Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,176 Posts
Default Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?

Advertise Here

"Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them. 13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, [a]“We [b]exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches.” 14 Also there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?

16 Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, [c]overpowered them, and prevailed against [d]them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. 17 This became known both to all Jews and Greeks dwelling in Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified."
Acts 19:11-17

In the light of the other threads that delved into denominations talk maybe we can try in this thread to put questions about Bible related subjects without adding our denomination or Church affiliation in the foreground. I am game in the spirit that Jesus is known and Paul is known also but we are less known or important.

First I notice in the verses above that objects were imbued with the Holy Spirit power coming from Paul. Can anyone explain why or if they also have heard of objects like that in their tradition. We do not need to name our traditions just to talk about what is in them.

In my church tradition we certainly have objects and even bodies that are imbued with Holy Spirit powers. Some might not be real (but who knows who is what), but if they perform miracles than you know for sure you have encounter genuine relics.
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post: