minnesota gal. It even made me dizzy and nauseous. Yuck!!

Good to see some returns lately. If you do not know me:I am The One & only 2medicine woman. Born and raised in God's country. Minnesota, Land of 10,000 lakes. I am also Lakota. Former probation/parole officer. Mother of 4.. Grandmother of 6.

Some like me,some don't.(shrugs) I am voice for those who have none. Warrior for the children and elders.

DC you were going to call me. I miss yourself brain & talking. Everything you do is beyond this old gal but I do so enjoy you being you.

To All: stay alert. Do not stick your head up your butt. Face the truths we all can see around us and in our country.

Keep The Faith
2med on her soap box.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2medicine woman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Survivor

Talking It's coming, (but then, so is Christmas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2medicine woman View Post
Thanks for finding my lost post Tort. My brain has been mush lately. The summers in Arkansas are hot for this X-Minnesota gal. It even made me dizzy and nauseous. Yuck!!

Good to see some returns lately. If you do not know me:I am The One & only 2medicine woman. Born and raised in God's country. Minnesota, Land of 10,000 lakes. I am also Lakota. Former probation/parole officer. Mother of 4.. Grandmother of 6.

Some like me,some don't.(shrugs) I am voice for those who have none. Warrior for the children and elders.

DC you were going to call me. I miss yourself brain & talking. Everything you do is beyond this old gal but I do so enjoy you being you.

To All: stay alert. Do not stick your head up your butt. Face the truths we all can see around us and in our country.

Keep The Faith
2med on her soap box.
Good to see you posting Den Mother. It has been unseasonably warm in the Ozark region this September, (no rain yet this month but some is predicted this weekend. I hope so.).

I have spoken/texted with DC over the past week and kept ragging on him to publish. Hopefully he will get tired enough of my pestering and we'll have a book.

He also shared a video with me about a "surprise" for the window lickers here. I won't do a spoiler but I'm sure that those who have followed the saga of the family Gehr will be surprised and excited.

---tort--
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 08:54 AM
Hail to the King, Baby

Thanked 3,356 Times in 922 Posts

DC, Publish the Book.

Also, call Den Mother.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2019, 07:37 PM
Survivor

Exclamation

Texted DC yesterday and suggested he call Den Mother. Apparently he did since she called me to let me know that they had talked.

Still no definite progress on publication but the old refrain of; "I'm working on it." That's usually what I say when I'm on the pot and constipated, but that's me.

---tort--
Old 09-23-2019, 09:36 PM
exitus acta probat

Thanked 1,293 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledPatriot View Post
DC, Publish the Book.

Also, call Den Mother.
Yeah DC, call Den mother.

Book?! There’s going to be a BOOK??!!
The Following User Says Thank You to InternalCombustion For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalCombustion View Post
Yeah DC, call Den mother.

Book?! There’s going to be a BOOK??!!
I hope so. We need to see how the soldiers daughter fits into this adventure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smitty60 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 01:49 PM

Are we back to the cricket choir?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bringerofgame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Survivor

Unhappy yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringerofgame View Post
Are we back to the cricket choir?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yes, yes we are. I text/talk with DC about every third day to nag him about publishing. He says he is still up to his neck in fecal material regarding family and that is the main reason no book yet.

I will keep nagging and hope that he gets so tired of it that he just breaks down and publishes.

---tort--
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 01:10 PM
Mitakuye Oyasin!

Almost there. Well had the satellite (sp?) guys here yesterday. Got internet for my pc & phone. Also had my tv set up with 190 channels with HD. Yippie skippy rock & roll for this gal.

Hurt my back yesterday so I am sore/tender & tired out. I appreciate all of you who send me messages on here, phone calls & text messages. The Lord is still taking care of me. Yeah!!!!

Blessings to all. I love because that is what my heart says. "Love One Another"
... 2 med ..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2medicine woman For This Useful Post: