Mom said "I'll just come to your house" - Page 8 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
I have questioned this myself. Am I showing a lack of faith in God by preparing?

But over time I've come to a conclusion.

God works in many ways, but the bible tells us not to tempt God. We do our best with our abilities, means, and knowledge - and trust in God to guide our footsteps. We don't expect or demand God reach down with a ray of light from the cloud and shower us with manna from heaven. I DO trust in God to guide me and to help me succeed where my knowledge and abilities fail. But I'm not going to be lazy and decides I'm going to demand God do all the work...God saved Noah and his family, but only because Noah built the boat. COULD God have saved Noah and his family by having them fly on clouds for 40 days? Probably. But he chose the mundane nature of wood. And most of the time that's how God works, through mundane things and mundane people and mundane circumstances. So we ought not to discount that.
Preppers aren't doubting God any more than our grandmothers did by canning and storing up food for the winter. It's doing our best to deal with life as it is, and having faith that God will guide us in the process.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PreppingGal For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Honyock

I grew up with an old saying: "God helps those who help themselves".

In other words, if you work hard and do the right thing you will succeed.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Randal For This Useful Post: