Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-23-2019, 11:24 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 29,053 Times in 8,434 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
Actually, the lease does say you’re not allowed to do things that a lot of the other residents don’t like.
Then if a substantial number of residents don't like a "Sanders 2020" bumper sticker on an individual's car in the parking lot, that individual is in violation of their lease.

Then if a substantial number of residents don't like an individual is wearing a Kippah, that individual is in violation of their lease.

You see where this is going. Right? So where does it end?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2019, 04:46 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,240 Times in 8,107 Posts

Peter, there is something called the "Halo effect".

An example, I can see a really gnarly looking, grizzled dude wearing dirty clothes, at Walmart, but if I see two forty-pound sacks of cat food in his cart I am going to have a very different view of him.

In your case nothing said you you, no evidence, will convince you they are not martyred saints, up for a huge crown in heaven, "unjustly" persecuted by people's desire they adhere to basic standards of decency and not disturb their neighbors - no, they should be allowed to do whatever it is they are doing, AND MORE "in the name of faith" because forget about respect, they should crack as many eggs as possible to make their damned omelette.

I disagree with that view; we're going to be at odds. It has been my experience ENTIRELY I can witness and literally share my faith with complete strangers, MANY of them, ongoing without ruffling feathers. The only times the police were called they thought I was begging. Once I cleared that up the officers wanted Bibles, too, and told me to carry on.

No one had to go the legal route, trying to "get rid of" me.

I have actual practical experience doing street evangelism. You might want to listen to someone who is doing that.

You have not discussed having a personal ministry. Just a lot of opinions on a message board.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2019, 06:00 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,909 Times in 10,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
No one had to go the legal route, trying to "get rid of" me.

I have actual practical experience doing street evangelism. You might want to listen to someone who is doing that.

You have not discussed having a personal ministry. Just a lot of opinions on a message board.
Ouch! I feel you are trying to pull rank on me. We obviously disagree about this case.

Yet, I agree with your “better” approach whole heartedly. And no one has to have a personal ministry to qualify for grasping what is a “better” approach. Trouble is, this thread is NOT about the “better” approach. The starting point is the legal route.

Your argument seems to be that since they did not use the “better” approach, they should lose the legal case. I don’t agree with that for all the reasons I’ve already stated. One more thing; I am NOT taking the Complaint as positive disposition of fact, as more authoritative than the Defendants rebuttal in the article of the OP. Rather, the reverse. My presumption is with the couples innocence - halo effect notwithstanding.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2019, 09:32 PM
Clinton's Hitman

Thanked 2,968 Times in 1,620 Posts

I will be watching this space for the trial.

I am expecting the apartment management has video tapes and affidavits of those making complaints. They are remaining silent to prepare their case.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2019, 05:21 AM
Survivor

Thanked 23,240 Times in 8,107 Posts

I'm not pulling rank, I'm just saying I do this. Just like I would take medical advice from someone who is actually a medical professional.

I thought about you last night. Illegals next door had their ****ing house church again in the back yard, 10 PM at night, very loud, on some sort of speaker system right next to my bedroom. Some guy going on and on in Spanish.

****ing rude. I called the police on them. It was pretty funny, they kept getting louder and louder and suddenly stopped dead in midsentence when the police showed up. I know for a fact the wife/mother next door is not here legally so they always freak when the police show up.

Yes, they had a perfect right to house church. No, they did not have a right to do it late at night or use a speaker system pointed at my house (per the police). There is a right and a wrong way to go about this. If we all lived in rentals you can BET I would have called the landlord.

Now I have an obligation not to repay them. I got up at 3 AM. I will be leaving with him. We have a very noisy metal ramp on the house to get him out. I could easily stomp up and down the ramp several times, talking loudly to him and the driver when they show up... but I will not. I will make the minimum noise possible even though they "deserve" to be woken up and kept up like I was.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post: